eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Urgent help needed!! Reversed payment. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/10349-urgent-help-needed-reversed-payment.html)

beus 04-10-2009 06:54 AM

Urgent help needed!! Reversed payment.

Hi Everyone

I need advice.

I sold an item a few days ago, it was shipped last night.

I received an email from PayPal this morning that either the buyer or the buyer's bank reversed the payment.

I called PayPal to find out what's going on. When I hung up the phone, I realized that idiot PayPal agent closed the case in buyer's favor.

I wasn't able to give him the tracking number because I was at work and the tracking information was at home. I told him I'll call back when I get home. I didn't ask him to close the case at all.

So what can I do?

I sent out the item already.

Should I ask the buyer to pay?

Should I file a police report?

lakeman 04-10-2009 07:01 AM

If you log into your paypal account and go to the dispute, you should see appeal this decision, click that and then provide as much info as you can. If the item cost a lot, then you might even call paypal after you appeal the decision.

beus 04-10-2009 07:07 AM

I don't see appeal this decision link anywhere.

lakeman 04-10-2009 07:10 AM

Then maybe the dispute isn't closed. Do you see view details or status, I forget what it's called. If you click that, it will drop down with all the things that have happened while the case was opened. For example email sent to buyer, buyer called, etc.

beus 04-10-2009 07:14 AM

It shows that case closed and the following:

We have completed our investigation. Unfortunately, we are unable to
reimburse you for this bank reversal.

lakeman 04-10-2009 07:18 AM

That would make sense then, I have never had someone reverse a bank payment, if they pay through paypal then, you can dispute it because paypal has the money. It looks like the money is gone. I guess you could call Paypal with the tracking info, I think its the last option. :pout:

Lyda 04-10-2009 08:09 AM

Try to contact the buyer and see if they would send payment other way? If not, I hope you had signature confirmation with sending our package, not only tracking...

yaw1800 04-10-2009 09:00 AM

depending on what you shipped it with, you can place a stop shipment.. a lot of times when it gets to the "destination facility", they will re-route it..

i had to do this earlier in the year, it was with ups though.. and you must constantly call them to make sure they actually noted the stop shipment in their system

beus 04-20-2009 06:57 AM

An Update on this situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beus (Post 82340)
Hi Everyone

I need advice.

I sold an item a few days ago, it was shipped last night.

I received an email from PayPal this morning that either the buyer or the buyer's bank reversed the payment.

I called PayPal to find out what's going on. When I hung up the phone, I realized that idiot PayPal agent closed the case in buyer's favor.

I wasn't able to give him the tracking number because I was at work and the tracking information was at home. I told him I'll call back when I get home. I didn't ask him to close the case at all.

So what can I do?

I sent out the item already.

Should I ask the buyer to pay?

Should I file a police report?

So here is an update.

I emailed this buyer and asked her to make a payment for the item because the item was shipped out. So she sent me a second payment. She sent an echeck which of course was denied by her bank.
I emailed her again and I kindly told her that I can give her a few more days to make a payment for this item or I have no other choice but to report her to the police.

So she left me a negative feedback stating that I threatened her with the police and she also ruined my DSR ratings but she received the item.

My question is, if I report this buyer to eBay, would eBay remove this feedback? If they remove the feedback, would eBay also remove the DSR rating what she left me?

foster 04-20-2009 09:12 AM

So originally you shipped her item before her eCheck cleared? Or did she only use an eCheck the second time?

Jonas 04-20-2009 09:34 AM

Send ebay proof by paypal of the buyer stealing the item and contact their police, too, try to get them to go to the buyer's house to do a report. Then call their bank and tell them they stole the item and give the bank their name and address. Also if the buyer did a "transaction not authorized" reversal, it's against paypal's TOS, too. Do an unpaid dispute as well. Make sure in each report to note after the crime, they destroyed your ebay account with the feedback.

Tell ebay for "buyer paid with f ake/stolen funds", "buyer bidding to harass seller" eBay Help : Contact Us
Then gather all the info up from paypal and protest the feedback saying buyer bid just to leave negative feedback and they did fraud eBay Help : Contact Us

A lot of times I've gotten the feedback off and gotten the buyer suspended, too. It helps if the buyer admits the crime in their unpaid dispute.

beus 04-21-2009 02:42 PM

So I asked eBay for negative feedback removal and I received the following e-mail:

I appreciate your report about the negative Feedback you received and
your concern on the reversed payment on the item you sent to the buyer.
It's good to know that you've already reported this incident to the
police for possible internet fraud. I'd be glad to assist you with this
matter.

I would suggest that you try contacting your buyer either through email
or phone and try to resolve the problem. Once you and your buyer are
able to resolve it, you could send a request for Feedback revision. The
buyer will receive this in their personal email address associated with
their eBay account once sent.

With this new process, your buyer will be able to revise the Feedback
rating, comment, and Detailed Seller Ratings.

I asked them again and I received the same email.

So I sent them the following e-mail. I'm sure it's not going to help but I have no intention to keep this eBay account anyway, so they can suspend me.

So what you are saying is that you allow a buyer, who committed internet
fraud, not just scam me out of the item but you also let her to ruin my
feedback and my DSR ratings.
And you also let her to be an active member of eBay.

Just for your information, she paid for the item on April 5. I shipped out
the item on April 10 and the same day her bank reversed her payment. So this
means that she is a scam artist. She made a second payment which was also
denied by her bank. She has no intention to pay for this item at all.

So now eBay just waits until more seller will report this buyer as being a
scam artist?
I thought eBay should be a safe and secured environment where sellers can
safely sell their items. I think I was wrong.

And do you really think that she'll agree to remove her negative feedback
when she doesn't even want to agree to pay for the item what was sent to
her?

And also, eBay has the following policy:
"eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items
that they commit to purchase."

I see that eBay only wrote this policy but it is not being forced on the
buyer.

eBay let this buyer off the hook once, and now she knows how to get free
stuffs on eBay.
Maybe she should write an e-book and sell it on eBay and title could be "
How to get free stuffs on eBay, screw a seller and ruin their reputation"
The subtitle should be "This is all legal, since eBay doesn't force their
own policy on buyers."

Thank you for eBay's help.

I'm ready to take my business somewhere else.