eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal permanently limited, no email, no explanation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/104831-paypal-permanently-limited-no-email-no-explanation.html)

aalexander 02-03-2017 08:18 PM

Paypal permanently limited, no email, no explanation

I have just had one of my Paypals permanently limited, with the following message when I logged in:
Quote:

You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community in which all our customers can do business. We noticed activity on your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank account or credit card details linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, at which point we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.
There was no email, it says "activity on your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement", but I don't completely understand what I did wrong. I just logged in one day to find this message :pout: The ebay linked was a top rated seller, 100% feedback. Luckily there was only about £100 or so in the account, and I've got a couple more accounts - so not the end of the world.

I know there's probably nothing I can do at this point to get this account back. What could the reason for the limitation be?
And how can I stop this from happening again to other accounts in the future?
Is it worth calling in to find out some more info?

just_smile 02-04-2017 03:05 AM

Re: Paypal permanently limited, no email, no explanation

You have broke the user agreement and pp don't like your business model unfortunately. I would hazard a guess it's down to the items you're selling.

Ebayorbust 02-04-2017 03:22 AM

Is this the same account that was limited and restored a few weeks ago?

I'd also agree that the limitation has been caused by the items you are selling.

aalexander 02-04-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 828159)
Is this the same account that was limited and restored a few weeks ago?

I'd also agree that the limitation has been caused by the items you are selling.

No this is a different account :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ebayorbust 02-04-2017 06:22 AM

Still definitely caused by the items being sold.

The common "offenders" are usually items sent via digital delivery or items relating to drug paraphernalia / e-cigs.

rsot 02-04-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aalexander (Post 828168)
No this is a different account :)

Selling different things than the other account as well?

aalexander 02-04-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 828171)
Selling different things than the other account as well?

The items sold on both accounts are in the same category, but the products on this account were generally much higher value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sunny day 02-04-2017 08:00 PM

not sure but can guess you used to sell brand name items ,PP detected high risk there in both cases both accounts ...
if i am right ... try to sell something else ... stop selling brand name items specially if you sell high value items .