eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Question... Good ebay acct (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/104877-question-good-ebay-acct.html)

jack702 02-06-2017 03:13 PM

Question... Good ebay acct

this doesn't have much to do with PayPal.

but I have worked an eBay account up for months. It doesn't have any problems or limitations.

Can I sell stuff on this ebay account and process my own payments?? Bypassing paypal. Just taking credit card payments directly?

Payelectronica 02-09-2017 07:28 AM

Re: Question... Good ebay acct

Sure you can but, goodluck finding buyers who pay with anything other than PayPal.

rsot 02-09-2017 08:01 AM

And some goody-twoshoe buyers may actually report you to eb - be careful

phaz0rz 02-09-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 829156)
And some goody-twoshoe buyers may actually report you to eb - be careful

They would have no grounds to report a seller since using a merchant account to process direct CC payments is permitted by eBay. OP would not be violating any rules.

Payelectronica has a perfectly valid point though. I was recently forced to switch from Paypal to a merchant account on my best account. Now that I've made the switch I'm realizing how much eBay pushes Paypal as a payment method. eBay makes it nearly impossible for buyers to pay a seller via their merchant account.

When you switch to your merchant account, your customers will start being required to checkout using eBay checkout rather than Paypal checkout. Some buyers will refuse to pay with anything other than Paypal. Currently, buyers are unable to use eBay checkout on the eBay App. I have no doubt this "glitch" was intentionally put in place by eBay to push sellers towards using only Paypal.

Anyway because of the app issue, I've been sending a message to EVERY SINGLE BUYER when they commit to purchase explaining that we've recently switched payment processors. In the message I will say we've received many reports of customers having issues when trying to pay for their order on the App. Then I will explain all of those issues were easily resolved by switching from the Ebay App to the classic eBay website.

I switched out of necessity since the attached Paypal account got an unfixable tax-related limitation. Since switching to our merchant account, this account maybe gets 20% of the sales it did when we were accepting Paypal still. So over the past few weeks I've been slowly diverting traffic to our other business accounts which still accept Paypal.

Overall being able to use a merchant account is a wonderful option, IMO. I've been able to salvage a Titanium Powerseller account which I'm extremely thankful for. It's looking like sales on this account will never be the same though, until we are able to configure Paypal payments on our merchant account (which is possible by the way, it's just very complicated).

Before you decide to make this switch, you should do some shopping around to determine if you're even going to be eligible to open a merchant account with anyone. The application process for merch. accounts is quite extensive....

rsot 02-09-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 829158)
They would have no grounds to report a seller since using a merchant account to process direct CC payments is permitted by eBay. OP would not be violating any rules.

That's right IF the OP gets a merchant account - sorry to OP if it wasn't clear