eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can Paypal Withdraw funds from unlinked bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/105006-can-paypal-withdraw-funds-unlinked-bank-account.html)

kirch 02-10-2017 07:55 PM

Can Paypal Withdraw funds from unlinked bank account

I had sold some used electronic gadgets on ebay 4 months back.One of the buyer said his item (xbox) is not working and wanted to return it for a refund
Actually,I have not given any kind of warranty and sold as used (as it is)

I have removed bank account from my paypal account and no credit card is attached .Now I would like to know can paypal still withdraw from bank account if my account goes negative (if ebay refunds the buyer)

MM78 02-10-2017 08:05 PM

Re: Can Paypal Withdraw funds from unlinked bank account

I don't think PayPal can do that. Also 4 months later? I don't think this person has a chance of a return.

kirch 02-10-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 829551)
I don't think PayPal can do that. Also 4 months later? I don't think this person has a chance of a return.

Thanks
I am worried cos paypal has 180 days charge back /refund policy and going by paypal track record of siding with buyer ,I am worried if it refunds buyer and my balance goes negative and attempts to withdraw from my checking account

sax4 02-11-2017 12:21 AM

Not possible as long as account as been removed

kirch 02-11-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 829579)
Not possible as long as account as been removed

Thanks for the info

dallis 02-12-2017 09:28 PM

'As is' is meaningless to PP, they say it can be returned and refunded for 180 days, and EB and PP terms supercede yours.

Just FYI, technically, you haven't removed the bank account, they still have the all the info, but you have effectively rescinded your permission to debit the bank account.

They will draw your PP negative, though, and then send a collection agency after you.

If the PP is in your real name they can and often will ding your credit report.

rookprop 02-12-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 829551)

BUYERS always have 6 months to do a chargeback. Especially if you are unresponsive during the dispute.

Your bank account info is still seen by paypal. Unlinking does nothing. However, paypal usually just puts your balance in negative and they usually dont take out of the bank account.
Other than that, everyones answers are pure speculation. If you want 100 percent accuracy, you close your account.

rookprop 02-12-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 829929)
'As is' is meaningless to PP, they say it can be returned and refunded for 180 days, and EB and PP terms supercede yours.

Just FYI, technically, you haven't removed the bank account, they still have the all the info, but you have effectively rescinded your permission to debit the bank account.

They will draw your PP negative, though, and then send a collection agency after you.

If the PP is in your real name they can and often will ding your credit report.

They CANT DING YOUR CREDIT without a SSN. Real name, real address means nothing. So easy to dispute.

kirch 02-13-2017 01:19 PM

The purpose of my thread is to know if anyone has gone through this situation

cos all the opinions here are just assumptions and possibilities

easy.bake.oven 02-13-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirch (Post 829550)
I had sold some used electronic gadgets on ebay 4 months back.One of the buyer said his item (xbox) is not working and wanted to return it for a refund
Actually,I have not given any kind of warranty and sold as used (as it is)

I have removed bank account from my paypal account and no credit card is attached .Now I would like to know can paypal still withdraw from bank account if my account goes negative (if ebay refunds the buyer)

No they cant

slokor 02-13-2017 07:05 PM

if the bank account has been removed they cannot charge it.
If youre realy concerned about it just shut down the account and reopen it under a new number - go to the bank and tell them youre worried someone might have gained access to your financial information and that youd rather be safe than sorry. I did it myself a couple of times when I wanted to replace all my bank account number with a bank to be able to use them all again.

rsot 02-13-2017 07:23 PM

I have done the same as slokor - I also have turned 2 accounts to deposit only to prevent withdrawal