eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can PayPal see 3rd Party Shipping Addresses? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/105967-can-paypal-see-3rd-party-shipping-addresses.html)

ShowMeDude 03-18-2017 12:33 AM

Can PayPal see 3rd Party Shipping Addresses?

If I place an order though a major retail store online, and enter a different shipping address than the billing address to ship the item to, do the stores share that information with paypal?

Meaning if I use a stealth account to make a purchase, but enter the shipping address to an address I have access to, will Paypal see that. Or do they not share information.

rsot 03-18-2017 12:42 AM

Re: Can PayPal see 3rd Party Shipping Addresses?

Since the store is SHIPPING to that address, I am certain that the info is shared with Paypal since money is involved.

Are you worried about using an old banned address?

ShowMeDude 03-18-2017 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 836573)
Since the store is SHIPPING to that address, I am certain that the info is shared with Paypal since money is involved.

Are you worried about using an old banned address?

That would be correct, trying to find an alternative method of withdrawing other than adding a bank account.

What about doing an in-store pick up but changing the name of the Pickup person?

rsot 03-18-2017 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMeDude (Post 836574)
That would be correct, trying to find an alternative method of withdrawing other than adding a bank account.

What about doing an in-store pick up but changing the name of the Pickup person?

I don't have experience with that - there have been some ancient threads about ppl buying stuff and picking them up in-store BUT there might be more crackdown these days.

Honestly, I would wait for other people to post more experience or perhaps you can pm some of the moderators if they have any recommendations.

Are you not able to withdraw to bank?

ShowMeDude 03-18-2017 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 836575)
I don't have experience with that - there have been some ancient threads about ppl buying stuff and picking them up in-store BUT there might be more crackdown these days.

Honestly, I would wait for other people to post more experience or perhaps you can pm some of the moderators if they have any recommendations.

Are you not able to withdraw to bank?

I could add one and initiate a transfer and hope it makes it. This is my first time using a stealth account, just exploring options.

dallis 03-18-2017 04:37 PM

It will go back to PP.

Will they recognize it? I don't know, but they watch for fraud, and their systems will probably pick it up at some point.

Why rick your account. Just pay and pick it up at the store, or go in and add on delivery manually and pay separately.

parsierngue 03-18-2017 04:52 PM

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...-question.html

In short, yes the store will share the address with PayPal but it won't be a problem if you have otherwise followed correct stealth procedures.

ShowMeDude 03-18-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsierngue (Post 836689)
Take a look at this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...-question.html

In short, yes the store will share the address with PayPal but it won't be a problem if you have otherwise followed correct stealth procedures.

Im American, no idea what Hungry House is, so I don't understand whats going on in that thread.

ShowMeDude 03-18-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 836688)
It will go back to PP.

Will they recognize it? I don't know, but they watch for fraud, and their systems will probably pick it up at some point.

Why rick your account. Just pay and pick it up at the store, or go in and add on delivery manually and pay separately.

No clue what your talking about either. Please read what you typed, does it make sense to you?

parsierngue 03-19-2017 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowMeDude (Post 836707)
Im American, no idea what Hungry House is, so I don't understand whats going on in that thread.

So because you are American you are going to completely ignore everything else I wrote? lol

Ignore the Hungryhouse parts then. What I said about using addresses still applies.

dallis 03-19-2017 06:11 PM

Question: "if I use a stealth account to make a purchase, but enter the shipping address to an address I have access to, will Paypal see that"

Answer: It will go back to PP.

Clarification: Yes, the "sent to" address used goes back to PP as a part of their confirmation receipt process.

ShowMeDude 03-19-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsierngue (Post 836782)
So because you are American you are going to completely ignore everything else I wrote? lol

Ignore the Hungryhouse parts then. What I said about using addresses still applies.

It has more to do with rules and practices in the U.S. vs the UK and elsewhere that I
Am looking for responses from someone here (U.S.) that might have tried it

Lucynda 10-08-2017 10:37 AM

P.O boxes are cheap. If you're worried about the address open a P.O box and use a different name for the shipping.

dallis 10-08-2017 06:45 PM

Thread is 6 months old and long over.