eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Added a bank to paypal but didn't register (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/106230-added-bank-paypal-but-didnt-register.html)

myrong 03-27-2017 01:54 PM

Added a bank to paypal but didn't register

I added a bank account then PP asked to verify with a automated phonecall.

As I didn't have the sim I cancelled the bank attachment.

Are those details now linked to the bank even though it didn't go through?

My guess is yes but I'm being hopeful.

I don't need the paypal now so Id rather not waste the bank account.

slokor 03-27-2017 03:00 PM

Re: Added a bank to paypal but didn't register

If the bank account was added then the answer is yes. That information will remain on the paypal system forever as a part of their records and if you add that bank account again in the future to a different paypal account those two accounts will be linked.
The thing is - if you dont have any activity on this account and you decide to 'dump' it then it really makes no difference since this account wont be a factor in assessing the risk or trust levels of any other paypal account.

Speeder33 03-28-2017 02:50 AM

While I usually don't advise calling paypal, for an issue like this, its usually not a problem. If you act dumb and confused why the bank account cannot be added, the rep can manually enter it for you.

myrong 03-28-2017 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 838620)
If the bank account was added then the answer is yes. That information will remain on the paypal system forever as a part of their records and if you add that bank account again in the future to a different paypal account those two accounts will be linked.
The thing is - if you dont have any activity on this account and you decide to 'dump' it then it really makes no difference since this account wont be a factor in assessing the risk or trust levels of any other paypal account.

Yes it wasn't actually added as in confirmed, it just put the details in but got to a verification screen and closed the tab. As the PP is showing no bank added. I will be dumping this pp account soon and closing it off as the ebay is gone so it'll be okay to use on a new account, do you think?

Looking at the worst case, paypal will see a bank added to a new account that was added to a closed account that had no problems and was user closed.