eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Quick Security Check, Can't Withdraw Funds (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/106340-quick-security-check-cant-withdraw-funds.html)

Chris18181 03-31-2017 08:09 AM

Quick Security Check, Can't Withdraw Funds

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble withdrawing funds to my bank

I keep getting a Quick Security Check, mobile number is registered (and confirmed)

It keeps saying "please add a phone" when i do so i get a message that says "It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name. Please try a different number."

What should i do?

phaz0rz 03-31-2017 08:55 AM

Re: Quick Security Check, Can't Withdraw Funds

Add the number in your Paypal profile and then wait several months before trying to withdraw, and your new number will show up in the security check page.

Only thing that's ever worked for me.

Mygadgets 03-31-2017 08:56 AM

don't sign into your paypal for 10 days, after 10 days, login and do your withdraw, no security check will come up.

phaz0rz 03-31-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mygadgets (Post 839413)
don't sign into your paypal for 10 days, after 10 days, login and do your withdraw, no security check will come up.

Haha, good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Chris18181 03-31-2017 09:23 AM

I swear its always something with PayPal, I can't wait wait 10 days have a car payment due next week and need my money, I am going to go buy a cheap phone and see if it will work that way

ilcarletto 03-31-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

when i do so i get a message that says "It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name. Please try a different number."
What did you add when got the above?

Chris18181 03-31-2017 09:45 AM

I added my Google Voice Number, This was the number that was on the account when i purchased it

phaz0rz 03-31-2017 11:31 AM

Buying a prepaid phone isn't going to work but let us know how it goes since I'm assuming you're already on the way to the store.

Quick question though. If a GV # was used to originally create the account, then why aren't you completing the security check via the GV #? The GV # is linked to the email you got with the account so the text message would go to that email, and then your problem is solved.

Awaken 03-31-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 839445)
Buying a prepaid phone isn't going to work but let us know how it goes since I'm assuming you're already on the way to the store.

Quick question though. If a GV # was used to originally create the account, then why aren't you completing the security check via the GV #? The GV # is linked to the email you got with the account so the text message would go to that email, and then your problem is solved.

Same thing i was thinking.

Chris18181 03-31-2017 10:52 PM

I already tried entering the GV number that was with the PayPal it keeps saying it's not registered in my name

oethumb39 04-01-2017 11:56 AM

I think the quickest way out of this would be to call up paypal and ask them help you.
I had a similar issue a few months ago and I called them up.
thats the only quickest way I can think of.

Chris18181 04-02-2017 12:53 PM

I called said there was hold on my account for withdrawing funds then they wanted to ask me a few security questions to match from public records, 1st question was the last 4 digits of my social which i could not provide since my account is stealth so i acted like i had a bad connection and hung up, not sure what to do now

Chris18181 04-02-2017 01:02 PM

well this sucks now my account is limited so pissed!

they want:

Provide proof of your address
Confirm a bank
Upload a bank statement
Confirm your Social Security number
Confirm identit
y

BigCJ 04-02-2017 01:55 PM

Starting to think its security check sunday. Just got this on one of my established accounts as well after trying to add a bank accouny. Wont touch it though..will try to wait it out.

hubschrauber 01-05-2022 01:06 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I was having a related issue trying to set up coinbase to use Paypal. The existing GV number wasn't eligible (because it isn't associated with a name in the database Paypal uses for verifications) so I was getting the "Quick Security Check" prompt. However, I wasn't even getting past the "Add Phone" button.

Adding this to the thread because I think some of the people who are experiencing this issue are also dealing with Paypal's bad web content design. The problem I had, in addition to the "can't use GV numbers" issue, is that the "Quick Security Check" was popped up in a small frame from another site. When you click the "Add Phone" button, the entry form for the phone number is placed to the right of the button, which is not visible in the small popup window, so it looks like nothing happened, and there is no obvious place to actually enter a phone number and continue.

The solution to get past that (if it is part of the problem you're having) is to right click the title bar (top of the window) and choose "view as tab" which will reveal the phone number entry form that was previously not visible. After that it is possible to enter a phone number, so at least then you can see the error messages related to ineligible VOIP (e.g. Google voice) numbers, etc.

rsot 01-06-2022 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hubschrauber (Post 1181008)
I know this is an old thread, but I was having a related issue trying to set up coinbase to use Paypal. The existing GV number wasn't eligible (because it isn't associated with a name in the database Paypal uses for verifications) so I was getting the "Quick Security Check" prompt. However, I wasn't even getting past the "Add Phone" button.

Adding this to the thread because I think some of the people who are experiencing this issue are also dealing with Paypal's bad web content design. The problem I had, in addition to the "can't use GV numbers" issue, is that the "Quick Security Check" was popped up in a small frame from another site. When you click the "Add Phone" button, the entry form for the phone number is placed to the right of the button, which is not visible in the small popup window, so it looks like nothing happened, and there is no obvious place to actually enter a phone number and continue.

The solution to get past that (if it is part of the problem you're having) is to right click the title bar (top of the window) and choose "view as tab" which will reveal the phone number entry form that was previously not visible. After that it is possible to enter a phone number, so at least then you can see the error messages related to ineligible VOIP (e.g. Google voice) numbers, etc.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

abdulatif 01-06-2022 12:37 PM

Try chat with paypal, they will fix it.