Need to eliminate or speed up PayPal funds release - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-27-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Need to eliminate or speed up PayPal funds release

Hello everyone, I've been here awhile now, but this is my first time posting, so I apologize in advance for the newbie-style! I'm getting desperate at this point though, very desperate, so any advice is deeply appreciated.
I need to know if there is anything I can do to stop payments from going directly to hold. Can I add another credit card? Bank account? I know that it's possible for the majority of payments to become available immediately, even with a relatively new account, does anyone know a way to make it so? Or am I at their mercy and these things are "randomly" assigned to each new account by the sadistic-greedy-money-hording ass-hats at PayPal?
As for the money that's already on hold in my account, what more can I do? I'm shipping items asap, asking for feedback, calling customer service night and day, does anyone know a good strategy, perhaps invoices from vendors or whatever, or just strait-up begging the thieving *******s to please release some money so my wife doesn't kill me in my sleep??
A little background on me, basically just like hundreds of other people on here, I'm pulling my hair out because PayPal takes their sweet time releasing payments. However, today it crossed over from being a severe annoyance to putting my marriage with my 5 month pregnant wife trouble. If I don't squeeze some money out of these assholes soon, she's getting ready to walk, no joke.
About 6 months ago I put up a few things on ebay to sell, it was my first time selling and I had no f'ing clue what I was doing, but to my childish glee, my items actually sold quickly. The funds then went into my brand-new Paypal account, and actually became available immediately. I thought that was the way it worked for everyone to, I was blissfully completely ignorant about "holds".
Over the course of about two or three weeks I started to get the hang of selling, and things were going well. I found I was kind of good at finding stuff to sell that people wanted, I got a paypal business debit card which made it extremely easy for me to withdraw funds and get more inventory. Getting inventory wasn't easy though, it took a very large amount of time and effort, and I needed to have money upfront, which was tough because my wife is studying full time to become an MD, and I was jobless, so money was and still is tight; to put it lightly. As I said before, I was very new at selling, and really didn't know jack-**** about what I was doing. Long story short, my Paypal account got limited, out of the freaking blue one morning, and as I had sunk almost every damn penny into my inventory, I literally could not even buy postage. It was difficult to even fill some orders at all. I scrambled, paid postage and got new inventory using our savings, but i wasn't fast enough apparently, and a few late items later - ebay suspends my account. Fml.
Not knowing at all what to do, I foolishly decided to pay them the $600 in selling fees out of my WIFE'S savings, (stupid stupid stupid), but at the time being fairly sure I could fix this whole limit & suspension problem and easily get the money back in sales when things were back on track. I was wrong, and everything went FUBAR. I couldn't fix it, and I lost a ton of money to paypal.
But I didn't give up, I searched, and eventually found this place. I learned about stealth accounts. Got a few going, and while I was setting up these accounts I was also sinking A LOT more money into inventory, knowing I'd need it when I could finally start selling more than five items at a time.
Finally I got an ebay account going with a decent limit, with a good paypal and another debit card. I start listing, and sales pile up fast. But every single penny goes strait to hold. It's been two weeks now selling on this same account, and they've still only released tiny scrapes of my money, I'm basically working for free.
Throughout this ordeal, I've also been jobless, until yesterday when I started at my new job, but i wont see a paycheck for three weeks. I've also been borrowing a lot of money from my wife to get this business going, all the while promising her that soon sales would pick up and everything would be fine. She doesn't know anything about PayPal, and honestly explaining it to someone who doesn't know about PayPal "holds" is awful, seriously I can hardly believe the words coming out of my own mouth, it just sounds like total bull****. "Yeah hun, they pretty much make up their own rules...all your money is there, but I can't get it yet..." We had a blowout fight about it tonight. I know deep down she's just worried because we have a baby coming, and this is NOT the time to be having these problems, however this is the reality I find myself in, like it or not.
All our money is tied up in this business and hundreds of dollars is sitting in paypal, ON HOLD. I'm again at the point where just buying shipping labels is impossible. I've called time and again, and all I get is- "it's standard industry practice, 21 ****ing days"... Good God just writing that makes my blood boil. Please, any advice, or all suggestions are welcome. I know I've made a lot of stupid moves, with ebay, paypal, and this business in general, especially regarding my wife's money, therefore it's not particularly necessary to "remind" me of all my stupidity, however, if it comes with some decent advice from a community far wiser than I, then I welcome it. Thanks guys, wish me luck
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Need to eliminate or speed up PayPal funds release

Christ.......make paragraphs or make your story shorter. You can't just "eliminate" or "speedup". After 90 days PayPal should stop holding your money.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Breakthecycle2 (05-27-2017)
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

FFS! I had maple flavoured bacon, hash browns and brewed coffee for breakfast.

The baby is eating solids well.

Anyone else have less than 100 word replies

the end.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-27-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Btw, welcome to the forum. Learn to not write essays and then you will get replies.

Stealth will serve you well and you will find it easy to use eBay Stealth and the forum to learn.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-27-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

I refuse to answer the question until it's written properly
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I do sympathize with rezzinya101's rant, and know how fustrating it is to deal with the funds holds.

They are there for specific reasons. You hear about PayPal's "policy" and "user agreement" all the time, but I'll put it in simplistic terms.

The holds are there for RISK MANAGEMENT reasons.

Look at it from PP's prespective: You are selling items on eBay without a sufficient track record, or selling who knows what? How does PP know the truth? Can they assume you are no selling foofoo items, or shipping customers a boxes of rocks? No, they can't. The 21 day holds are there these reasons. PP does not want CHARGEBACKS and needs that extra time in case there are.

PP has tens of millions of accounts and they heavily rely on algorithims and risk management models to make these decisions. Once you are "stable" in PP's eyes, those algorithims will determine if you remain a risk, or not.

Plain & simple: PayPal is a really a merchant payment processor. Have you ever applied for or had a merchant account before? You will find their hold policies just as egregious as PP's, if not more so. Visa & MC are usually much more strict in that regard.

Last edited by nickopedia; 05-27-2017 at 04:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums rezzinya101 - all the best as you master stealth

Need to space out your text and make it easier on the eyes moving forward
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums rezzinya101 - all the best as you master stealth

Need to space out your text and make it easier on the eyes moving forward
Problem was the eyes were going cross-eyed!

Old 05-27-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

OP,

1. You need to change your profile name. It's not safe having a gmail account as ID.

2. Please edit your post so it's easy to read. No one as you can see is going to bother reading it.
Old 05-27-2017

Longevity: 75%

I read it and he need to get it off his chest

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzinya101@gmail.com View Post
Hello everyone, I've been here awhile now, but this is my first time posting, so I apologize in advance for the newbie-style! I'm getting desperate at this point though, very desperate, so any advice is deeply appreciated.

I need to know if there is anything I can do to stop payments from going directly to hold. Can I add another credit card? Bank account? I know that it's possible for the majority of payments to become available immediately, even with a relatively new account, does anyone know a way to make it so? Or am I at their mercy and these things are "randomly" assigned to each new account by the sadistic-greedy-money-hording ass-hats at PayPal?

As for the money that's already on hold in my account, what more can I do? I'm shipping items asap, asking for feedback, calling customer service night and day, does anyone know a good strategy, perhaps invoices from vendors or whatever, or just strait-up begging the thieving *******s to please release some money so my wife doesn't kill me in my sleep??

A little background on me, basically just like hundreds of other people on here, I'm pulling my hair out because PayPal takes their sweet time releasing payments. However, today it crossed over from being a severe annoyance to putting my marriage with my 5 month pregnant wife trouble. If I don't squeeze some money out of these assholes soon, she's getting ready to walk, no joke.

About 6 months ago I put up a few things on ebay to sell, it was my first time selling and I had no f'ing clue what I was doing, but to my childish glee, my items actually sold quickly. The funds then went into my brand-new Paypal account, and actually became available immediately. I thought that was the way it worked for everyone to, I was blissfully completely ignorant about "holds".

Over the course of about two or three weeks I started to get the hang of selling, and things were going well. I found I was kind of good at finding stuff to sell that people wanted, I got a paypal business debit card which made it extremely easy for me to withdraw funds and get more inventory. Getting inventory wasn't easy though, it took a very large amount of time and effort, and I needed to have money upfront, which was tough because my wife is studying full time to become an MD, and I was jobless, so money was and still is tight; to put it lightly.

As I said before, I was very new at selling, and really didn't know jack-**** about what I was doing. Long story short, my Paypal account got limited, out of the freaking blue one morning, and as I had sunk almost every damn penny into my inventory, I literally could not even buy postage. It was difficult to even fill some orders at all. I scrambled, paid postage and got new inventory using our savings, but i wasn't fast enough apparently, and a few late items later - ebay suspends my account. Fml.

Not knowing at all what to do, I foolishly decided to pay them the $600 in selling fees out of my WIFE'S savings, (stupid stupid stupid), but at the time being fairly sure I could fix this whole limit & suspension problem and easily get the money back in sales when things were back on track. I was wrong, and everything went FUBAR. I couldn't fix it, and I lost a ton of money to paypal.

But I didn't give up, I searched, and eventually found this place. I learned about stealth accounts. Got a few going, and while I was setting up these accounts I was also sinking A LOT more money into inventory, knowing I'd need it when I could finally start selling more than five items at a time.

Finally I got an ebay account going with a decent limit, with a good paypal and another debit card. I start listing, and sales pile up fast. But every single penny goes strait to hold. It's been two weeks now selling on this same account, and they've still only released tiny scrapes of my money, I'm basically working for free.

Throughout this ordeal, I've also been jobless, until yesterday when I started at my new job, but i wont see a paycheck for three weeks. I've also been borrowing a lot of money from my wife to get this business going, all the while promising her that soon sales would pick up and everything would be fine.

She doesn't know anything about PayPal, and honestly explaining it to someone who doesn't know about PayPal "holds" is awful, seriously I can hardly believe the words coming out of my own mouth, it just sounds like total bull****. "Yeah hun, they pretty much make up their own rules...all your money is there, but I can't get it yet..." We had a blowout fight about it tonight. I know deep down she's just worried because we have a baby coming, and this is NOT the time to be having these problems, however this is the reality I find myself in, like it or not.

All our money is tied up in this business and hundreds of dollars is sitting in paypal, ON HOLD. I'm again at the point where just buying shipping labels is impossible. I've called time and again, and all I get is- "it's standard industry practice, 21 ****ing days"... Good God just writing that makes my blood boil. Please, any advice, or all suggestions are welcome. I know I've made a lot of stupid moves, with ebay, paypal, and this business in general, especially regarding my wife's money, therefore it's not particularly necessary to "remind" me of all my stupidity, however, if it comes with some decent advice from a community far wiser than I, then I welcome it. Thanks guys, wish me luck
Spaced out a little
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (05-29-2017)
Old 05-27-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

You sound desperate, maybe should seek monetary help from family.
Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Spaced out a little
Nice but it would have worked better on the OP.

No longer possible for him to edit his own post as suggested.

Old 05-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
You sound desperate, maybe should seek monetary help from family.
No joke. Brother paid me in Bitcoin for some money he owed me.

He is hassling me to give him back what he owed.

i am checking the calendar.

No date as yet for Hell to be freezing over so he is out of luck.

It can be difficult to rely on family to assist. Sometimes they assume entire ownership of the person.... of course some people are blessed to have good support which does help them.

Old 05-27-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

It shouldn't take 21 full days. Ship fast and you'll get your money within 3days of delivery.... Maybe your stealth method is flawed.
Old 05-28-2017

Longevity: 72%

The short answer is NO.

You can't change PP's hold policy.

In the big picture, this is just a normal, everyday issue, every one of us has had to deal with this, and I promise you things can get way worse.

If you can't navigate this crisis, you sure can't get past the next one.

And a bit of advice from an old hand here, I've been down this road, and divorce is hovering over you like a big black cloud.

TALK to your wife, dude.

LISTEN to her.

She's saying you've gone bug-f*** nuts over this business of yours.

Look at this from her viewpoint: you're buying stuff you can't afford for inventory you have no money to ship and you've stolen money from her.

She's angry because you have - or she thought you HAD - a life-partnership, and you're risking it, risking both your futures without her enthusiastic consent and agreement.

She not going to walk because of PP's policies. She's going to walk because you value this crazy dream more than you do her.

Go back to her, beg her forgiveness.

Do WHATEVER she tells you to do, because you've lost your perspective.

For whatever it's worth... keeping in mind all I see is the rant of a guy who sounds like he's on the ragged edge of a court-ordered visit to a 'special place' with 3 times a day group sessions with some psychiatrist holding a syringe full of happy juice.

Good luck, and keep calm.
Old 05-29-2017

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 40%

You are stating your case to us as if we're the ones that can over ride the 21 day hold policy. We aren't. And just so we're clear, Paypal won't/can't either.

The 21 day hold is NOT a 21 day hold, not always... many times it can be on longer or off sooner. But be sure, any attempt to rush it will not help, only hurt you.

The more desperate you are, the worse you will be treated by Fleabay, PP, and life in general. You need to NOT NEED the funds so quickly- as ironic as it sounds, things will go smoother for those who don't need it to. You need greater margins in your schedule, wallet, and life. You've lost perspective, and that's easy to do when you discover a new opportunity and then tons of unreasonable obstacles are thrown your way.

Find a job, something else. Do this on the SIDE and let it grow like a moss until it's successful on another level. If you obsess and try to rush this you will never, ever win.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliot For This Useful Post:
kvncsta (07-24-2017)
Old 05-29-2017

Longevity: 53%

I never had a hold for 21 days, it always release within 3 days or 4 days after delivery
Old 05-29-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
You are stating your case to us as if we're the ones that can over ride the 21 day hold policy. We aren't. And just so we're clear, Paypal won't/can't either.

The 21 day hold is NOT a 21 day hold, not always... many times it can be on longer or off sooner. But be sure, any attempt to rush it will not help, only hurt you.

The more desperate you are, the worse you will be treated by Fleabay, PP, and life in general. You need to NOT NEED the funds so quickly- as ironic as it sounds, things will go smoother for those who don't need it to. You need greater margins in your schedule, wallet, and life. You've lost perspective, and that's easy to do when you discover a new opportunity and then tons of unreasonable obstacles are thrown your way.

Find a job, something else. Do this on the SIDE and let it grow like a moss until it's successful on another level. If you obsess and try to rush this you will never, ever win.

best possible advice in a nutshell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jingling2017 For This Useful Post:
Elliot (06-04-2017)
Old 05-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Yes find a job, and make it progress upwards and also do ecommerce on the side. If the wife is studying to be an MD and succeeds, I doubt she will stay with you anyway long-term, as you would not be at her level......she will go all expensive on you...
Old 05-30-2017

Longevity: 43%

Just because this has become a recent frustration of mine, I'll add my interactions with PP regarding this matter.

I had been selling without getting any of these 21 day holds for just about 2 years, but recently started getting them occasionally on larger dollar amount items. I've been shipping out same day and everything, yet these payments still are sitting in my "Held Funds" category on PP.

I emailed PP to see what exactly the hold up is and they acknowledged several times that they are experiencing a glitch on their side that is causing many cleared payments to be stuck on hold right now. It's about as frustrating as it gets but I was assured they are working on the issue and it should be resolved soon. It is PayPal so "soon" may mean in the next 2 months with them but hopefully sooner rather than later for our sake!
Old 07-24-2017

Longevity: 75%

They hold and make interest maybe I don't trust em

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk