eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal to ebay link on new account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/107809-paypal-ebay-link-new-account.html)

feebaysucks 05-29-2017 05:53 PM

Paypal to ebay link on new account

I am going to use a family member's well established eBay account (no link to me as far as last name or address) that they now rarely use as my stealth account. The only thing I'm worried about is linking my Paypal account to my relative's eBay account. She already has her Paypal account linked, so would it raise less flags for me to just let the money roll into her account and transfer it to mine periodically or is it dangerous to link a new paypal account to her eBay account?

I am in good standing with Paypal, just not eBay. I would make a new Paypal account anyway, which is the one I would like to her eBay. Any info would be great on the best way to approach this!

Thanks

Jingling2017 05-29-2017 06:02 PM

Re: Paypal to ebay link on new account

All of it sounds like a horrible idea. I would pay $200 and get a new ebay and paypal go from there.

nickopedia 05-29-2017 06:02 PM

Cross linking accounts with one another is not adviseable. Best to use a new PayPal with a new eBay altogether.

If you have one account or another that had/has issues, that may potentially cause a problem for the good account.

One more thing: The link between PayPal and eBay NEVER goes away. Once accounts are linked together, it's forever. De-linking doesn't matter as both EB/PP will keep a permanent record of any and all accounts linked to each other.

feebaysucks 05-29-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingling2017 (Post 849868)
All of it sounds like a horrible idea. I would pay $200 and get a new ebay and paypal go from there.

How? The account is well established with no issues, it seems to me that when you create a new account it is heavily scrutinized by eBay. On an old account with no restrictions, it seems like a better option to me as there are no links between us and the account is already trusted. As long as I start selling slowly and access it from a fresh IP, I see way less potential problems and hoops to jump through.

Just curious on your thoughts, I appreciate the reply!

MM78 05-29-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feebaysucks (Post 849871)
How? The account is well established with no issues, it seems to me that when you create a new account it is heavily scrutinized by eBay. On an old account with no restrictions, it seems like a better option to me as there are no links between us and the account is already trusted. As long as I start selling slowly and access it from a fresh IP, I see way less potential problems and hoops to jump through.

Just curious on your thoughts, I appreciate the reply!

Honestly, you need to leave other people out of your personal business.....what if you get that account limited? also taxes will have to be paid/filed. The route you want to go causes too many issues in the end. I get that everyone wants to get back to where they were but frankly nothing beats doing it with your own accounts.

feebaysucks 05-29-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 849872)
Honestly, you need to leave other people out of your personal business.....what if you get that account limited? also taxes will have to be paid/filed. The route you want to go causes too many issues in the end. I get that everyone wants to get back to where they were but frankly nothing beats doing it with your own accounts.

I agree with that, and I have discussed the risks with my relative intensively. However, I will not be exceeding $20k a year in sales so I should avoid the 1099. I am mainly using eBay to advertise my products that are for sale on my ecommerce store, so it's mainly to get my name out there and eventually not have to sell on eBay any longer.

MM78 05-29-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feebaysucks (Post 849873)
I am mainly using eBay to advertise my products that are for sale on my ecommerce store, so it's mainly to get my name out there and eventually not have to sell on eBay any longer.

In the end....it's up to you and your family member but I personally would recommend you go stealth, wish u luck.