eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can't refund buyer his payment is on 21 day hold (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/107974-cant-refund-buyer-his-payment-21-day-hold.html)

RazvanDK 06-06-2017 01:53 AM

Can't refund buyer his payment is on 21 day hold

I don't know what to do, i sold an item yesterday that i don't have stock off anymore (forgot to take it offline) and now i can't refund the buyer.

Paypal says i don't have the necesarry balance, the money i received are on 21 days hold as usuall.

How the hell do i give the guys money back. Im afraid of calling them or talking to the buyer so he can open a dispute, it might ruin the account.

I can't find a sollution anywhere in their faq.

Can someone help ?

RazvanDK 06-06-2017 10:27 AM

Re: Can't refund buyer his payment is on 21 day hold

Emailed back their support, got a response that the reason i can't refund the man is that im limited.

I also got limited the moment i receive the payment, asked for the usual docs.

Now thats amazing to me , because you can't remove that limitation without providing proof of shipment, wich i told the customer rep i dont have anymore.

What a load of ****ing crap.

Jingling2017 06-06-2017 03:20 PM

That is why you always have a back up account for unforeseeable problems.

You have his paypal email, just send him payment and reference it in the notes.

OR the paypal account is toast, worse he can do is open a dispute which you can care less about...if you get a negative on ebay so be it.

RazvanDK 06-06-2017 04:25 PM

The account is toast, also their system is ****ed up beyond all recognition. I told him to open a dispute.

When i opted to end the dispute by refund, generic error.

All of a sudden i have 2 balances of euros and GBP , one held another probably the same.

And 12 GBP in negative....for god knows what.

Cleaned up the virtual machine and said **** that.

I just hope the guy gets his money back.

Breakthecycle2 06-06-2017 06:14 PM

Upgrade to a business account. There should be an option to refund.

RazvanDK 06-06-2017 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 851285)
Upgrade to a business account. There should be an option to refund.

It was a biz account :)

nickopedia 06-07-2017 12:28 AM

Been in this situation once; customer paid, PP limited and I needed to refund but couldn't. I simply called PP and asked them to refund, and they did it over the phone.

If you simply don't care about the account because it's toast anyway, tell the buyer to open a dispute.

empirestate 06-07-2017 12:35 AM

If you cannot do it on your end, tell the buyer to bitch at Paypal employees over the phone. That will get them to refund 100%.

RazvanDK 06-07-2017 01:46 AM

I razed the Virtualbox anyway, the guy has a claim open, good luck to him.

I'm moving on, i dunno, these insta-limitations after someone pays are really starting to get on my nerves and i'm thinking its my vcc supplier.

I don't like faking docs, its makes me feel dirty (and god knows it probably did)

nickopedia 06-07-2017 03:40 AM

Being hit with a limitation on the very first sale nothing new, but it surely has become more frequent. It's PP's way of saying they have reason to believe you are not who you say you are, or selling an item they deem as "high risk" even if you don't think it is. ;)

I know a fairly reliable source who knows what's going on in PP backend- they are stating to cross reference some key data given with both public records (LexisNexis/Accurint & CRA data).

There are likely some ways to get away with a few sales on "stealth" identities, but it's going to much harder once you pass a certain threshold with PP.

If you're stealth, slow & steady is key, but the old ways of doing things may not work as they did before. Start building up an account with low cost, and risk free items. Think of stuff you can buy at the dollar store, it's good for breaking in those new accounts.

SaiJin 06-07-2017 09:44 AM

Wait, even though you have the 21 day hold on your new account, you should still be able to refund him because it's his funds that's held specifically

RetroRedneck 06-07-2017 01:07 PM

Sending stuff with tracking, my funds clear in 5 days. I know it's too late, but it's why I send everything via tracked mail for this crappy reason.

Create another one, and start afresh.

dallis 06-07-2017 08:36 PM

You should be able to refund because the money being held is his. Just check the 'refund buyer' box and close out the complaint, it will automatically refund.

Bomberman 06-12-2017 11:29 AM

You would usually need to call to refund a payment on an account that has a limitation that doesn't allow normal refunds