eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Will PayPal Review my eCommerce website? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/108099-will-paypal-review-my-ecommerce-website.html)

Pelvery37 06-11-2017 11:54 AM

Will PayPal Review my eCommerce website?

I would like to start selling digital goods from my ecommerce website. I will start slowly and hold the payment in my account as long as possible.

Will PayPal go to my website and checks it? If Yes then is it done by worker and by robot?

TOOKNAPA 06-11-2017 12:16 PM

Re: Will PayPal Review my eCommerce website?

Yes, they will check it, and if you are selling something out of their policy, they will place a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ order on the website and suspend your account.

aspkin 06-11-2017 12:25 PM

Yes, your website will be reviewed.

I don't know about the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ order placed.. why would PayPal need to do that?

TOOKNAPA 06-11-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 852021)
Yes, your website will be reviewed.

I don't know about the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ order placed.. why would PayPal need to do that?

Yes, you are right, I said that because usually as sellers knows their items are out of policy, they use the Paypal invoice system, so the account is not directly linked to the website. In this case, Paypal place F@ke orders to know who the account belongs to, and then the suspend account and keep the money. On some occasions they also ask $25000 for the unhautorized use of their name/logo or policy infrigment.

If you use paypal direct payment, of course, their work will be easier but the consequences will be similar

dallis 06-11-2017 06:09 PM

That's insane, they're not going to buy something from you to 'check out your site'.

Just imagine the cost of doing so, and what would they do with the purchase?

TOOKNAPA 06-11-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 852065)
That's insane, they're not going to buy something from you to 'check out your site'.

Just imagine the cost of doing so, and what would they do with the purchase?

yes they do ! I never mentioned they pay for their order

dallis 06-13-2017 09:27 PM

So, 'Paypal Inc' buys your items to check out your website?

PP has like 1 billion users and is active on 400 million websites, if the average cost of an item + shipping is $8, they're spending $3.2 BILLION a year buying products just to check out people's websites?

This can't possibly be true.

It's as if logic and sense no longer exist in the world...

I'm guessing somebody with a PP address bought something, which is entirely different. :)

Play 06-13-2017 09:42 PM

OP - PayPal do check websites, I would err on the side that its a quick review carried out by a human as oppose to a bot.

Selling virtual items via PayPal is fine, though its a good idea to add tracking and send "something" to the buyer just so PayPal are at ease knowing your customers are getting what they paid for.

Would also be a good idea to spread your sales over multiple sites/multiple PP accounts to minimise risks of suspension in case of a spike in sales.

Flags are usually raised by the "title" of what your selling, in addition to the "notes" left by buyers at time of payment. Usually if those two fields have things like, names of branded items, the account gets flagged up right away, especially if new.

Hope that answers your question. Good Luck :thumb:

TOOKNAPA 06-13-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 852414)
So, 'Paypal Inc' buys your items to check out your website?

PP has like 1 billion users and is active on 400 million websites, if the average cost of an item + shipping is $8, they're spending $3.2 BILLION a year buying products just to check out people's websites?

This can't possibly be true.

It's as if logic and sense no longer exist in the world...

I'm guessing somebody with a PP address bought something, which is entirely different. :)

you are guessing wrong, but doesn't matter. Don't worry, logic and sense still exist in the world, but maybe they are not the same for everybody .

I just left my comment to share with the OP my experience on what can happen, and I can show him/her proof in mp and give advice on how to avoid it if it can help