eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Will paying a negative balance make an account stronger? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/108837-will-paying-negative-balance-make-account-stronger.html)

smartguy 07-11-2017 10:11 AM

Will paying a negative balance make an account stronger?

I am not talking about when you have 600+++ in balance and paypal limits you because somebody opened a case.

But when you have 0 and you are -40 because of a charge-back. I noticed that when you pay a negative those accounts seems to be more protected in the case of future charge back in the future. Also most of the time paypal will not limit you if they see you are in negative.

Am I wrong?

SaiJin 07-11-2017 11:25 AM

Re: Will paying a negative balance make an account stronger?

Hmmm... I don't think it matters much. There's more variable to this, IE: you pay off your balance but you have other bigger problems on eBay / paypal, then they'll still "do something" about you.

If that makes sense.

However, i've been in your shoes and I just take care of the balance asap and I see no problems. I care more about keeping the account alive.

AK81 07-11-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 857859)
Hmmm... I don't think it matters much. There's more variable to this, IE: you pay off your balance but you have other bigger problems on eBay / paypal, then they'll still "do something" about you.

If that makes sense.

However, i've been in your shoes and I just take care of the balance asap and I see no problems. I care more about keeping the account alive.

As SaiJin stated, I honestly dont think it would play any direct effect although you would think it would show a level of trust given you have technically paid your debts.

I guess you could always incorporate it in your social engineers via phone/email, if you do ever have an issue you could add into your argument the fact you paid your debts accompanied by some bs story.

dallis 07-11-2017 02:10 PM

Paying bad debts can't possibly be regarded as being better for your credit-worthiness than not incurring a bad debt in the first place.

Seems like weak logic to me.

AK81 07-11-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 857884)
Paying bad debts can't possibly be regarded as being better for your credit-worthiness than not incurring a bad debt in the first place.

Seems like weak logic to me.

We are not talking about credit, we are talking about the trust of an account.

danshan 07-11-2017 05:07 PM

i think that account since it had a chargeback and is negative is bad and move on. even if you pay the balance I would say it will be watched closer because it was once negative and had disputes

dallis 07-11-2017 05:41 PM

"trust of an account' handling money is shorthand for credit-worthiness.