eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   This payment cannot be funded with a credit card? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/10918-payment-cannot-funded-credit-card.html)

Cabo 05-16-2009 05:19 PM

This payment cannot be funded with a credit card?

I'm trying to purchase a non-Ebay item with a Simons CC on a new fully verified Paypal account. Anyone know why I'm getting the error msg:

"Credit Card - This payment cannot be funded with a credit card."

gurusgrafx 05-16-2009 05:25 PM

haven't seen that before.

what seedbox host you going with?

lakeman 05-16-2009 05:29 PM

So it works now that you did the CC verification?

Cabo 05-16-2009 05:46 PM

Lakeman, not sure yet. I'll have to wait a couple days for the expuse code.

gurusgrafx 05-16-2009 06:08 PM

yeah I'm on a shared. cannot see paying the money to go dedicated yet. OVH is one of the best.

GreenBean 05-16-2009 06:41 PM

:focus: Chat by pm thanks:boink:

Cabo 05-17-2009 12:46 PM

Just verified the CC card and I'm still getting the same error message. Anyone know what's going on? It's only a $70 charge and the vendor I'm purchasing from is a long time verified Paypal account. I haven't registered this account with Ebay, so it is strictly a Paypal issue. Could it have something to do with the Metabank bank account?

Here's Paypal's explanation:

Funding Options

PayPal is constantly working to protect our members against fraud. We review every transaction before it is approved, and we may block a payment when we detect a potential risk.

Our reviews take into account every aspect of a transaction, including looking at both parties. These decisions help us maintain the integrity of our payments network in the same way as other payment processors: by declining transactions with an unacceptable level of risk.

While our fraud measures occasionally block a legitimate payment, to maintain overall security, we cannot overturn any decisions about an individual transaction.

If you decide to continue this transaction using a different funding source, please note that the associated risk levels have not been decreased.

Vicvelcro 05-17-2009 10:52 PM

I could be mistaken, but the PP message leads me to believe that the problem is on the other end - not on your end.

king02 05-17-2009 11:21 PM

paypal wants you to use your bank account for the transfer I had this happen a few times this way paypal can get out of paying credit card fee's and risk of chargebacks

Cabo 05-18-2009 12:56 AM

Thanks for the replies. Is there any system to this type of denial? ie New accounts less than x number of days old? Does it have anything to do with the Metabank account used to verify? Could it be the combination of Simons + Metabank that places the account in a higher risk category for them? Or are you saying the person I'm ordering from is who they consider high risk? I'll try ordering from another vendor to see if that changes anything.

I'm not planning on using this account for eBay, so CCs are my only funding source.

Cabo 05-23-2009 04:17 PM

Tried it with another vendor and ran into the same problem. It appears to be a problem with my account, not the vendor. Anyone else run into a similar problem?

GreenBean 05-23-2009 05:29 PM

Cabo, over the past 7 weeks, there have been a couple of reports about problems with this card. Have you any chance of using another card, like Vanilla to see if that works?

sycore 06-02-2009 02:30 PM

It happens on accounts without both cc and bank verification.

deeznuts 06-02-2009 04:34 PM

I had a fully verified paypal account, which I had never made a purchase with. I went to make my first purchase with that account (a $400 purchase that I intended on paying for with the simon card I had attached), and got the same situation. It was prompting me to pay with an echeck. When I tried to change funding options, only echeck was available. I ended up just adding $ to my bank account and sending the echeck. The next time I tried to make a purchase with that account (a $250 purchase), I was able to use the simon card. Not sure that proves anything, but it made me feel that they just wanted to see some activity completed successfully before exposing themselves to a chargeback on an untested account.

andresmfx 06-05-2009 07:36 PM

Well I got that problem when my first acc. was suspended..I opened an account with all the 'real' info and CC from my aunt, which she galdly gave me, but had a similar message...............never knew waht happened to that account, so I had to stick to my old account and contact the seller 'outside' the Ebay 'Pay it now'...

Never tried again with that account

andresmfx 06-05-2009 07:38 PM

Perhaps it was on my case and yours because I opened it and used very soon............the stealth advise to go 'very slow' seems to fit here

andresmfx 06-05-2009 08:11 PM

A quick question..can PAYPAL limit your account as a buyer ? The 'Partying ways' message is only to sellers ?

GreenBean 06-05-2009 08:22 PM

Nope, that can happen to anyone that uses paypal. Certainly, a buyer may not have it happen but.... a seller may be under paypal flags: a buyer may get limited while the seller is being checked. If it goes bad for the seller, then the buyer may be trapped as well.:pout:

digzz 06-19-2014 10:12 AM

Re: This payment cannot be funded with a credit card?

I'm also getting this issue. Is there a way round this ?

rsot 06-19-2014 12:43 PM

Wow - revival of old thread - what exactly are you getting as problem? With Simon CC? Address matches pp address on file?

digzz 06-19-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 561122)
Wow - revival of old thread - what exactly are you getting as problem? With Simon CC? Address matches pp address on file?

Entro pay Card verified and paypal account verified .

rsot 06-19-2014 03:13 PM

And when you put money on the EP card...you made sure that fees of EP were also covered?