eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   EIN Questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/110035-ein-questions.html)

Ouch 08-27-2017 02:02 AM

EIN Questions

I need to make an EIN for PayPal.

So should I make making a LLC, Sole Prop, or ...?

After I get the number do I need to complete some steps around my state I.E. fully setting up the LLC or other business entity? (If so and you're knowledgable on the topic could you give a quick rundown of what would be needed to be done next?)

Do any of the business entities above allow me to go over the 20K per year limit on PayPal? or should I just being leaving this current PayPal account around 16k-18k?

Thank you for all the help guys!

ddkitty 08-27-2017 04:05 PM

Re: EIN Questions

I made a sole prop EIN because I am only in business for myself and have nobody else working for me, basically I have no employees, it's just me.

I can't help much as I am a small time seller but I would think one EIN per business name. I'm not sure though.

Ouch 08-27-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddkitty (Post 868117)
I made a sole prop EIN because I am only in business for myself and have nobody else working for me, basically I have no employees, it's just me.

I can't help much as I am a small time seller but I would think one EIN per business name. I'm not sure though.

Alright this makes sense.

Did you have to do any following up with your state/ the state you registered in?

Also would you mind linking me to where you created your EIN

I went to this https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...ber-ein-online, but it's saying that the EIN service is currently down. It's been saying that all weekend for me, maybe they go down during the weekend? not too sure :/.

jakobrockz 08-27-2017 11:59 PM

You can only apply for the EIN during actual business hours. So like 8am-5pm roughly

kirkland 08-28-2017 12:28 AM

FYI, sole prop EIN is fine for one entity. But if you plan to have multiple entities all filed as sole props, just know they will all have to have the same EIN. IRS rules.

That being said, you can have any number of LLCs, INCs, etc, all with different EINs.

Ouch 08-28-2017 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 868191)
FYI, sole prop EIN is fine for one entity. But if you plan to have multiple entities all filed as sole props, just know they will all have to have the same EIN. IRS rules.

That being said, you can have any number of LLCs, INCs, etc, all with different EINs.

Hmm I think it might be better to go with an LLC in this case then.

Do you have a link on what'd I need to do after filing for the LLC and getting the EIN?

Ouch 08-28-2017 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 868191)

By the way before naming my LLC on IRS site and on Paypal to check a state's current LLC name database do I google "*Insert state name* LLC name database" or is there a site that makes this easier?

kirkland 08-28-2017 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouch (Post 868197)
Hmm I think it might be better to go with an LLC in this case then.

Do you have a link on what'd I need to do after filing for the LLC and getting the EIN?

Don't get me wrong. You can still have one sole prop with a unique EIN and then start opening your LLCs with their unique EINs... save some money, the filing fee for sole props where I live is only $25 vs the 125-200 for LLCs/INCs :)

I just meant after this sole prop, be careful which you open

kirkland 08-28-2017 01:53 AM

Re: the other question, each state's DOS website should have a database you can search to see if the name has already been chosen. You don't need to spent too much time on this. "Ouch2017 LLC" would probably be just fine

Google would prob be a poor source to rely on solely as it frequently misses a lot of companies. But you should try there after, too