PayPal reporting issue/bug - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default PayPal reporting issue/bug

Hi friends,

PayPal’s tax reporting has a big issue.

I used an ein for reporting purpose but now I went back into the account to update the ein but the Ssn was shown as being used for reporting and even after I select ein for reporting purposes the ssn box is highlighted and display as used for reporting when I got back and update the ein to verify.

Old 11-14-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal reporting issue/bug

Try using the EIN number in the SSN field and see if that accepted it.

Did you btw go over the $20k treshold?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
nyc (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Try using the EIN number in the SSN field and see if that accepted it.

Did you btw go over the $20k treshold?
Hi SaiJin,

Thank you for your quick response.

These are business accounts, I have not tried that method which you mentioned.

So before PayPal would give you an option on which tax id number you would like to use for reporting. But now they only way to see which number is being used for reporting is by changing your ein which will then lead you to the reporting page. Once it takes me to the reporting I select my ein and click save and return to profile.

What I believe could be causing this bug is that when I re enter my ein the ssn is getting picked by default. So hopefully that is the case.

I passed twenty on two PayPal’s.
Old 11-14-2017
Super Moderator

That's the thing... going over the 20k and 200 can cause some complications. Thus why I never go over them or even come close to them.
Old 11-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
That's the thing... going over the 20k and 200 can cause some complications. Thus why I never go over them or even come close to them.
This makes zero sense and is outright fear mongering. This type of unsupported assumption should not be publicly posted - as you're turning off potential customers to the idea of purchasing the Stealth Book you so adamantly push. You are limiting yourself to a part-time hobby if you're scared to sell more than $20k in a year.

@nyc - Can you take a screenshot of the page you're stuck on? Haven't had this problem on any of my business accounts. All of my accounts always have the EIN on their 1099's since they are business accounts with LLC names. If PP were to put my business name + SSN it wouldn't match IRS records.

If you already have an SSN on file, I doubt they'll let you remove it. But this issue could be easily solved by putting the same tax ID (EIN) in both fields.
Old 11-14-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
This makes zero sense and is outright fear mongering. This type of unsupported assumption should not be publicly posted -

I see that a lot on here!
Old 11-14-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This makes zero sense and is outright fear mongering. This type of unsupported assumption should not be publicly posted - as you're turning off potential customers to the idea of purchasing the Stealth Book you so adamantly push. You are limiting yourself to a part-time hobby if you're scared to sell more than $20k in a year.

@nyc - Can you take a screenshot of the page you're stuck on? Haven't had this problem on any of my business accounts. All of my accounts always have the EIN on their 1099's since they are business accounts with LLC names. If PP were to put my business name + SSN it wouldn't match IRS records.

If you already have an SSN on file, I doubt they'll let you remove it. But this issue could be easily solved by putting the same tax ID (EIN) in both fields.
I will update tonight when I get off of work
Old 11-14-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:

Maybe to you it makes zero sense and your big mouth likes to spout out nonsense as well as garbage assumptions from the a lot of the threads I've seen you post.

I'm getting really sick and tired of your attitude, Phaz0rs and this is the last straw.
Old 11-14-2017

Longevity: 37%

lol....

In the few years I've been lurking on here, he comes across as one of, IF NOT THE MOST, helpful and knowledgeable members on here.

Way more so than the typical...

Random member: ebay sales are slow...what gives?
SuperModerator: have you read the steeaalth boook??

Last edited by ebaystealth1974; 11-14-2017 at 11:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
iceman420 (11-18-2017)
Old 11-14-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
lol....

In the few years I've been lurking on here, he comes across as one of, IF NOT THE MOST, helpful and knowledgeable members on here.

Way more so than the typical...

Random member: ebay sales are slow...what gives?
SuperModerator: have you read the steeaalth boook??

Disagreeing with comments is perfectly fine, however being rude with an attitude while not knowing what people are thinking is a whole different story. There's always better ways than point and assume.

And it's great that he has a fan backing him up, even though the comment made above sounds a little ignorant and condescending.

Now that this is out of the way, let's focus on the OP's issue and not clutter the thread. If you have more to say, you can say it straight to my PM, so you don't have to edit my name out.
Old 11-14-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

If you were to verify which number is being used for tax reporting as of today, how would you do it?
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

@ phaz0rz I found your post always helpful
Specially against those who just push to buy ebook