Paypal Send Money (Working??) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-15-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Send a message via Skype™ to RappaJoy
Default Paypal Send Money (Working??)

Greetings,

After my initial Introduction thread was deemed too long with not much help. I guess I will keep it short in this one.

Is Paypal having some issues with the option of sending money/buying/spending or is it just me?

A little help from fellow members in here would be great. I have more than enough funds available in my balance. But I can't seem to buy a 2$ thing

Regards.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Paypal Send Money (Working??)

There is nothing wrong with the "send money" feature. Paypal reads this forum and has been continually updating their security systems to make it harder for stealth account operators to cash out accounts by any other way than withdrawing funds. There have been dozens on threads in the past month or so from users having exactly this problem on new-ish accounts.

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice for getting around this obstacle but I can say for certain there's nothing wrong with Paypal's money transfer system.
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Well thank you for the very fast reply.

So basically, everyone who is doing business in the marketplace here in aspkin: selling Ebay and Paypal accounts are scammers?

Because if you end up buying an 150$+ account and you do business with it. You can't withdraw that money, not even use it or spend it or send it anywhere else even though that fund is marked as available in your balance.
Old 11-15-2017

Longevity: 42%

phaz0rz, I am not trying to hijack this thread, but you bring up an interesting point, because this seems to be the case with the "Quick Security Check". People are able to withdraw to a bank account or so it seems, but not send payment, make payments for eBay items, ect. Is there a reason that you think PayPal would prefer you to withdraw to a bank account rather than let you send payments? My Assumption would be if they are aware of stealth accounts, does forcing you to withdraw to a bank account clear the money so they are not responsible for purchases you make which with a stealth account can make things more difficult?
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappaJoy View Post
Well thank you for the very fast reply.

So basically, everyone who is doing business in the marketplace here in aspkin: selling Ebay and Paypal accounts are scammers?

Because if you end up buying an 150$+ account and you do business with it. You can't withdraw that money, not even use it or spend it or send it anywhere else even though that fund is marked as available in your balance.
Generally if you buy a USA account and attach your USA bank account (which is how all of the sellers universally recommend transferring funds out of PP accounts) you don't have any problems withdrawing money. Cashing out accounts by transferring/buying/sending has always been problematic and has never been recommended. That's why people always stress that you should have a working withdrawal method in place before moving forward with any account purchase.

@mark - In my opinion it has more to do with people using stealth accounts to scam customers and then running off with the money, leaving Paypal to take the loss since the seller never gave any banking info. If something looks even remotely suspicious about an account Paypal seems to be making it harder to do anything.
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Sorry for the Q. but the things you said just made me think about a few things.

So if someone was operating multiple Stealth accounts, how would they withdraw to their Actual bank account. Wouldn't it trigger Paypal?
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

So if someone was operating multiple Stealth accounts, how would they withdraw to their Actual bank account. Wouldn't it trigger Paypal?
You would need one bank account per pp in those cases for withdrawal - so 5 pp accounts....5 separate bank accounts.
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You would need one bank account per pp in those cases for withdrawal - so 5 pp accounts....5 separate bank accounts.
I see, thank you.
Old 11-15-2017

That seems strange. Not that PayPal could stop you from getting items that you pay for, but it would seem that transferring funds out of your account into a bank account would be a quick way to take advantage of buyers and getting there cash before PayPal can really do anything about it. Once you get past the 21 day holds, it would seem that doing transfers could quickly run up a lot of cash to your account and a lot that PayPal can be held responsible for? Not to mention the fact that in my case, I purchase more inventory on eBay primarily for my sales, so there is a real reason to be able to use my PayPal funds for backing my business practices.
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

@Mark - You would never see this type of error on a real account made with real information. If Paypal notices something suspicious about an account during registration or during the first few months of sales, the account is silently flagged and loses it's ability to do a lot of things. Like sending money.

Paypal can reverse every ACH withdrawal you've ever done from your account if they feel you've done something shady enough for it to be necessary. This has been brought up a few times on the forum and I've seen screenshots posted as examples. The reversals will process even if you've already taken the money out of your bank account - and you end up with a massive overdraft on your bank account. There was a guy on here a month or two ago who was using a "middleman" PP account to cash out something fraudulent for another dude. He came on here complaining because Paypal limited his account and reversed literally every payment he'd ever sent or received.

Long story short, your money isn't guaranteed safe just because it's made it to your bank account. Paypal can reverse the ACH if they want/need to, regardless of how long ago it was done. Paypal accounts are made stronger by adding a bank account because it gives Paypal another way to recover funds from you should things ever go south.
Old 11-15-2017

Phax0rz, that makes sense, and that would explain to some degree why they would not have an issue with the transfers then. My one question to your response would be, if you do not leave PayPal holding the bag, as in you do not skip out on any payments that leave your PayPal account negative, can they still withdraw every deposit they ever made via ACH, or would only be interested in recovering the amount you are negative? I understand that we are living in a "Stealth World", but it also does not make sense that if in the course of a year you have transferred say 12k, and you end up skipping out on the account for $500 that they could reverse all those ACH's. I get that a stealth account is an Alias of sort, but it is not necessarily PayPals money to be had either? I have also seen new discussion about the 180 day hold, then you have to prove who you are to get the funds after 180 days, it does not seem right that those funds would not be recoverable if you have not performed identity theft, and are operating under just an Alias, with no SSN or TIN applied?
Old 11-15-2017

after my pp either goes to ****, or gets limited for ****, if i had already withdrawn, i just close the bank account
Old 11-15-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

Paypal can reverse every ACH withdrawal you've ever done from your account if they feel you've done something shady enough for it to be necessary.
I guess keeping a low account balance combined with disallowing overdraft would prevent that, but I'm sure it very seldom happens anyway.

Acquiring a ZBA (Zero Balance Account), that only allows external deposits and internal transfers, would be a good way to prevent it.
Old 11-15-2017

Longevity: 54%

OP is such a noob
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Well thank you for the very fast reply

So basically, everyone who is doing business in the marketplace here in aspkin: selling Ebay and Paypal accounts are scammers
You have some sort of attitude. In another post, you were showing a gimme gimme attitude. You have no right to make comments people unknown to you are scammers. Try to stop this or users will not bother to reply.

Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

There is a chance of linking if you withdraw to your actual bank account.

Linking must be avoided.

Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

I am sorry that I come of as someone having an attitude whereas I am nothing like that. I was triggered because one of the guy in my other thread, said that he didn't have the time to read through my whole thing and asked me to try and keep it simple (Which I did with this thread). Of course he had the decency and friendliness to help me further, so I thank him for helping me out.

I just felt angry and upset because if I don't explain the problem I am facing in details. How could anyone help me or guide me down the right path. It's not like they would understand the whole situation just by reading from a single paragraph.

But I apologize to everyone. And to that one guy calling me a noob, yes I am a noob. So you are going to insult me just because I don't know something? Please refrain from replying in this thread, if you don't have anything helpful to contrinbute - @imlmfao I may be a noob but at least I am trying to understand how the whole Paypal Stealth thing works.

Last edited by RappaJoy; 11-16-2017 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKW View Post
Phax0rz, that makes sense, and that would explain to some degree why they would not have an issue with the transfers then. My one question to your response would be, if you do not leave PayPal holding the bag, as in you do not skip out on any payments that leave your PayPal account negative, can they still withdraw every deposit they ever made via ACH, or would only be interested in recovering the amount you are negative? I understand that we are living in a "Stealth World", but it also does not make sense that if in the course of a year you have transferred say 12k, and you end up skipping out on the account for $500 that they could reverse all those ACH's. I get that a stealth account is an Alias of sort, but it is not necessarily PayPals money to be had either? I have also seen new discussion about the 180 day hold, then you have to prove who you are to get the funds after 180 days, it does not seem right that those funds would not be recoverable if you have not performed identity theft, and are operating under just an Alias, with no SSN or TIN applied?
Someone find the thread for me. The guy who got ALL of his ACH's reversed was involved with straight-up fraud - cashing out stolen funds for another user and then getting a cut of the proceeds. I'm assuming that's why PP reversed everything. Because the account was never used for anything legitimate. Chances are they would only go after the $500 in your example .

I'm sure it's all covered in Paypal's terms of service. They have a team of lawyers making sure everything stays legal. I would guess somewhere in the terms it implies "if you ever get your account limited we may ask you to prove your identity - and we won't give you your money if you can't".

I wouldn't do anything differently if I were running a massive payment processing company. They're just trying to curb fraud. If Paypal fraud were to get out of hand the US gov't would step in and make things impossible for all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

@phar0rz, you might find the thread is deleted. Do you recall the time frame?

Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

It was roughly 2 months ago I believe. I tried finding my response to the thread just now, but my history only goes back 200 posts. It would make sense that the thread was deleted considering what the guy was doing and wanted to continue doing.

Here's a thread where gogetter had the same issue (except with 5 ACH's rather than all of them). Still shows how much control Paypal has even after funds are deposited in a bank account.

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...-reversal.html
Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Another thread....

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscr...-keep-36k.html

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
The guy who got ALL of his ACH's reversed was involved with straight-up fraud - cashing out stolen funds for another user and then getting a cut of the proceeds.
All effing scammers must effing hang - Full Metal Jacket