eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Canada PayPal is better than US PayPal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/112388-canada-paypal-better-than-us-paypal.html)

JamesLee 11-20-2017 12:28 PM

Canada PayPal is better than US PayPal

Recently my 2 US stealth PayPal got suspended because Tax ID does not match Name.
I am wondering if we could make Canada PayPal so that we could pass tax issues.
I will link US bank to withdraw. I still US IP.
Who did this before, could you share some exprience.

Thanks

phaz0rz 11-20-2017 12:49 PM

Re: Canada PayPal is better than US PayPal

Tax fraud is a bad idea. If you do move forward with this plan you should still be reporting your income.

Aside from that, it's kind of difficult for us in the US to use Canadian accounts. I've never actually been able to add a US bank account even though you're supposed to be able to, and I sell on 3 CA accounts. I run all of my CA accounts from CA IP's. I wouldn't recommend using a US IP for CA accounts.

Your idea is feasible - just make sure you're able to add your US bank account before you start receiving large amounts of payments. Also, report your income and pay taxes regardless of what platform you sell on.

JamesLee 11-20-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 885845)
Tax fraud is a bad idea. If you do move forward with this plan you should still be reporting your income.

Aside from that, it's kind of difficult for us in the US to use Canadian accounts. I've never actually been able to add a US bank account even though you're supposed to be able to, and I sell on 3 CA accounts. I run all of my CA accounts from CA IP's. I wouldn't recommend using a US IP for CA accounts.

Your idea is feasible - just make sure you're able to add your US bank account before you start receiving large amounts of payments. Also, report your income and pay taxes regardless of what platform you sell on.

Yea I have to report all income I receive since I am using US bank account.
The bank and IP is my concerns. I want to try if it will pass.
Thanks for your sharing

WEI 11-20-2017 07:49 PM

Are they not strict with regards to the threshold of 200/20,000$ or just the same?

WEI 11-20-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesLee (Post 885913)
Yea I have to report all income I receive since I am using US bank account.
The bank and IP is my concerns. I want to try if it will pass.
Thanks for your sharing

As far as i know, they're not really strict with regards to the IP. I have US paypals running good with other IPs, but make sure to maintain those IP in your account.

rsot 11-20-2017 09:52 PM

Back pre-2012, US bank accounts would attach fine with Canada PP. About that time, there was a change and people were stating that they had to call into PP to attach the US bank account to Canada PP. Last time I called to attach a US bank account to a Canada PP of mine was in 2013. Since that time, I keep US bank accounts for pp.com accounts.

Might be worth a shot of your time OP to try the call-in method and educate the forum. Make sure to operate with Canadian IP which isn't hard to get.

The rest of phaz's advice about income and taxing rings true..

JamesLee 11-23-2017 05:21 PM

I just create Canada PP and ebay with US IP.No bank is linked. I will keep one week and see if it would survive. then link US bank and sell on eBay.
So far no problem. I will report on this thread.

WEI 11-23-2017 11:10 PM

Keep us posted, would like also to know how it goes on your end.

Calistus 11-26-2017 07:53 PM

I currently have canada paypal account but not able to link my USA VBA to it.
Am afraid to call them to add manuel because am not using canada IP to login.

epimetheus039 11-26-2017 08:16 PM

Well, you can avoid tax request however you still should pay taxes if you are in Canada. Yes, adding US banks still work, just gotta call them.

I always have some for sale.

phaz0rz 11-27-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEI (Post 885934)
Are they not strict with regards to the threshold of 200/20,000$ or just the same?

This law doesn't exist in Canada. It's a US thing.

epimetheus is a good seller if anyone was wondering.