eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Scenarios when PP does not let you withdraw after 180d? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/112908-scenarios-when-pp-does-not-let-you-withdraw-after-180d.html)

kirkland 12-13-2017 04:31 AM

Scenarios when PP does not let you withdraw after 180d?

So I have a PP account that made a considerable amount of sales during Black Friday/Cyber Monday week, and it was recently limited by PP. It was one of those limitations where they let me continue to sell, but don't let me withdraw, and say that if I don't submit docs within 6 weeks (including SSN, even though I have a business account), I'll get a total limitation.

I may try to send in documentation, but I don't have a whole lot of confidence in PP and am debating how to proceed. E.g. should I fulfill the orders and wait for payday in 6 months, or just refund all the orders in case PP decides to be their usual criminal self in 6 months.

My question: anyone had any issues withdrawing after 180d? I've heard horror stories when the seller had not already linked a bank account. Luckily, I've already linked the account, but it is with mismatching names, and I've heard some cases where this caused issues too

The bottom line: what kind of potential issues lay down the road 6 months from now when it comes time to withdraw? I saw a story on this forum where some seller had issues withdrawing 50k, and that's not a risk I want to expose myself to (total amount is 5-7k, fwiw)

kirkland 12-13-2017 04:36 AM

Re: Scenarios when PP does not let you withdraw after 180d?

Specifically, I am referring to US Paypal. Are most of the post 180 day horror stories non-US based?

If all else fails, would I be able to add a new address and request the check be send there? Just thinking ahead for these disaster scenarios.

GreenBean 12-13-2017 07:15 AM

Why not offer an EIN in lieu of the SSN?

Be wary of adding a new address, it may trip a request for docs.

Both UK & USA have given much grief.

Try to leave that bank account attached.That should help down the line.

Go into any discussions with the pic that you are not looking to get permanently limited. But rather, you are anxious to get back to selling ‘cos you love PayPal.

:juggle:

:juggle:

iceman420 12-13-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 889878)
Specifically, I am referring to US Paypal. Are most of the post 180 day horror stories non-US based?

If all else fails, would I be able to add a new address and request the check be send there? Just thinking ahead for these disaster scenarios.

I was not able to add any address after 180 days for check technique, but I was able to add bank after 180 days and with draw no problem on about 20 accounts

phaz0rz 12-13-2017 12:42 PM

As long as you had the bank added prior to the limitation I don't think you'll have any problems after the 180 days. Both of the PP's I've had perma-limited in my selling career already had banks attached and were able to withdraw as usual after the 180 days were up. 90% of the limitation/withdraw horror stores I read here are from users who got their PP limited with no bank account attached - who then have a very difficult time trying to add one after 6 months of being limited.

Since you can't add new cards you can't add a new address. This shouldn't be an issue for you though since you already have a bank account attached.

phaz0rz 12-13-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 889894)
Why not offer an EIN in lieu of the SSN?

Unfortunately that doesn't work in this scenario. If your account is already partially limited and PP is asking for proof of SSN, that means someone will be manually reviewing your submissions. Thus giving the same # for EIN & SSN will not work. I tried last year and they closed my account within 5 minutes. :noidea:

GreenBean 12-13-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 889961)
Unfortunately that doesn't work in this scenario. If your account is already partially limited and PP is asking for proof of SSN, that means someone will be manually reviewing your submissions. Thus giving the same # for EIN & SSN will not work. I tried last year and they closed my account within 5 minutes. :noidea:

Hmmm...I got lucky twice then.

We need to be careful about reminding sellers what can and can not be done with limited accounts.

:surrender:

kirkland 12-14-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 889996)
Hmmm...I got lucky twice then.

We need to be careful about reminding sellers what can and can not be done with limited accounts.

:surrender:

Yes, it does seem that there's a certain degree of luck involved in terms of who you get on the other line to help you with your limitation.

My concern is mostly whether it's worth to fulfill the order I got during black Friday, or if I should just refund them all. It's a solid 15k of profit we're talking here that could be fulfiled within a handful of days of hard work. But, as I've said (and I've actually seen many posts by you yourself on the forum, GreenBean), my fear is that I'll go out of my way to fulfil these orders, spend 3-4k doing so, and that PP will just play coy and refuse to allow me to withdraw even after 180 days. I.e. that the "Documentation" thing will just be something that they won't let me get across.

When I dig around the forum, it does seem like the majority of withdrawal issues are related to sellers needing to add a bank after 180 days to withdraw their money, and needing to provide documentation to confirm identity to do so. My bank is already linked, but I can't help but fear that they're gonna try to flex on me and keep my funds.

I will probably do some more research these next few days and spreadsheet all the horror stories to see if there are any patterns, and weigh the risk/reward of fulfilling vs refunding.