sadface (21 day hold) - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-16-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
^^^Good idea to have the tracking number & a little note for the buyer.
That sure encourages them to give FB quickly. That in turn shows paypal you are OK & the holds start to become less frequent.
On the matter of drop-shipping, you should try to have enough funds at hand. With the horror stories of drop shipping & delays, it is a sure way to get in trouble.
Thanks GB! I know what you mean about the potential problems inherent in dropshipping. I am really concerned about fraudulent chargebacks and "Item Not as Described" disputes from shyster buyers. I'm SOL if that happens.

Also because most of my items are oversized, they always ship LTL-freight. It makes protecting myself with an online tracking# really problematic because most LTL-freight carriers don't even offer it - hence the thank you note idea.

On a sidenote, UPS Freight and Fed Ex Freight do offer online tracking but they are the most expensive LTL shippers and I can't use them and remain competitive.

*Big sigh*
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-17-2009

Longevity: 87%

Some peoples say only hold if more than $100. Can't believe they still hold you for $5.
Old 06-17-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

I had some held for $0.99 on a new one I'm running. Then they let one for $15 go through without a hold. go figure.
Old 06-23-2009

Longevity: 91%

Hi
i would like to share what i have noticed
1.Feedback score ( less holds after 20 feedbacks or so)
2.Category in which item has been listed(i have noticed no hold for audio books section after 20 feedbacks)
3.age of the ebay and paypal account.
There are more offcourse!!!!!!!!!
i just wanted to share with all of you guyz what i have learnt. May be this will help!!!!
Thanks!
Regards!
Old 06-28-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Okay, so it has been a week since the Buyer left positive feedback on this item and Paypal has still not released the hold. What is the deal?

I read that Paypal will release funds 24 hours after receiving positive feedback.

What's the deally-o?
Old 06-28-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

send paypal a message. they'll release. it. treat it like you would a completely legit account that you want your money on.
Old 06-28-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusgrafx View Post
send paypal a message. they'll release. it. treat it like you would a completely legit account that you want your money on.
Check your PMs plz.
Old 07-05-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

It's not always 24 hours. If their server is busy, it can be up to 3 days after FB received or packaged tracked delivered. Also, don't count weekends and holidays. Worst case scenario due to package delivered on a Saturday then tracking hit delivery computer Monday, then server overload until Thurs (almost got your funds...) Buyer leaves +fb which starts the counter all over again and you finally get your money 10 days after the tracking said it got there. PP lies so bad and even they haven't figured this problem. If I emailed this explanation, they STILL wouldn't get it. So, you want the +FB or the tracking to release your funds before the other part happens. Or you want the +fb and the tracking to happen the same day.

They have the worst system set up for this.
Old 07-06-2009

Longevity: 96%

I recently set up a new ebay account and was unable to use my Simoncard as my user fees payment method. So I used and old Paypal account that I had recently added my Bank account to. Sold a few things in ebay motors and required a deposit ($125)through Paypal to cover the listing expenses. No problem, no hold on it. Then I sold a bunch of other smaller items at $25-$50 and holds were put on most of them.
The holds went on everything paid through ebay checkout, but one was sent as a money request and there was no hold placed on it.
I then bought something last night for $10 and paid right away and an hour later got the suspension notice because it was linked (I'm sure through Paypal) to a previously banned account.
Now off to set up another account.
Old 07-08-2009

Longevity: 85%

So its better to send request money then let buyers complete checkout ? And what should I do (since i am from small country) when people pick things up in person ?
Old 07-08-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmajns View Post
So its better to send request money then let buyers complete checkout ?
Yes, there is nothing in the eBay Terms of Service that states invoices have to originate from eBay. A PayPal [goods] money request will successfully bypass any hold. The frustrating part is getting Buyers to wait for your money request before paying and also obtaining the Buyers PayPay address itself. Most people are conditioned to use the eBay Checkout system and will do so even if you ask for them to pay through the money request.

Quote:
And what should I do (since i am from small country) when people pick things up in person ?
I've read that it's risky for Sellers to accept PayPal as a method of payment for pick ups because a dishonest Buyer can make a PayPal dispute and deny receiving the item -- even though they picked it up in person!!

This is problematic because the Seller will not have tracking information to provide to PayPal as proof of delivery since it was a pick up. In this situation, you may want to allow the pick up, and also send a "thank you card" to your Buyer with delivery confirmation, which could later be used as evidence if the Buyer attempts to defraud you. Alternatively, all of this can be avoided if the Buyer is willing to pay with cash at pick up time.

I currently have over $500USD on hold and I have drafted thank you letters and plan to head down to the post office tomorrow. My concern about using the "Thank You Card Tracking" method is that PayPal's system will automatically share the tracking info with eBay, and in turn, eBay will automatically alert the Buyer that the item has shipped and provide the Buyer with the tracking number. If this is the case, the Buyer is sure to be disappointed and may become concerned when they receive a thank you card instead of the item itself.

Good luck.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 88%

This hold is a laugh. On one of my new accounts, created 7/14, I have holds for $2.24, something easy I can print up and send out the same day. I dropship, so I don't sell those until the holds stop. I have some of the dropshipped items on hand for the holiday season when the company is too busy to get orders out quick. I listed a few - $9.99 + $1.99 shipping - no hold. Right now, my feedback is 9. The second, created 7/25, same concept. 2 sales - $2.24 each - no hold.

To say the least, the only thing we can expect from Paypal is not to expect ANYTHING!
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 85%

I have got around this by requesting direct payment for "services" when the item was quite expensive to ship. Holds suck - I wouldn't mind if they only held the "item portion" of the payment and allowed sellers access to what the shipping fees were. But I guess that would make too much sense and cut into the interest the get daily on us suckers!!