eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal account shut down, can I still use eBay account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/115617-paypal-account-shut-down-can-i-still-use-ebay-account.html)

charger5445 02-27-2018 03:01 AM

PayPal account shut down, can I still use eBay account?

My PayPal account was just banned. They are holding my funds for 180 days. The eBay account attached to it is still in good standing. The problem is that I just signed up for an anchor store subscription an I don't want to stop using this eBay account. Under different circumstances, I would probably just use a new pair of eBay/PP accounts.

My question is this: is there a way to attach a new PayPal account to this eBay account? Any advice here would be helpful.

soulkey 02-28-2018 01:26 AM

Re: PayPal account shut down, can I still use eBay account?

Sorry to hear that.
It's very high risk to do that. Eventually eBay will be suspended.
I read somewhere on the forum that somebody had their PayPal suspended but eBay was still in good condition. What they did was attach a new PayPal to their old eBay by changing their IP. It's still going well as of today but we don't know when they will catch on.

The thing is, your old PayPal is already LINKED to your eBay account. So making a new PayPal and attaching it will LINK that too. Then eventually end up in flames. Your best bet is to start fresh and clean from stealth. Better continue selling from the ground up with confidence, rather than anxiously worrying about suspension.

GreenBean 02-28-2018 02:22 AM

Can you get a merchant account?

Have a think.

Link an account is the clue.

:juggle:

rsot 02-28-2018 07:02 AM

Merchant account is a good idea OP - you would need additional documentation or so.

Forget trying to attach a new PP to the eB....it may work for a while but you never know when the link with the old PP can kick in and cause you headache.

Kajunrook 03-01-2018 05:25 PM

I am testing this, I lost three paypal accts and have attached a new paypal to one of the ebay active accts. So far it has been 3 weeks and I have sold 5 items with no issues. The other ebay acct I have will come off of a 30 day suspension on the 3rd and I will slowly post to that acct. Will not post any of the items that got me suspended. Time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulkey (Post 904070)
Sorry to hear that.
It's very high risk to do that. Eventually eBay will be suspended.
I read somewhere on the forum that somebody had their PayPal suspended but eBay was still in good condition. What they did was attach a new PayPal to their old eBay by changing their IP. It's still going well as of today but we don't know when they will catch on.

The thing is, your old PayPal is already LINKED to your eBay account. So making a new PayPal and attaching it will LINK that too. Then eventually end up in flames. Your best bet is to start fresh and clean from stealth. Better continue selling from the ground up with confidence, rather than anxiously worrying about suspension.

SaiJin 03-01-2018 05:35 PM

It'll be interesting to see from your end.

But I operate differently. I prioritize peace of mind and long term goals.
So dealing with an account that's already half crippled is not an option for me.

Kajunrook 03-01-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 904459)
It'll be interesting to see from your end.

But I operate differently. I prioritize peace of mind and long term goals.
So dealing with an account that's already half crippled is not an option for me.

Just hated to waste a 500/50000 acct ive had for 4 years, will keep a minimum amount in paypal and transfer to bank often.

dallis 03-02-2018 05:20 PM

Use a prepaid card to pay your store subscription, but I've got to say that no PP means your sales are going to drop about 95%.

Linking a new PP will work for a little while, but they'll get around to suspending it eventually and you'll probably lose any money in for for at least 180 days and maybe forever.