eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   New Paypal US update (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/116888-new-paypal-us-update.html)

xCurry 04-20-2018 09:14 PM

New Paypal US update

Hi I've got a few questions about the new paypal update. The one I'm referring to is this: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...-policies-full

So it says "If we have not verified your identifying information, a balance in your PayPal account can generally only be held in your PayPal account and transferred to a linked bank account or debit card."

So my understanding is that a verified paypal is one that has a bank account attached to it. This however is saying that if it is unverified, you can only transfer to a linked bank acc/debit card. Is this implying that an account with a linked bank account is no longer "verified"? How exactly can you verify the account? ID, SSN, etc?

Thanks in advance.

slokor 04-21-2018 12:17 AM

Re: New Paypal US update

That's what we are all waiting to find out.
This new ToS came into effect on April 19th and so far people have reported that theyre still able to send payments. Doesn't sound like anything has changes - yet.
I'm starting to think that this is just a play by paypal to cover their asses in case a class action law suit against them due to many people not being able to send payments from their accounts due to various bugs or excessive security due to lack of trust in the accounts sending the payments.
Time will tell if this is the case.

yankee 04-21-2018 09:12 AM

so far only a very few changes that may not be related to the TOS update at all. On the 19th I had text requests to confirm the payments sent and accounts that received payments unrelated to ebay was prompted with new invoice option but that may not even be related seeing as it was on business accounts.

donkeykong2012 04-21-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 915929)
This new ToS came into effect on April 19th and so far people have reported that theyre still able to send payments. Doesn't sound like anything has changes - yet.
I'm starting to think that this is just a play by paypal to cover their asses in case a class action law suit against them due to many people not being able to send payments from their accounts due to various bugs or excessive security due to lack of trust in the accounts sending the payments.

That is precisely what I thought.

xCurry 04-22-2018 12:56 AM

Will buying stealth accounts save me if they do happen to implement what they said they would?

stealthbro 04-22-2018 01:11 AM

Some accounts have issues cant send payments but in general just 10% and i know some tricks to bypass that crap.

rsot 04-22-2018 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCurry (Post 916093)
Will buying stealth accounts save me if they do happen to implement what they said they would?

Nothing is 100% in the world of PP - can only try and see if it works fine - for most ppl, stealth is the way to go but you have to operate via stealth method too

austyn12x 04-22-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 915929)

Now that i think about it your right. They always freaked out when i said i was going to sue.