Can You Have 2 PayPal Accounts Under The Same Details - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-29-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Can You Have 2 PayPal Accounts Under The Same Details

So my question is can you open 2 PayPal accounts under the same details?

I've read online that you are allowed to have one personal account and one business account per person, and I am currently running a business eBay and business PayPal account with my friend under all his details and using his WiFi.

He has never had an eBay or PayPal account banned, but I have. This is why all the details for both the eBay and PayPal accounts are under his name and we only ever run and log into the accounts when we are at his house using his wifi as no suspended accounts have ever been linked with his wifi.

We are looking to expand our eBay selling however to stay under the radar we are trying to keep our sales for our PayPal account as low as possible whilst still making comfortable profit.

If we were to open a new business eBay and a new personal PayPal account using exactly the same details as our other two accounts, would we be able to sell comfortably without any issues on this eBay and link it to the new personal PayPal accounts?

Also what is the difference between selling on a personal and business PayPal account? Are you able to sell without any issues on a personal PayPal account?

Finally, will we be able open a new personal PayPal account using the same details and use this new PayPal account to receive payments from our new eBay store?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: Can You Have 2 PayPal Accounts Under The Same Details

You put your new account at risk by doing that. It's better to create an entirely new eBay/PayPal account. Some details can't be the same on accounts, for example bank account, PayPal won't allow you to add the same bank account for multiple accounts. Creating a new account would like accounts together.. if something happens to one, it will happen to the other.

It's better to create an entirely separated account.
Old 04-30-2018
Threadstarter  

I understand there is always this risk as I do know if one thing happened to one of the accounts, then that would mean pretty much an instant link to the other PayPal/eBay.

The only thing is me and my friend have been following the stealth guide perfectly and we are now in our 7th month of selling and everything seems to be going fine, we've had no trouble whatsoever, 100% positive feedback over 600+ reviews, we're doing our best to keep sales low (this is to avoid raising any flags with PP) whilst still making comfortable profit on the account, so maybe its a risk worth taking because all we will do is exactly what we've done to this account to get it up and running... the final outcome will hopefully be though that we are now bringing in double the amount of profit as we have income coming in from 2 sources now?

I suppose the thing I really want to know is both PayPal and eBay do allow you to create more than 1 account (PayPal you can have 2 and eBay you can have unlimited), so if you are doing nothing wrong on the account and you truly believe you will run into no problems with eBay or PayPal then why not open a second account and use the same details to start building up your second account? YES, if something does go wrong then that will be s*** and you will lose both the accounts but i suppose in business you do have to take risks, and if all goes to plan we will both be making double the profit we are now which would be fantastic...

There's also the point that all stealth accounts are at risk of being suspended. So yeah, if I do go ahead and create new accounts using the same details then there will always be that risk of easy linkage between the 2, however how I see it is this second account is going to take no time, money or effort at all to build up and so if it did get shut down is it really a loss? I can easily open a new ebay and stealth account and start working on that...

I'm struggling to get my thoughts across as my mind is going 1000000x faster than usual this morning for some reason, but in my eyes maybe it all comes down to taking a small risk that potentially could come with a large, positive outcome if all goes to plan, and also how I see it if PP or eBay were gonna try and f*** me over and get me suspended then there is nothing I can do about it, so whether I have 1 or 2 accounts under the same name and details, they would b getting suspended anyway.

THE FINAL QUESTION, SHALL I TAKE THE RISK AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY FRIENDS CLEAN SLATE OF DETAILS AND GET A SECOND PP/EBAY ACCOUNT OPENED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You put your new account at risk by doing that. It's better to create an entirely new eBay/PayPal account. Some details can't be the same on accounts, for example bank account, PayPal won't allow you to add the same bank account for multiple accounts. Creating a new account would like accounts together.. if something happens to one, it will happen to the other.

It's better to create an entirely separated account.
Old 04-30-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

But it doesn't make sense to make a duplicate account. Not to mention you can't really use the same bank account again and the likeliness of PP flagging your account is higher.

Well, it's really up to you about your friend's account... just know that if you do mess it up... it's him that's very much in the loss.
Old 04-30-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
THE FINAL QUESTION, SHALL I TAKE THE RISK AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY FRIENDS CLEAN SLATE OF DETAILS AND GET A SECOND PP/EBAY ACCOUNT OPENED?
I assumed your first question was related to a stealth account.

If this is indeed in your friend's personal details, you have less risk overall doing what you want to do.. as you can provide eBay/PayPal any details they need to lift any limitation.

If this was a stealth account I would say don't do it, not worth it.
Old 05-02-2018

Longevity: 58%

Why make one of each? What's the point ?
Old 05-03-2018
Threadstarter  

To me its a stealth account in a sense as I've had pp's banned before and so everything I do I have to follow the stealth protocol, however to him it isn't because it is an account under his name and address using all official details and documents and he has never had any sort of account limited before.

In terms of why we're both doing this, we want to spread the profit of what we make and what is coming in through PayPal over 2 accounts. So instead of having one big account that is bringing in all the profit, we have 2 smaller accounts which in my eyes makes it less likely to get flagged by PayPal and for them to start sniffing around

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I assumed your first question was related to a stealth account.

If this is indeed in your friend's personal details, you have less risk overall doing what you want to do.. as you can provide eBay/PayPal any details they need to lift any limitation.

If this was a stealth account I would say don't do it, not worth it.