eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal dispute (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118102-paypal-dispute.html)

retrodi 06-17-2018 02:15 PM

Paypal dispute

Try and keep this brief.

My mate who fixes up cars got chatting to a dude on Facebook in 2015, he added them and they chatted frequently for months! This dude had a car part to help my friend out and my mate paid him £500 via Paypal. The item arrived, tracked and my mate signed for it. He wrote down the address of this person for personal record. Months passed and this guy had another part, he was looking for 1k. However, he asked my mate to send the funds as F&F, I know alarm bells. My mate thinking nothing of it cause the original shipment came safely sent the funds this way, weeks passed and no packaged received, my mate emailed them and days later this dude said he was in hospital. My mate feeling bad didn't push the matter then months passed, before we knew it it got to early 2016 and nothing arrived, my friend messaged on FB and said he would report the matter to the Police, next thing he gets a tracking number and then blocked off FB! But the tracking was inactive, it said it was sent from somewhere not near where the first package came from. My mate reported this to action fraud who were useless.

We found out later on that the FB account was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ , name , pictures etc as we used a search on the photos and found they belong to someone from America. Then last week we checked on FB and used the Paypal email and found this dude, the name was the same as Paypal and the location was the same bingo. Not sure how to pursue this now.

This happened in 2015 so 3 years ago now, do we have any case so many years on? The FB account details were all ⊗⊗⊗⊗, the dude never gave my mate any contact details no mobile nothing. The address was from this individuals location but not his actual address.. This was a lot of money to lose. Can we do anything now realistically? Or is this a civil matter.

JamesNorth101 06-17-2018 02:19 PM

Re: Paypal dispute

Not much you can do by the sounds of it

If you can find their real details then small claims court is your only option

SaiJin 06-18-2018 03:13 PM

3 years that's really past the effective date. Filing a dispute you only have 60 days I believe.

And this is something that you need to take to the police. Maybe there are other victims and if this guy is big enough most likely the police is looking for him

iamvirgin 06-30-2018 07:19 AM

ooen a dispute in paypal and provide all the details