eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Suspended Paypal + can not access my account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118167-suspended-paypal-can-not-access-my-account.html)

someperson1 06-20-2018 02:12 PM

Suspended Paypal + can not access my account

Hello members,
This is my first post in this great forum. Your input is highly appreciated.

Problem:
- Permanently limited US Paypal account that is still within the 180 days period (recent suspension).
- Inability to access this account after successful log in to Paypal; requiring identity proof.

Background:
- I'm a non-US resident
- Have a verified non-US Paypal account for many years used only for buying.
- Some online websites ask for US account to buy from them.
- Made a US Paypal account over a VPN, with sole purpose of buying from such websites, and successfully linked a US prepaid Visa gift card in addition to my GV number.
- Once, successfully used my US account to buy from such websites (funded by the linked US prepaid visa gift card).
- Used send money button on my non-US account to send $ 200 to my US account that went well (funded by a linked non-US prepaid Visa card)
- Could neither buy using my new US account balance nor receive more money, but no limitation up to this point.
- Tried next day to log in to my new, 3 days old US account, but was not careful enough that I entered wrong password more than once.
- Managed to log in however but faced a security check that could not pass despite using my primary verified GV number.
- I called in using my GV number and was asked for a proof of address such as a utility bill which I stated I don't have.
- They asked me about the place I was calling from and I informed them about being calling from outside the US at that moment.
- They checked my location and found that I'm logged in from the US.
- They permanently limited my account during the call and advised me to use a Paypal account in the country that I'm located.
- I received the email of the 180 days notice.
- Now can't access my limited account
- Whenever I log in I get a message about unusual activity and asking my help to secure my account with 3 options; receive a text message code, receive a call, or upload a proof of ID.
- The first 2 options have never worked using my primary linked phone number (my GV number)

Facts:
- I've been researching in this forum for many days now but unfortunately the whole thing occured before I even know about this place.
- Everything was legit
- No prohibited items transactions
- No scam
- Not interested in selling or going stealth. Only buying
- No bank accouns are linked to either of my Paypal accounts.
- I don't have a US bank account.
- Address used with US account is my US street shipping address (address forwarding company)
- Always dealt with the US account over a good reputation, paid for VPN (no dedicated IP address, and not one of those provided by this forum)
- Did not use the VPN for my non-US account
- Accounts accessed from my android phone browser
- cleaned cache and cookies before each switch between accounts and after finishing with Paypal.
- I don't mind waiting the whole 180 days but want to know my chances getting money out of this Paypal account without affecting my original account.

Questions:
- Do I need to take any actions right now or just wait?
- What are the possibilities after the 180 days period?
- Any suggestions?

THANKS,

someperson1 06-29-2018 12:38 PM

Re: Suspended Paypal + can not access my account

One thing I thought of is logging to my US account and issuing myself a refund with the amount I have there since I might not be able to withdraw in case my funds are released at the end of the 180 days (No bank account). However, I'm still faced with the security check when I log in that won't work with my original GV number.

Any ideas please?
Thanks

someperson1 06-29-2018 01:03 PM

Update:

I have successfully passed the security check with having Paypal calling my GV number.
I have also successfully issued a partial refund.

aspkin 06-29-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someperson1 (Post 928078)
Update:

I have successfully passed the security check with having Paypal calling my GV number.
I have also successfully issued a partial refund.

Perfect.

You seem like you know what you're doing (for the most part) but you made a small mistake when working with the account. It happens.

Most likely what happened was the VPN you choose wasn't that good. Or you tried accessing from a new device (no cookies intact), or you like you mentioned earlier had trouble accessing the account (wrong password).

All of these can lock your account. :(

What are your plans now?

someperson1 07-01-2018 10:35 AM

Thanks for being here Aspkin.

I plan to just observe for now. I don't plan for selling using paypal or going stealth. However, I might buy the stealth guide in honor for this forum since I got a lot of nice information during my research till I could solve my problem apparently.

I would really like to have a US Paypal account that I can fund it using my non-US account then using the balance to buy from stores that require US account. However, it seems like Paypal are not OK with that. I don't know wether the stealth guide would help non sellers with this purpose.

Thanks again!