eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Chargebacks (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118329-chargebacks.html)

shootemup321 06-26-2018 01:31 PM

Chargebacks

Today I woke up to a chargeback on my PayPal account. The buyer bought 4 things from me so I thought in my head I’m probably going to get more chargebacks from him, next thing you know an hour later I get another chargeback. These chargebacks are worth $100 total so far. I provide a service on eBay so I can not prove shipment with tracking. I haven’t had a case on this stealth account before but I have dealt with chargebacks before with legit account and fought them as hard as I could to win. In this situation with stealth seems different I don’t really want my account looked into. I know there is a high chance that if I do choose the option I’ve already shipped the product or provided the service I will probably lose and be charged a $20 chargeback fee for each item. The only other option is to issue refund to buyer and close the cases. Does anyone have any input on what I should do?

The cases I had before were for digital gift cards and I lost the cases but called PayPal after and they took away the fees and gave me half of what the item cost.

phaz0rz 06-26-2018 01:39 PM

Re: Chargebacks

What's the chargeback reason? If it's "unauthorized" I don't see any way for you to win without having a tracking number to upload.

If you're worried about PP looking into your account you should probably just accept liability and refund the buyer.

shootemup321 06-26-2018 01:45 PM

It’s unauthorized and ya all I could do is send them all the messages showing that I provided him with the service and him saying thank you but in reality doesn’t prove anything.

I think that is the option I’m going to have to choose because I’d rather not get the fees also risk PayPal looking into my account.

fabrizio81 06-27-2018 03:02 AM

Paypal never protect service or digital goods. So without tracking information you always fail. Try to find way to provide real tracking even if you do service.

mmmbop 06-27-2018 04:10 AM

Sadly, unless you have any email proof of him 'receiving' the digital goods, or sometimes him leaving feedback can work if your get a good a PP rep, you probably won't win this.

Its a worldwide frustration of PayPal. Along with the Use PayPal, collect item, put in claim didnt recieve item - one no seller ever wins.

just_smile 06-27-2018 04:28 AM

just need to bite the bullet and take the hit, sometimes that's the best thing to do as a business.

Play 06-27-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmbop (Post 927472)
Sadly, unless you have any email proof of him 'receiving' the digital goods, or sometimes him leaving feedback can work if your get a good a PP rep, you probably won't win this.

Its a worldwide frustration of PayPal. Along with the Use PayPal, collect item, put in claim didnt recieve item - one no seller ever wins.

That is a frustration even eBay/PayPal don't know how to solve. The rule of thumb is always ensure items is posted out, with tracking. Don't accept collections for PayPal payments.