eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal not accepting prepaid cards or prepaid card bank for withdraw (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118510-paypal-not-accepting-prepaid-cards-prepaid-card-bank-withdraw.html)

derlewis49 07-04-2018 07:15 PM

Paypal not accepting prepaid cards or prepaid card bank for withdraw

use to send money to my prepaid card via the instant withdraw option for 25 cents...but now they will not allow...anybody else have this problem..when you try and withdraw you will get a red box with the words...Right now, we’re not able to complete this transaction. Please try again later.

So I wrote and asked what was wrong and received this response

.here is their message......Your funds transfer attempt is not going through because the system recognized that your debit card is linked to a prepaid or virtual bank account.

Please add a traditional bank account. Your security is our priority, and nothing is more important to us than making sure your money reaches your bank account.

Therefore, prepaid bank accounts are not accepted by PayPal, because they are not considered a real bank account and do not provide customers the same level of confidence and safety that PayPal requires.

Previously, we received many complaints from customers who lost their money when using similar services. To prevent any risk of losing your money, we do not accept prepaid bank accounts.

Thank you for understanding and being part of the PayPal community.

sarah74 07-04-2018 07:32 PM

Re: Paypal not accepting prepaid cards or prepaid card bank for withdraw

I never knew US paypal let you withdraw to a prepaid card via the instant withdraw? how does that work?

derlewis49 07-04-2018 07:47 PM

I would add say, a greendot card to my account. Then when I clicked the transfer to my bank account..the card would come up under the instant transfer option. I would click the card number and then the amount to send and for 25 cents charge, it would be on the card in 15 minutes...But now they will not allow it anymore. They say their system can recognize its a prepaid card and not a debit card from say, bank of america or any other "real" bank.. so now they will not allow it. They also will not allow a bank tied to any prepaid card to be added as a bank account.

rsot 07-04-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah74 (Post 929072)
I never knew US paypal let you withdraw to a prepaid card via the instant withdraw? how does that work?

Don't rely on this system - read the OP's follow-up post "But now they will not allow it anymore. They say their system can recognize its a prepaid card and not a debit card".

Rely on real bank accounts.

AstuteGoat 07-05-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derlewis49 (Post 929076)
I would add say, a greendot card to my account. Then when I clicked the transfer to my bank account..the card would come up under the instant transfer option. I would click the card number and then the amount to send and for 25 cents charge, it would be on the card in 15 minutes...But now they will not allow it anymore. They say their system can recognize its a prepaid card and not a debit card from say, bank of america or any other "real" bank.. so now they will not allow it. They also will not allow a bank tied to any prepaid card to be added as a bank account.

wrong i added bank from cash app and can withdraw fine. just cannot transfer to prepaid card instantly it is denied

nickopedia 07-05-2018 05:13 PM

The types of cards that PP will accept for withdrawal is dynamic at best.

As rsot said above, don't rely on prepaid or reloadable debit cards; use real bank accounts with associated debit card.