eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal asking to confirm my information to use money in my balance (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118849-paypal-asking-confirm-my-information-use-money-my-balance.html)

bronwyn 07-20-2018 09:03 PM

Paypal asking to confirm my information to use money in my balance

I have $2.61 in my 6-month old stealth Paypal account. Paypal is asking to confirm my information to use money in my balance by providing last 4 digits of SS# and date of birth. I haven't opened stealth accounts for awhile so I'm not sure if this is the new norm with Paypal. Thanks!

phaz0rz 07-21-2018 10:19 AM

Re: Paypal asking to confirm my information to use money in my balance

Yes, this is the new norm for most new accounts. There was a giant thread active here a few months ago discussing the policy update this was a part of. They want you to confirm your personal information in order to spend your Paypal balance but you can still withdraw to a bank account as usual without any problems.

Beautiful 07-21-2018 12:46 PM

Does it show the paypal is limited?

I saw someone mention this the other day

dallis 07-21-2018 03:05 PM

yep, this is how it works most of the time now.

bronwyn 07-21-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 932120)
Yes, this is the new norm for most new accounts. There was a giant thread active here a few months ago discussing the policy update this was a part of. They want you to confirm your personal information in order to spend your Paypal balance but you can still withdraw to a bank account as usual without any problems.

Would you mind sending me the link to that thread? I would most appreciate it. Thanks!

phaz0rz 07-22-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 932143)
Does it show the paypal is limited?

I saw someone mention this the other day

It won't "show the Paypal limited" because the account isn't limited. This is normal for new accounts and has nothing to do with any type of account limitation.

@OP - Here's the thread : https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...ople-only.html

StealthGirl 07-22-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronwyn (Post 932229)
Would you mind sending me the link to that thread? I would most appreciate it. Thanks!

You may be talking about me

One of my stealth accounts won't allow me to spend or send money. It was created earlier this year, so I don't know if the new update caused this because I never received any payments before then. For the first few months of the account, I was building trust by making purchases via prepaid mastercard gift cards.

I never received an e-mail telling me that I was limited and there's no notification when I sign into the account. When I could use my paypal balance to make a purchase, I called paypal and was told that there was nothing wrong with my account and to wait a few days. I somehow ended up clicking on the resolution center link a few weeks after that and saw that there was a limitation on the account. It asks me to uploade my ID/Bill/SS card to confirm my identity if I want to use the funds in my balance.