eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   ?? About Paypal Business Debit (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118921-about-paypal-business-debit.html)

AwesomePeoples18 07-24-2018 10:31 AM

?? About Paypal Business Debit

So a friend of mine just recently applied for and received the PayPal business debit card (And he claims that his account is not a business account, just personal) and to his surprise one day he is using the card for gas with only 7 bucks in his actual bank account and a few dollars in his PayPal balance but was able to fill his car up with 70 bucks worth of gas! PayPal only charged his balance a $1 authorization fee. So he calls in to see what had happened and they let him know that PayPal pays the merchant directly and charges his bank account in like 4 days or something. Is this feature exclusive to the business debit card? And how can you activate this credit card like feature?

dallis 07-24-2018 03:13 PM

Re: ?? About Paypal Business Debit

He has a line of credit. When he goes over his available balance it becomes a part of a loan.

You'd have to look into it yourself to see what's required, but if you're stealth they're going to shut you down instantly when you show up as not being a real person with a real credit history.

AwesomePeoples18 07-24-2018 04:55 PM

Very Very Helpful..Thank you

Beautiful 07-24-2018 06:26 PM

All credit cards work the same way with usually a 1$ authorization charge

AwesomePeoples18 07-24-2018 06:44 PM

PayPal credit cards? because I seen the card and it was a blue card that specifically said "business debit" at the top and I just talked to him and he said that he did not open a line of credit on PayPal but he did add his ssn so did PayPal automatically open a line for him? Whatever kind of card it is would be very helpful for my business but I just need to understand the ins and outs of it first..And as we all probably know calling PayPal can be like trying to pull teeth out of grizzly's mouth at times

rsot 07-24-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePeoples18 (Post 932802)
PayPal credit cards? because I seen the card and it was a blue card that specifically said "business debit" at the top and I just talked to him and he said that he did not open a line of credit on PayPal but he did add his ssn so did PayPal automatically open a line for him? Whatever kind of card it is would be very helpful for my business but I just need to understand the ins and outs of it first..And as we all probably know calling PayPal can be like trying to pull teeth out of grizzly's mouth at times

Should not attempt this on a stealth account - dallis is right about his post

AwesomePeoples18 07-25-2018 04:28 PM

Gotchu..this was for my own account though but duly noted

Benjamins777 07-29-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePeoples18 (Post 932704)
So a friend of mine just recently applied for and received the PayPal business debit card (And he claims that his account is not a business account, just personal) and to his surprise one day he is using the card for gas with only 7 bucks in his actual bank account and a few dollars in his PayPal balance but was able to fill his car up with 70 bucks worth of gas! PayPal only charged his balance a $1 authorization fee. So he calls in to see what had happened and they let him know that PayPal pays the merchant directly and charges his bank account in like 4 days or something. Is this feature exclusive to the business debit card? And how can you activate this credit card like feature?

This actually work with any debit card, some gas stations give you the option to use your card as credit (even a for a debit card), when you use it as credit they only charge $1 dollar to check the card is valid, after 2 or 3 days the payment is processed and they charge the full amount, when you use it as debit with your pin they can actually see what's the balance on your card and limit your purchase

Benjamins777 07-29-2018 10:30 PM

Anyone knows if its possible to apply for PayPal business debit card using only EIN without providing SSN?

yankee 07-29-2018 10:48 PM

So, how this works is super simple. It is exactly the same as any other debit card. Gas station charges $1.00(most do now, not $75) you dont have enough so your account goes negative. That is all.

yankee 07-30-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamins777 (Post 933974)
Anyone knows if its possible to apply for PayPal business debit card using only EIN without providing SSN?

impossible. USA Federal Law and policy of master card/visa