eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Mismatch name for paypal tax id (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/119268-mismatch-name-paypal-tax-id.html)

jm091804 08-09-2018 09:43 AM

Mismatch name for paypal tax id

Not sure how to go about this do i need to open new ein with stealth name?
i opened with my name last time to get ein. here is the email

This is legit email right?

We’re required to submit a Form 1099-K to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) when the payments you receive through your PayPal account for goods and services exceed the applicable tax information reporting thresholds. Because the name and Tax Identification Number (TIN) we have on file doesn’t match the information on file with the IRS, we need you to update your account information.

Please follow the steps below to update this information, so we can file an accurate Form 1099-K with the IRS when necessary, and you can avoid potential account limitation in the future.

Download a U.S. IRS W-9 tax form here. Complete and sign the form.
Then, visit the Resolution Center to upload the W-9 tax form by September 15, 2018.
Important: If you don’t correct your name and tax identification mismatch, PayPal might be required to limit your account in order to comply with IRS requirements.

Helpful tips:
If you’re an individual or a sole proprietor, you’ll need to complete the W-9 with the PayPal accountholder’s legal name.
If you’re a legal entity (example - Corporation, LLC, non-profit), you’ll need to complete the W-9 with your business’s legal name.
If you have multiple PayPal accounts, you need to ensure that your name and TIN is correct for each account.
You can learn more on our Tax Information Reporting page.

Kajunrook 08-09-2018 11:30 AM

Re: Mismatch name for paypal tax id

You can open multiple EINs in your name, they just have to be LLCs

phaz0rz 08-09-2018 11:57 AM

This account is most likely going to be perma-limited. I couldn't get past the W9 request because Paypal wouldn't accept the form the way I filled it out. I don't think you'll be able to either. If I remember correctly Paypal insisted on me giving them my SSN + my EIN which is why I wasn't able to complete the form and lost that Paypal account.

You said you got your EIN using your name so you presumably got a sole proprietor EIN. That means you'll have to give them your legal First + Last name for the form to be filled out correctly and accepted by PP. You won't be able to change the registered name on the account without providing tons of paperwork, which will be impossible to provide if your account was made using a stealth name. If you can't change the registered name on the account you won't be able to make it match IRS records.

It's really important to pay attention to detail and upgrade your account to business properly.

:yar:

jm091804 08-09-2018 12:50 PM

where is the best to apply for one. and do i use my personal info right? long as its ein llc

thnaks

jm091804 08-09-2018 12:52 PM

i heard there is places for free

jm091804 08-09-2018 01:24 PM

i applied new one on irs.gov ein llc with my info the paypal application asking for ein and social so i only submitted ein of course. crossing my fingers lol

phaz0rz 08-10-2018 06:34 AM

It's not going to work.

donkeykong2012 08-10-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 936043)
You can open multiple EINs in your name, they just have to be LLCs

I am curious how this works in the USA.

Does a Business Paypal account in the USA need to be a LLC?

In other words an individual/sole prop Paypal Business Account will be insufficient for EIN purposes?

I like to keep my knowledge up to speed in this game. :spy:

DejaVoo 08-30-2018 02:07 AM

Did you go over the 200/20k mark?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm091804 (Post 936020)
Not sure how to go about this do i need to open new ein with stealth name?
i opened with my name last time to get ein. here is the email

This is legit email right?

We’re required to submit a Form 1099-K to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) when the payments you receive through your PayPal account for goods and services exceed the applicable tax information reporting thresholds. Because the name and Tax Identification Number (TIN) we have on file doesn’t match the information on file with the IRS, we need you to update your account information.

Please follow the steps below to update this information, so we can file an accurate Form 1099-K with the IRS when necessary, and you can avoid potential account limitation in the future.

Download a U.S. IRS W-9 tax form here. Complete and sign the form.
Then, visit the Resolution Center to upload the W-9 tax form by September 15, 2018.
Important: If you don’t correct your name and tax identification mismatch, PayPal might be required to limit your account in order to comply with IRS requirements.

Helpful tips:
If you’re an individual or a sole proprietor, you’ll need to complete the W-9 with the PayPal accountholder’s legal name.
If you’re a legal entity (example - Corporation, LLC, non-profit), you’ll need to complete the W-9 with your business’s legal name.
If you have multiple PayPal accounts, you need to ensure that your name and TIN is correct for each account.
You can learn more on our Tax Information Reporting page.

BaggaDonuts 08-30-2018 11:20 PM

Here's what happened.. you went over the limit and triggered a 1099-K filing. They submitted the information your account has regarding your name or your business name and SSN/EIN. That information was kicked back as not matching what the IRS has you down for (if they have you down at all).

If this is a business account, you need to give them the business name, address and EIN number that was filed with the IRS.

If this is a personal account or business account with personal EIN issued (i.e. something aside from your personal SSN) then you need to provide your name, address, and EIN that was issued when you applied for it through the IRS website.

If you do neither of these things, they can start sending letters and escalating the issue. You don't want the IRS barking up your tree if you can help it.