eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   why should PP care about eBay suspension ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/119445-why-should-pp-care-about-ebay-suspension.html)

hypothamus 08-15-2018 05:53 PM

why should PP care about eBay suspension ?

Okay, I am stirring the pot, but interested in your thoughts.

Why would / should / does PayPal care about an Ebay suspension? I mean, I am a former banking executive. I get why they care about knowing who their customers are. In fact, I think they are not doing enough. Seriously. They have a duty to understand who is moving money around in their system. No argument.

But, if I come to them, and say, "I want to attach me PP account to these eBay accounts," why do they care? As background, I have been, like most of us, suspended by eBay. I have not, however, had any issue with PayPal. I have on personal account and one business account in good standing. As long as I am legally conducting business, and not a scammer or money launderer, why would they care?

rsot 08-15-2018 11:08 PM

Re: why should PP care about eBay suspension ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypothamus (Post 937390)
"I want to attach me PP account to these eBay accounts," why do they care? As background, I have been, like most of us, suspended by eBay. I have not, however, had any issue with PayPal. I have on personal account and one business account in good standing. As long as I am legally conducting business, and not a scammer or money launderer, why would they care?

How would they know 100% that you don't intend to BECOME a scammer or cause fraud later on - they take a lot of preventative moves and such based on "Security flags" and "Risk analysis".

You might have good intentions but many many MANY ppl have caused problems

GreenBean 08-15-2018 11:12 PM

It is their duty of care.

As a former bank executive, you would gave been aware of your bank thinking along similar lines.

Kessel Runner 08-16-2018 09:12 AM

A lot of times they don't. I have had multiple eBay accounts suspended without issue to my PayPal.

hypothamus 08-16-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 937425)
It is their duty of care.

As a former bank executive, you would gave been aware of your bank thinking along similar lines.

I think I said that. They clearly need to verify with whom they are dealing with. No doubt. I even said that I think PP does not do enough on that end. To allow payments without first a verification of identity is odd.

What I am saying is -- once they know with whom they are dealing, and a history of transactions without issues -- why would they care if your previous eBay account was suspended?

hypothamus 08-16-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kessel Runner (Post 937494)
A lot of times they don't. I have had multiple eBay accounts suspended without issue to my PayPal.

Yes, same here. 4 eBay accounts -- poof -- gone. I have not ever had an issue with PayPal.

@Kessel Runner -- have you plugged in any new stealth eBay accounts to your "old" PP account ?

yankee 08-16-2018 10:59 AM

for one, ebay OWNED paypal for a very, very, very long time. For second, ebay is PayPal's largest share holder still(unless something recently changed) and third, paypal ONLY cares if the ebay is suspended for high risk factors such as know counterfeit seller or fraud.

hypothamus 08-16-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 937514)
for one, ebay OWNED paypal for a very, very, very long time. For second, ebay is PayPal's largest share holder still(unless something recently changed)

Eeeh. Ebay has announced they are pulling away from PP in 15 months, so I don't buy any of that. I have been inside PP, and they do treat or think about eBay as a friendly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 937514)
and third, paypal ONLY cares if the ebay is suspended for high risk factors such as know counterfeit seller or fraud.

Ahh. That might very well be true, and you are correct, that PP would certainly care about that. Now, follow this thread a little further. I am guessing that your statement relates to what PP will do about an "action" that eBay takes. But, what about a new eBay account to an existing, never restricted PP account, and that new eBay account is a stealth account. Do you think PP rings the alarm bells to eBay ?

dallis 08-16-2018 02:47 PM

I have a number of accounts where the EB failed but the PP is fine. It all depends on the reason for the EB failure.

Kessel Runner 08-16-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypothamus (Post 937513)
@Kessel Runner -- have you plugged in any new stealth eBay accounts to your "old" PP account ?

No, I haven't