eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you. Whenever I try to withdraw $ to my debit card. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/120049-sorry-we-couldn-t-confirm-s-you-whenever-i-try-withdraw-my-debit-card.html)

natashaiera 09-10-2018 03:42 PM

Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you. Whenever I try to withdraw $ to my debit card.

It doesn't even give me a chance to verify my phone number it just goes directly to "Sorry, we can't confirm it's you" when I click withdraw. Is this something that will go away with time? Has anyone else had this issue?

nickopedia 09-10-2018 06:06 PM

Re: Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you. Whenever I try to withdraw $ to my debit car

This just means your account tripped a security flag and may go away with time.

Some of the many factors that they look at:

Amount/Frequency of withdrawing/sending payments (moving money out)
Your IP address reputation/type.
Account age and frequency of use.
Level of account verifcations (CC/bank linked, etc)
Past disputes/holds/refunds/claims.
Source of funds (this is a major one) eBay sales, P2P payments, etc)
Amount of past transactions in the past 180 days.
Transaction/Refund ratios.

And TONS more items....

Bottom line is this is normal and may go away with time.

Slow down what you are doing on this account.

phaz0rz 09-10-2018 07:24 PM

Re: Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you. Whenever I try to withdraw $ to my debit car

Have you been able to withdraw to this card before?
Are you able to withdraw to a bank account?
Or do you not have a bank account attached you could try with?

I was saying in another thread, I haven't seen anyone here be able to successfully withdraw from a stealth account to a debit card since they introduced the feature a few months ago. Seems like that's still the case.

natashaiera 09-10-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 942926)
Have you been able to withdraw to this card before?
Are you able to withdraw to a bank account?
Or do you not have a bank account attached you could try with?

I was saying in another thread, I haven't seen anyone here be able to successfully withdraw from a stealth account to a debit card since they introduced the feature a few months ago. Seems like that's still the case.

I have withdrawn to debit cards before but on other Paypal accounts.

martyjump 09-10-2018 11:22 PM

Do you have a working phone number on the account? I've noticed that when adding a bank account in the last few weeks they will do a security check and request to call you. You enter in the code they give you and then you're allowed to add bank account and withdraw. I lost the number to one of my accounts though- so I ran into the same message you did. I hope it goes away in time. I added the new number to replace it before withdrawing but still ran into the message you did.

natashaiera 09-11-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyjump (Post 942974)
Do you have a working phone number on the account? I've noticed that when adding a bank account in the last few weeks they will do a security check and request to call you. You enter in the code they give you and then you're allowed to add bank account and withdraw. I lost the number to one of my accounts though- so I ran into the same message you did. I hope it goes away in time. I added the new number to replace it before withdrawing but still ran into the message you did.

That's the thing though, they are not even giving me the chance to verify anything! They're not offering to send me a text or call, when I try to withdraw the screen judg automatically says they can't verify it's me.

phaz0rz 09-12-2018 07:24 AM

Could be because they're trying to run AVS on your debit card when you go to withdrawal. Does the address and zip on the card match your account?

okay 09-12-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 943231)
Could be because they're trying to run AVS on your debit card when you go to withdrawal. Does the address and zip on the card match your account?

thought avs was checked one time, the first time

phaz0rz 09-12-2018 01:14 PM

I don't know for sure. But with any standard charge to a debit or credit card AVS is run as part of the transaction. So it makes sense that the reverse would be true, with AVS being checked on every withdrawal attempt.

TheRealist 09-13-2018 05:37 AM

Have you tried withdrawing to your Bank Account?

martyjump 01-18-2019 08:24 PM

Any updates on this thread from the OP? Ever resolved? Just ran into this issue on one of my accounts but trying to withdraw to a bank, not a debit card.

nickopedia 01-18-2019 09:18 PM

I've also run into this issue on one of my stealths yesterday when trying to send month. I got the "couldn’t confirm it’s you" right away, no prompt for phone number or anything, just the box that says "couldn’t confirm it’s you" and nothing else.

Obviously this is something new that PayPal has been rolling out lately.

Hopefully it will go away after some time has passed. I'll try it again in another week or so.

spark190 04-26-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 972298)
I've also run into this issue on one of my stealths yesterday when trying to send month. I got the "couldn’t confirm it’s you" right away, no prompt for phone number or anything, just the box that says "couldn’t confirm it’s you" and nothing else.

Obviously this is something new that PayPal has been rolling out lately.

Hopefully it will go away after some time has passed. I'll try it again in another week or so.

Did it work out for you in the end? I'd appreciate any update on this.

agent006140 04-26-2019 04:32 PM

does it work before?
I know when Paypal first introduced withdrawing with your bank debit card,it has problems with some cards,not all bank issued debit cards work.
what is the bank which issued your debit card?
did you link the bank account?
did you link a credit card as well?

JENNY9091 04-26-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 997759)
does it work before?
I know when Paypal first introduced withdrawing with your bank debit card,it has problems with some cards,not all bank issued debit cards work.
what is the bank which issued your debit card?
did you link the bank account?
did you link a credit card as well?

Hi, for adding the debit card successfully, do you have to get the address match between PayPal and the bank? :D

I have stealth address on PayPal and real address on the bank.

Thanks.

agent006140 04-26-2019 07:01 PM

I dont know as I dont use the debit card,but someone here mentioned that it could be doing an AVS check ,if so,then street number and zip code would have to match
who is the bank?

JENNY9091 04-26-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 997776)
I dont know as I dont use the debit card,but someone here mentioned that it could be doing an AVS check ,if so,then street number and zip code would have to match
who is the bank?

I don't link any and just ask. But I think most USA issue visa debit card. I have TD USA bank account and they give me visa debit card

agent006140 04-26-2019 08:37 PM

you have to find someone who knows how any payment processor verify debit and credit card.
I know with credit card,when you are online at a site and enter your shipping and bill to address,then enter your credit card information,it accesses a data base where your address is kept ,not your name.
thats AVS,otherwise one could be using a stolen card.
I would think if you enter a debit card,it will check as well,
may be someone will come and shed some light on it.
You said yo have different address,?

degsey69 04-26-2019 08:54 PM

If you attach a bank debit or credit card they will accept it on face value as long as it is an accredited bank or credit union.

agent006140 04-27-2019 05:24 PM

what is face value of a debit and credit card?

Omgoozle 05-02-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 997989)
what is face value of a debit and credit card?

its an english phrase that means "they will accept it for what it looks like"