eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal payments pro verification question about SSN (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/120096-paypal-payments-pro-verification-question-about-ssn.html)

topsecret123 09-12-2018 06:40 PM

paypal payments pro verification question about SSN

i've had a paypal account under my personal name for a few years now... i only ever gave them the last 4 of my social, and verified some information to get limits released, but never gave them my full SSN

i was looking to setup paypalpayments pro, and still did not input my full social, and never fully completed the application by giving them my social, but it showed up today on my equifax credit report

I also had an account with them 8 years ago that got shut down for a $7 transaction selling something in the make money online industry... so i'm wondering since they were able to have an inquiry show up on my credit report, does that mean they have my social still and they're not concerned?

They had my full social on my account from 8 years ago... does that mean they connected the accounts since they were able to successfully pull my equifax credit report without me giving them my social on my new account?

SaiJin 09-12-2018 07:50 PM

Re: paypal payments pro verification question about SSN

So both accounts have the same SSN ?

It seems that 8 years is so long ago and so far nothing has happened. So let's not worry too much at this point.

if you're reallty worried, make some back up stealth accounts and use them for now.

phaz0rz 09-12-2018 08:02 PM

2nd account was never given the full SSN. OP, if you'd given your full SSN on both accounts they would have been linked together a long time ago. You won't be linked by SSN at this point.

My understanding is that a company doesn't need your full SSN to put an entry on your credit report. They may need it for a hard credit pull but they don't need it (your full SSN) to report a debt on your credit report.

nickopedia 09-12-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 943358)
2nd account was never given the full SSN. OP, if you'd given your full SSN on both accounts they would have been linked together a long time ago. You won't be linked by SSN at this point.

My understanding is that a company doesn't need your full SSN to put an entry on your credit report. They may need it for a hard credit pull but they don't need it (your full SSN) to report a debt on your credit report.

This is correct.

Only name/address needed to report existing tradeline/relationship.

They need your NAME+SSN+DOB for a hard CRA pull.

topsecret123 09-12-2018 09:55 PM

thanks... i just wanted to know if we were in the clear and could use my SSN on the new account, but I don't want to risk it