eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/120559-instant-linking-bank-account-requesting-phone-bank-account.html)

uknow 10-01-2018 12:09 PM

Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account

Hey guys,

So my problem is, i have a Paypal account that i am trying to link a Bank account to but everytime i try to do so, it request it pulls the phone number from the bank account and request a authorization code which was sent to that phone number.

Even after entering the code, it still does not go through

I tried Wells fargo and BOA.

Any advise?

phaz0rz 10-01-2018 12:32 PM

Re: Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account

Are they totally fresh bank accounts that you haven't added or tried to add to any other Paypals? Basic question I know - but I have to ask since you mentioned you've tried adding multiple different bank accounts to this one PP account (you've most likely burned all of them now, BTW).

Options are to either a) call in and try adding a bank account through the automated system or through a CSR, b) wait a few days and try again, or c) try doing instant verification if you're trying micro deposits currently.

I had trouble adding a BA to an aged account a few weeks ago. For some reason or another I think they're making it harder to add bank accounts.

uknow 10-01-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 947181)
Are they totally fresh bank accounts that you haven't added or tried to add to any other Paypals? Basic question I know - but I have to ask since you mentioned you've tried adding multiple different bank accounts to this one PP account (you've most likely burned all of them now, BTW).

Options are to either a) call in and try adding a bank account through the automated system or through a CSR, b) wait a few days and try again, or c) try doing instant verification if you're trying micro deposits currently.

I had trouble adding a BA to an aged account a few weeks ago. For some reason or another I think they're making it harder to add bank accounts.

YES. New Bank accounts opened a few days ago and two different Paypal accounts.

I was trying instant verification.

H4ck 10-01-2018 02:37 PM

does this happen with chase as well?

do they ask for phone number verification if you try doing micro deposits?

phaz0rz 10-01-2018 03:00 PM

You could try doing micro deposits instead then, but you'll probably have the same problem. IDK why they've been making it so hard to add BA's. Best advice I can give is to wait a while (like a week or two) and then try again.

H4ck 10-01-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 947198)
You could try doing micro deposits instead then, but you'll probably have the same problem. IDK why they've been making it so hard to add BA's. Best advice I can give is to wait a while (like a week or two) and then try again.

has anyone gotten phone verification from doing micro deposits?

phaz0rz 10-01-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 947204)
has anyone gotten phone verification from doing micro deposits?

Yeah it just happened to me a few weeks ago with that bank account/PP I mentioned earlier in the thread. I have only ever used the micro deposit method to add bank accounts.

For me, it was a 2 year PP account and a 1 year old bank account. I don't think the age of the PP account or the bank account is a big factor, if it's a factor at all.

uknow 10-01-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 947194)
does this happen with chase as well?

do they ask for phone number verification if you try doing micro deposits?

Cannot comment with Chase. Never tried

uknow 10-01-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 947198)

Gonna try micro deposits. Will post the results

H4ck 10-02-2018 01:05 AM

a few months ago when i tried instant linking us bank to paypal it asked me to verify security questions from bank before adding i put all the correct answers and it still would not allow me to add.

I had to do micro deposits with us bank it did not ask me for anything........

it could mean wells fargo and boa upped their security.......i know td bank upped their security way back.......and when trying to do instant link with td bank they ask for security questions......

uknow 10-11-2018 11:57 AM

Micro deposits worked. Made two successful withdrawals so far