eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   I just tested a security text message in order to withdraw, surprisingly it worked... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/120642-i-just-tested-security-text-message-order-withdraw-surprisingly-worked.html)

glacier922 10-04-2018 01:07 PM

I just tested a security text message in order to withdraw, surprisingly it worked...

The caveat is I received the text with google voice of all things. Anyone else experience this? I'm trying to figure out if Paypal finally removed that stupid CNAM requirements. Not many people have the same exact name on their profile as their CNAM down to the exact dot, thus that text message wouldn't work for many people and paypal would be holding on to a lot of people's money, which would make tons of people upset.

Just want to know if other people had success with google voice numbers now. And please, no congratulation responses. I'm just trying to figure this problem out.

richardittner1 10-04-2018 01:14 PM

Re: I just tested a security text message in order to withdraw, surprisingly it worke

You try this on new account, not aged?

glacier922 10-04-2018 01:29 PM

Re: I just tested a security text message in order to withdraw, surprisingly it worke

yep, it's relatively new. I'd say about a month old.

H4ck 10-06-2018 08:47 PM

did you add the google voice number when you created the account?

or did you add the gv number to withdraw on the quick security check then it allowed it and you were able to withdraw?

aspkin 10-07-2018 08:14 AM

Well that makes GV more viable.

Honestly I'm surprised with how successful GV and stealth accounts have been lately. Google must have added a bunch of new numbers recently.

uknow 10-11-2018 11:54 AM

been using google voice to receive text almost a year now

glacier922 10-11-2018 12:50 PM

Sorry for the late reply jarsky, yes, i added the google voice number upon creation of the new account. I'd also add that i'm not out of the woods yet. Right now, paypal asks for text verification just to link to a new ebay account, and that sometimes does not work. When it doesn't work, you'll get a message that we cannot verify it's you type of message.

H4ck 10-13-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 949194)
Sorry for the late reply jarsky, yes, i added the google voice number upon creation of the new account. I'd also add that i'm not out of the woods yet. Right now, paypal asks for text verification just to link to a new ebay account, and that sometimes does not work. When it doesn't work, you'll get a message that we cannot verify it's you type of message.

this has always been normal procedure.......when you add gv to paypal on creation it will work....

MM78 10-13-2018 10:23 PM

Google Voice on PayPal on initial creation will work for accepting phone calls or verification code when trying to withdraw funds....but again, has to be added on the day you create the PayPal as the main phone number.

glacier922 10-14-2018 12:53 AM

Added upon creation of paypal account? hmmmm, interesting, I'll have to look at my paypal accounts again to see if I added that gv number on paypal account later, or whether or not i added my sim card number first, then paypal number.