eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Got this email from Paypal on several accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/121306-got-email-paypal-several-accounts.html)

martyjump 10-31-2018 11:48 AM

Got this email from Paypal on several accounts

Action needed: Confirm your info by January 27, 2019 to keep using your Paypal balance.

Anyone else get this?

martyjump 10-31-2018 12:01 PM

Re: Got this email from Paypal on several accounts

Says keep the option to send, spend, or make automatic payments. Don't really care about sending and spending balance as long as I can withdraw to a bank- but I do use the automatic payments for eBay fees. I'm sure I could use a gift card or something to pay fees for these accounts. It's asking for SSN # or tax ID

martyjump 10-31-2018 12:19 PM

Also, I believe these are all Paypal business accounts and they aren't in my name. About 15% of my accounts got hit with this message on Tuesday morning all at the same time.

phaz0rz 10-31-2018 01:13 PM

This is gradually being rolled out to all accounts. I've only seen it on one of mine so far but there have already been dozens of threads here about users who suddenly saw it pop up on established accounts, or who were surprised to see it on new accounts. It was part of the TOS update in March - it's just taking them a while to roll it out to all of their millions of accounts.

If you have a bank account on the PP then you're set. If not I wouldn't sell anything past Christmas.

martyjump 10-31-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 954157)
This is gradually being rolled out to all accounts. I've only seen it on one of mine so far but there have already been dozens of threads here about users who suddenly saw it pop up on established accounts, or who were surprised to see it on new accounts. It was part of the TOS update in March - it's just taking them a while to roll it out to all of their millions of accounts.

If you have a bank account on the PP then you're set. If not I wouldn't sell anything past Christmas.

Yeah the only thing I'm worrying about affecting me is that it says I won't be able to do automatic payments anymore. So if that's the case I'll have to pay my eBay fees with gift cards which will be a bit of a pain but I can adjust.

@NasterXchange 10-31-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyjump (Post 954130)
Says keep the option to send, spend, or make automatic payments. Don't really care about sending and spending balance as long as I can withdraw to a bank- but I do use the automatic payments for eBay fees. I'm sure I could use a gift card or something to pay fees for these accounts. It's asking for SSN # or tax ID

It's still possible that after some time, Paypal might ask to confirm your infos before withdrawing to bank. So I wouldn't exclude it.

rsot 10-31-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyjump (Post 954239)
Yeah the only thing I'm worrying about affecting me is that it says I won't be able to do automatic payments anymore. So if that's the case I'll have to pay my eBay fees with gift cards which will be a bit of a pain but I can adjust.

I pay ebay fees using gift cards and such - yes, an extra step but it's alright for operations

juke123321 10-31-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyjump (Post 954123)
Action needed: Confirm your info by January 27, 2019 to keep using your Paypal balance.

Anyone else get this?

I have around 10 accounts, havent seen this on any :S what region are your accs from? US?

slokor 10-31-2018 08:36 PM

This applies to US accounts only - since they require DOB and SSN.

supdawg1985 11-01-2018 04:09 AM

I got this on one of my stealth turned business accounts. They are wanting proof of EIN, business address, and formation. I can present each document legitimately. I am only concerned of this prompting a deeper review of the account and the possibility they do not like what they see for whatever reason (I have had accounts suspended for seemingly nothing in the past).

What is the best course of action? Just ignore it or provide the documents?

Elliot 11-03-2018 12:29 AM

So has this been mostly showing up on business accounts, or personal accounts too....? I don't have any business accounts, and have never seen this notice myself.

phaz0rz 11-03-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 954774)
So has this been mostly showing up on business accounts, or personal accounts too....? I don't have any business accounts, and have never seen this notice myself.

Mostly personal accounts at this point from what anecdotal evidence shows.

But I did get it the other day on a long-time dormant business PP account.

wordman72 11-07-2018 10:48 PM

It showed up on my new business account today. I submitted all the information like normal when upgrading to a business account and instantly they asked for documents to confirm my business account. I did this earlier with another established account and they instantly asked for a photo ID and SSN which I can’t/won’t provide. Is this new?

Play 11-07-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juke123321 (Post 954271)
I have around 10 accounts, havent seen this on any :S what region are your accs from? US?

Seems to only be an issue with US accounts. I wouldn't worry too much.

Elliot 11-08-2018 07:50 AM

Ha! A day after seeing this post I got one too.... it just asked for the info to "keep using your balance" but there was no "enter-by" date, and I didn't get an email alerting me to the need to add this info.

Best guess, how long before you think this will become a mandatory requirement on an account that gets this notice? 30 days? Longer...? I'm assuming that since there was no email sent (it was just a notice you see when you log into your pp account) it's not as imminent?

phaz0rz 11-08-2018 08:00 AM

I don't think it will become like "give your ssn by xx/xx/xxxx or we will ban you."

More like if you want to keep using your balance for purchases this is the info we need from you whenever you get ready.

fbueller 11-09-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

My email said the following -

The way you pay eBay fees won't change
Whatever you decide, the money you receive in your PayPal balance will be used to pay your eBay fees.

So basically you can accept payments for things you're selling, withdraw to your bank account, and still pay eBay fees with your balance. If you don't use the account to buy anything, it doesn't matter.

slokor 11-09-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 956025)
Ha! A day after seeing this post I got one too.... it just asked for the info to "keep using your balance" but there was no "enter-by" date, and I didn't get an email alerting me to the need to add this info.

Best guess, how long before you think this will become a mandatory requirement on an account that gets this notice? 30 days? Longer...? I'm assuming that since there was no email sent (it was just a notice you see when you log into your pp account) it's not as imminent?

If you just got that notice without a date it should already in effect on your account. From now on funds coming in will only be useable for withdrawals.

jimmy121 11-10-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

in that same email, at the bottom it says that the way you pay ebay fees won't change. So nothing will change as far as paying fee goes.

Elliot 11-11-2018 01:55 PM

When I see this, I try to add a bank to the accounts I depend on the most (incase anything changes...) but now it seems hard to even add a bank to an account, did something change with this in the last few months? Just adding a real bank?

BigCJ 11-11-2018 02:16 PM

It would seem that you need to have (And Keep) the bank accounts associated with your paypal account active and alive...Paypal is going to lose tons of accounts with this roll out

martyjump 11-19-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCJ (Post 956779)
It would seem that you need to have (And Keep) the bank accounts associated with your paypal account active and alive...Paypal is going to lose tons of accounts with this roll out

I thought the same thing. They're going to lose a lot of business with this new TOS update. But they must have concerns to justify this. As long as I can still pay fees and withdraw money to my bank I don't care though.