eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Verified PP to receive direct payment? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/121432-verified-pp-receive-direct-payment.html)

flyriver 11-04-2018 09:56 PM

Verified PP to receive direct payment?

Can someone please refresh my memory. I know if you send an invoice from paypal to paypal, the receiving account has to be verified to accept the funds. Does this hold true to a payment sent directly to another paypal account for goods or services (no invoicing).

Play 11-04-2018 10:16 PM

Re: Verified PP to receive direct payment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyriver (Post 955161)
Can someone please refresh my memory. I know if you send an invoice from paypal to paypal, the receiving account has to be verified to accept the funds. Does this hold true to a payment sent directly to another paypal account for goods or services (no invoicing).

In all the years of using PayPal, never had a buyer tell me they cannot pay an invoice because they are unverified - perhaps this is a US PayPal policy.

Same goes with payments, never had a payment not go through because account wasn't verified.

Of course it used to show on the recipient side if the sender of the payment was indeed verified or not, not sure if this is still the case with the new PayPal layout. Was certainly the case with the classic layout though.

flyriver 11-04-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 955166)
In all the years of using PayPal, never had a buyer tell me they cannot pay an invoice because they are unverified - perhaps this is a US PayPal policy.

Same goes with payments, never had a payment not go through because account wasn't verified.

Of course it used to show on the recipient side if the sender of the payment was indeed verified or not, not sure if this is still the case with the new PayPal layout. Was certainly the case with the classic layout though.

Im sorry I didnt explain myself well. I am sending a payment from one account to another, I know when I do this with an invoice sent, the account receiving payment has to be verified to "accept" or "claim" the funds or else it remains pending.

I just cant remember if the same will happen if the funds are sent directly and without any invoicing being sent. If done this way, will the account receiving the funds have to be verified?

Play 11-04-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyriver (Post 955167)
Im sorry I didnt explain myself well. I am sending a payment from one account to another, I know when I do this with an invoice sent, the account receiving payment has to be verified to "accept" or "claim" the funds or else it remains pending.

I just cant remember if the same will happen if the funds are sent directly and without any invoicing being sent. If done this way, will the account receiving the funds have to be verified?

ah I see.

So regardless of whether you send it via invoice payment, or direct, the recipient account does need to claim it. That is how it was a while ago, not sure if things have changed now though. I've not come across that in a while.

flyriver 11-04-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 955169)
ah I see.

So regardless of whether you send it via invoice payment, or direct, the recipient account does need to claim it. That is how it was a while ago, not sure if things have changed now though. I've not come across that in a while.

Ok , thanks Play!