eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   "Verify it's you..." during PayPal Withdrawal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/121916-verify-its-you-during-paypal-withdrawal.html)

jmag91 11-23-2018 02:04 PM

"Verify it's you..." during PayPal Withdrawal

Hey fellow stealthers,

Hope everyone had a nice and relaxing holiday.

I have a question for you all. I went to withdrawal a small amount of money last night and PayPal popped up with a screen I've never seen before.
It asked me to verify that it's me through personal info, SSN, or through a text with my phone number.
I figured the text through phone number would be easy so I went to check my Google Voice to make sure it's still working before doing it and boom, my Google Voice number is no longer active.

I contacted Google to reinstate the account with the phone number but they say they can't because it's been inactive too long.

My question is, is it possible this message will go away with time on PayPal?

If not, what would you guys do? Is it possible for me to enter an EIN instead of SSN?

Thank you all, I look forward to your replies.
:comp5:

slokor 11-23-2018 06:01 PM

Re: "Verify it's you..." during PayPal Withdrawal

Since theyre asking to verify your identity an EIN wouldn't work in this case.
First thing to do is to immediately update the phone number to one you have access to.
The message will more than likely not go away but eventually you should be able to use the new phone number for this verification. Note it can take several months for this to happen.

jmag91 11-23-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 959801)
Since theyre asking to verify your identity an EIN wouldn't work in this case.
First thing to do is to immediately update the phone number to one you have access to.
The message will more than likely not go away but eventually you should be able to use the new phone number for this verification. Note it can take several months for this to happen.

slokor, thank you very much for the info. Yikes, it appears this is more serious than I imagined. So you would update the phone number, and continue to wait to withdrawal until I can verify using the new number? Just want to be clear.

Leader2dark 11-24-2018 03:08 PM

I'm having this same issue. I updated to new phone number, confirmed it, now its just a waiting game I guess. It still would not let me change bank info. I could call in and fix it I think....but i'm lazy and no rush.

big tymer 11-24-2018 05:24 PM

I had a similiar issue with withdrawal. just call and explain you dont have access to that cellphone number they will verify your identity while on the phone then remove the restriction and you can initiate the transfer while still on the phone. i would rather not call, but given the choice of money or no money i will make the call.

jmag91 11-24-2018 06:43 PM

Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for the help! I truly appreciate you guys reaching out and sharing your knowledge with me.

If I called in, what kind of stuff would they ask me to verify identity? I just want to make sure I'll have all the answers.

Thanks in advance,
jmag

jmag91 11-25-2018 02:41 PM

Any advice with the call in guys? Been checking once a day to see if the message will go away, doesn't seem to be.

jmag91 11-25-2018 03:37 PM

UPDATE: I just updated the phone number on the account to a Google Voice # that I have access to. Tried to withdraw after and the option to receive a text is no longer there. Now the waiting game begins I believe.

MORAL OF THIS STORY: KEEP YOUR GOOGLE VOICE NUMBERS ALIVE AND WELL!

big tymer 11-25-2018 09:05 PM

Just remember to keep that # active. The verification pop up may appear again the next time you try a withdrawal. It did for me like once or twice after updating the phone #.

jmag91 11-25-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big tymer (Post 960204)
Just remember to keep that # active. The verification pop up may appear again the next time you try a withdrawal. It did for me like once or twice after updating the phone #.

How long did you wait until you had the new phone number pop up so you can bypass the security check?

or did you call them up?

big tymer 11-26-2018 12:01 AM

just a few days but once i verified it, the pop up hasn't appeared since.