Can't deposit check? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-30-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can't deposit check?

I tried to deposit check from Paypal today and they said they can't because its in a business account and not in my name.Anyway around this?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 11-30-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 906 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Who told you this? Your bank?

Does your bank have mobile or ATM deposit capabilities? If so, use those instead of doing an over-the-counter deposit inside the branch.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Who told you this? Your bank?

Does your bank have mobile or ATM deposit capabilities? If so, use those instead of doing an over-the-counter deposit inside the branch.
The teller told me this and the guy I spoke with over the phone said to deposite a check in a business I have to have a business account.I'm too scared to do a mobile deposit when I did an atm deposit it destroyed the check.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 906 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Your bankers sound like a bunch of morons. Is this Chase or Bank of America by chance?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Your bankers sound like a bunch of morons. Is this Chase or Bank of America by chance?
Its Chase...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 906 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Chase, huh?
How did I guess correctly you ask?

JP Morgan Chase is notorious for this type of thing. I hate to say it, but that is one of the banks wiht the most moronic policies when it comes to depositing 3rd party checks. I have a bit of personal experience with this and it was one of the contributing factors why I ended my relationship with them.

Chase doesn't work like other banks, sadly. You are best advised to deposit via their mobile app or ATM as I suggested because their stupid staff usually will make up some bullcrap about why they can't deposit a "business" check into your personal account.

Why didn't you just didn't withdrawal directly to your account and requested a check be sent?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Chase, huh?
How did I guess correctly you ask?

JP Morgan Chase is notorious for this type of thing. I hate to say it, but that is one of the banks wiht the most moronic policies when it comes to depositing 3rd party checks. I have a bit of personal experience with this and it was one of the contributing factors why I ended my relationship with them.

Chase doesn't work like other banks, sadly. You are best advised to deposit via their mobile app or ATM as I suggested because their stupid staff usually will make up some bullcrap about why they can't deposit a "business" check into your personal account.

Why didn't you just didn't withdrawal directly to your account and requested a check be sent?
But they said the mobile app wouldn't work because its addressed to the business not my name.ATM stole my check last time I did and they said it was because it wasn't endorsed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 906 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Do you actually believe what this idiot of a bank tells you?

If Chase told you the sky was falling would you believe it? C'mon.

Keep in mind that Chase bankers are paid slightly above the minimum wage of others in their industry. The folks that work at Walmart & McDonalds are probably far smarter.

Sorry for the rant, but this type of crap with Chase really unsettling because it's the same thing I have seen before with them. Maybe we should read some responses from other experienced members of this forum. There is a lot of intellectual capital to be found here.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-30-2018), rsot (12-01-2018)
  #9  
Old 11-30-2018
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,205
Thanks: 21
Thanked 171 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

did you listen to a word daddy has told you last time around?

deposit it through mobile banking app......

go to the mall get 1 ticket to see white santa, fart on his lap and tell him you want a bag of cocaine for christmas.

tell him you want a endless supply of cocaine where the fbi and homeland security cant touch it so ask for a distribution channel through the north pole...........

trumps wall on mexico can't stop the sleigh up in the sky to stop by to drop off the endless supply of cocaine.

then tell all the kids in line to go fuk themselves.....

go home and call a hot white milf screw her brains out........

and we can call it a day.

Last edited by H4ck; 11-30-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to H4ck For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-30-2018)
  #10  
Old 11-30-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
did you listen to a word daddy has told you last time around?

deposit it through mobile banking app......

go to the mall get 1 ticket to see white santa, fart on his lap and tell him you want a bag of cocaine for christmas.

tell him you want a endless supply of cocaine where the fbi and homeland security cant touch it so ask for a distribution channel through the north pole...........

trumps wall on mexico can't stop the sleigh up in the sky to stop by to drop off the endless supply of cocaine.

then tell all the kids in line to go fuk themselves.....

go home and call a hot white milf screw her brains out........

and we can call it a day.
I mean the agents said I couldn't but I'll try.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-01-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,681
Thanks: 927
Thanked 906 Times in 669 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 24%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Hey, listen to Jarsky. The man knows what he's talking about.

Sorry for the off-beat remarks, but seriously, the more experienced guys here know a thing or two about the "bankers". Don't let a snot nosed prick from Chase Bank scare you into believing some bu1l$hiT.

In the future, you might want to do business with a "real" bank or better yet, CREDIT UNION that actually knows what they're talking about.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Any other input?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Maybe you're right because I did have one check that was in a different name and it went through the atm fine.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

The check is for 6.8k mobile app has a 5k limit...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-01-2018
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,205
Thanks: 21
Thanked 171 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icykid298 View Post
The check is for 6.8k mobile app has a 5k limit...
call chase ask them to up the limit.....make up a bullsh1t excuse.

is this check going into a personal chase account?

if yes, than I might feel uncomfortable about that........

if the check is 6.8k, you should mobile deposit into a business account.....they don't pay that close attention to business accounts after 90 days......

if you deposit into a personal chase account that amount you risk getting the account flagged...and money frozen......they might shut down your bank account....

Last edited by H4ck; 12-01-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Just so I can keep my options open please tell me chase would send me a check with my name on it and change the current name. Can they do that?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-01-2018
H4ck's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,205
Thanks: 21
Thanked 171 Times in 129 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icykid298 View Post
Just so I can keep my options open please tell me chase would send me a check with my name on it and change the current name. Can they do that?
paypal will only send a check in the name on the account.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
paypal will only send a check in the name on the account.
Ok,so I'm trying to open a business on Chase (I don't have any legal documents for this business at all) I chose sole proprietorships and under business legal name it has my name,but under that it has Does your business operate under any other name, I put yes and put the name "the check was made out to" would this work? Hopefully they dont ask for docs
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

What other options do I have? Please help me!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

I dont understand why the other check worked which wasn't in my name went through but this one wont there has to be way..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-01-2018
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,737
Thanks: 1,764
Thanked 3,135 Times in 2,359 Posts
Activity: 81%
Longevity: 31%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Trying to open a business bank account without the proper paperwork isn't going to work.

You said it's a big check, so why not spend the $100 to form the LLC you need and then open a business bank account for it and deposit the check? Even if that's the only thing you ever use the business bank account for, seems like it would be worth it for several thousand dollars.

Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting locked up for check fraud or anything like that.

If this were me, doing what I just said would be the only option. I prefer not to mess around with banks..
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (12-01-2018)
  #22  
Old 12-01-2018
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 158
Thanks: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can't deposit check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Trying to open a business bank account without the proper paperwork isn't going to work.

You said it's a big check, so why not spend the $100 to form the LLC you need and then open a business bank account for it and deposit the check? Even if that's the only thing you ever use the business bank account for, seems like it would be worth it for several thousand dollars.

Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting locked up for check fraud or anything like that.

If this were me, doing what I just said would be the only option. I prefer not to mess around with banks..
I need the paper work for it..
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First deposit $700 iamlmfao PayPal Talk 9 02-25-2018 12:44 AM
Request check and deposit in your account Imohsofly718 Paypal Limited 4 05-20-2016 06:43 AM
deposit method & name TOOKNAPA Amazon 15 09-24-2015 05:25 AM
Deposit in different name Kelly441 Amazon 5 04-30-2013 05:21 PM
MarketWorks check out or Any other... Can I check out w/Real Address? tripleflip18 eBay Discussion! 3 08-15-2008 02:38 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts