eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   @ phazorz (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/122156-phazorz.html)

jmag91 12-02-2018 04:37 PM

@ phazorz

Hey buddy,
I saw in a post that you had a similar problem in that you got a "Quick Security Check" when withdrawing and didn't have access to original phone #.

Did you add a new Google Voice # and wait 3ish months to withdraw?

phaz0rz 12-03-2018 03:23 PM

Re: @ phazorz

Yes, that's exactly what I did.

In my case though the Paypal account wasn't limited. It just wouldn't let me add a new bank account without confirming my phone number. So I added the GV # and used 100% of payments that came into that account to pay suppliers for several months. After a few months I was able to send the PP confirmation text to my GV #, add a bank account, and start withdrawing funds as usual again.

Thanks for the shout out lol :)

jmag91 12-03-2018 04:12 PM

Lol hey anytime!

Hmmm so mine is a little different because it happened when I was withdrawing money. The security check popped up, I then changed the phone #, and it won't let me confirm anymore. Only options are questions and SSN.

Do you suggest I wait 3-4 months and try again? Do you think the new Google Voice # will eventually work?

Edit: My PayPal account is not limited, so we are the same there.

phaz0rz 12-03-2018 04:49 PM

You might as well try but I think there's a slim chance of it working if the option to send a confirmation text has disappeared.

jmag91 12-03-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 962320)
You might as well try but I think there's a slim chance of it working if the option to send a confirmation text has disappeared.

Shoot really? The rep did tell me on the phone that it is not eligible because it's not in my name. Do you think over time it would work? After a few months.

Also if I limited the account do you think I'd be able to withdraw after 180 days?

Play 12-03-2018 06:31 PM

OP - You do know the forum has a private message function, predominantly for something like this right? :)

jmag91 12-03-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 962325)
OP - You do know the forum has a private message function, predominantly for something like this right? :)

Yep, we started messaging in private. Thanks for caring.

GreenBean 12-03-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 962325)

I copied this from the FAQ....

Private Messaging is provided to the members of eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited Forums as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of private messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden. Any member receiving an inappropriate private message should forward that message to an Administrator or Moderator right away. Although private messages are normally only accessible by those who send and receive them, they are part of the database and as such, property of eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited Forums. An Administrator, if so inclined, could locate the Private Messages in the database and read them. They are private, but not necessarily secret. In addition, Private Messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others.

I think the posts are very informative .

:focus:

jmag91 12-03-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 962343)
I copied this from the FAQ....

Private Messaging is provided to the members of eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited Forums as a service intended to enhance the Community experience. The purpose of private messaging is to allow for discreet conversations to take place between members. This privilege is not to be abused! Solicitation, spamming, or harassment of any kind is strictly forbidden. Any member receiving an inappropriate private message should forward that message to an Administrator or Moderator right away. Although private messages are normally only accessible by those who send and receive them, they are part of the database and as such, property of eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited Forums. An Administrator, if so inclined, could locate the Private Messages in the database and read them. They are private, but not necessarily secret. In addition, Private Messages are not intended to deprive the Community of valuable information or experiences which could benefit the entire group. Please do not use private messages if the content of the message can be helpful to others.

I think the posts are very informative .

:focus:

Very true. Members in the future that may run into this problem can read this thread and hopefully get some help/insight from it.

Thanks GreenBean. :thumb:

WEI 12-03-2018 08:25 PM

@Play: maybe he wants others to comment on this also :D or have this topic recorded in the forum for future reference ;)

sax4 12-03-2018 10:56 PM

Never had a "quick security check" that didn't disappear after 3 days, and I had many on many accounts

jmag91 12-03-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 962368)
Never had a "quick security check" that didn't disappear after 3 days, and I had many on many accounts

How long ago was this? Because I'm reading several articles where it takes 3-4 months!

H4ck 12-04-2018 03:07 AM

Short answer if you you can't answer the identity questions from the rep you have no chance on getting past the quick security check...the gv option does not work do not bet on it....

The quick security of check does disappear after a few days but it depends on why it popped up to begin with, if it was because of you were sending money that's a different situation.

The quick security check will pull 100% of them time when trying to add a bank or withdraw funds.... It will never go away in this situation.

dealagreeproceed 12-04-2018 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 962373)
How long ago was this? Because I'm reading several articles where it takes 3-4 months!

your both talking about two different things :deadhorse::humble::nono:

Play 12-04-2018 11:48 AM

Whilst I respect the contents of this thread may be helpful to others, the OPs choice of title (@ phazorz) will make it difficult for users with the same to issue to find, unless they search thoroughly of course.

Hence my suggestion to communicate via PM.

phaz0rz 12-04-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarsky541 (Post 962391)

The quick security check will pull 100% of them time when trying to add a bank or withdraw funds.... It will never go away in this situation.

That's the exact situation I was in. It didn't go away but I was able to send the text to my GV number after a few months. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong since there are dozens of different degrees of "security checks", but for me GV got the job done.

jmag91 12-04-2018 02:07 PM

Question for anyone and everyone:

If I were to upgrade the PayPal to a business account, and add an EIN, do you think I'd bypass the Quick Security Check?

let me know, thanks!

flyriver 12-04-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmag91 (Post 962511)
Question for anyone and everyone:

If I were to upgrade the PayPal to a business account, and add an EIN, do you think I'd bypass the Quick Security Check?

let me know, thanks!

Did not work for me...