eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Stealth got issued 1099, I never gave them a Tax ID (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/123434-stealth-got-issued-1099-i-never-gave-them-tax-id.html)

nodeal 01-23-2019 04:33 PM

Stealth got issued 1099, I never gave them a Tax ID

One of my stealth accounts that I purchased from a seller on here got a 1099 issued. On the 1099 is the stealth info and a Tax Identification Number I have never seen before. I never added this TIN or any TIN to the account. It must have been added before the account was provided to me as an attempt to bypass PP new IRS limits for MA and VT as this account is a MA address account. I do not think this is a coincidence.

I messaged the seller. Am waiting on a response..

How should I proceed with this account? Will it just be limited and that's it? Any way to salvage it?

DocumentRequest 01-23-2019 05:08 PM

Re: Stealth got issued 1099, I never gave them a Tax ID

This is a classic case of tax fraud. Salvaging the account is the least of your worries at this point. If I were you I would be proactive before sh!t hits the fan. You may not hear anything from the IRS for months, years, but eventually they will hit you. The SSN associated will eventually see a discrepancy in income and taxes paid on income, as they will not match up. If the SSN is associated with a minor that can not/does not work then that will be quickly discovered with that family gets a tax bill. If the SSN is associated with a deceased person, than this will be obvious to the IRS, and quickly acted upon. All they need to do is simply look at the bank transfers and information attached and bam. Your screwed. You better hope the SSN they provided is simply random and not attached to any person. Either way your account is toast eventually. There is plenty of legit ways to create a stealth account for longevity and pay your taxes on them.

Chris18181 01-23-2019 07:14 PM

I got the same thing and not sure how to file, there is no SSN number for me only a TIN Number

nodeal 01-23-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 973414)
I got the same thing and not sure how to file, there is no SSN number for me only a TIN Number

Yes mine is a TIN as well, I edited my post.

nodeal 01-23-2019 07:40 PM

Some more info.
The TIN on the 1099 under "Filer" is actually PayPal's TIN
The "Payee" TIN is blank.

Again this account is in MA
So what I am wondering is if MA and VT are having 1099 submitted even if no Tax ID information exists on the account?

Is this even possible?

ZSX 01-23-2019 07:59 PM

I got a question, I was hit with the; need Tax ID about 3 months ago as i passed the 20k mark for money made as i sell on eBay and i needed either a TIN, EIN or SSN but since i didn't actually add my name correctly on it and don't have a SSN, that was out of the question. With TIN it seemed like i needed to do a Semi-Long process of some sorts and didn't want to waste the time and the only option I realistically had was the EIN which i did, got one for a good price with the name on the PayPal and i sent it in but there taking way to long to review and verify it and i had to call multiple times to tell them why there taking so long and they keep making excuses but 2 weeks have passed and nothing yet.

One thing i want to know is what are the chances of it passing?? And if not what are my best options after?

This is the note they sent me on my PayPal:

Because you receive payment for goods or services through PayPal, you must verify your U.S. taxpayer status. Take action now to avoid additional limitations to your account.

Any help or suggestions would help, thanks.