Can't get passed PayPal's 'Quick Security Check' - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Can't get passed PayPal's 'Quick Security Check'

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
Big 4 carriers for sure work. I use Verizon in my case a year ago and it was in my name. Stealth was in same last name, but different first name. So it may work for you to just use your own Verizon line. I was able to withdraw after I got past the security check and haven't ran into the problem since.
Damn thanks for the info bro.

What cheap phone can you recommend me this would work with??

I just need one that receives texts if this is the case.

Please need this info asap...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2019

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

The REAL Reason you keep having to go through the Quick Security check is NOT because of your Phone Carrier or VCC.. the problem is the BANK you have attached.. it must be one of those Green dot / Meta banks or whatever.. Change your Bank and the quick security checks will go away.. I GUARANTEE!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyco For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-27-2019)
Old 01-27-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSX View Post
Does the name on the card need to match the PayPal account??

Also i don't live in the U.S so this isn't possible for me...
you have a U.S. flag on your profile
Old 01-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyco View Post
The REAL Reason you keep having to go through the Quick Security check is NOT because of your Phone Carrier or VCC.. the problem is the BANK you have attached.. it must be one of those Green dot / Meta banks or whatever.. Change your Bank and the quick security checks will go away.. I GUARANTEE!
Interesting bank point.
Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanicon View Post
you have a U.S. flag on your profile
I mean the accounts under my brother's name
Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyco View Post
I don't even have any bank attached...

Would a VBA work???

And I'm trying to buy from the market place here but none of the sellers respond..
Old 01-27-2019

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
I don't even have any bank attached...

Would a VBA work???

And I'm trying to buy from the market place here but none of the sellers respond..
So you have no card or bank account attached to your paypal, use there services to generate money then try to cash out by sending to another paypal account?

Wait for a response from the market place, i think you are a little impatient, when a seller responds he will most likely give you advise

Last edited by ckev26; 01-27-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckev26 View Post
So you have no card or bank account attached to your paypal, use there services to generate money then try to cash out by sending to another paypal account?
What do you mean generate money??...

I have money in my PayPal and i can't take it out cause of that stupid 'Quick Verify' and the name is under my brothers but he's too lazy to even do anything i tell him.

If it was under my name i would of been done everything myself... *Sigh*

I Also have BTC to pay off someone in the Market Section here but there not responding... :(
Old 01-27-2019

Quote:
What do you mean generate money??...

I have money in my PayPal and i can't take it out cause of that stupid 'Quick Verify' and the name is under my brothers but he's too lazy to even do anything i tell him.

If it was under my name i would of been done everything myself... *Sigh*

I Also have BTC to pay off someone in the Market Section here but there not responding... :(
generate money as in receiving money
if you have no card or bank attached to your paypal you will encounter problems like the one you have now, adding 1 of the 2 will then let you transfer to another account,
try sending to that paypal with the option "goods or service" that COULD be a way round it if you are in that much of a rush
Old 01-27-2019

the reason why they are not replying on market place is because they have not read your message yet, click on sellers name and page will pop up and show when they where last active, you need to be patient
Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
generate money as in receiving money
if you have no card or bank attached to your paypal you will encounter problems like the one you have now, adding 1 of the 2 will then let you transfer to another account,
try sending to that paypal with the option "goods or service" that COULD be a way round it if you are in that much of a rush
It's one PayPal dude, i mean my account IS under my brothers name...

It's also blocking me from 'Good and Services' i was trying that as well...

Ugh

I'm really desperate... And the sellers here are horrible, they don't even reply...
Old 01-27-2019

Quote:
It's one PayPal dude, i mean my account IS under my brothers name...

It's also blocking me from 'Good and Services' i was trying that as well...

Ugh

I'm really desperate... And the sellers here are horrible, they don't even reply...
They will reply when they are online, i clicked on a few profiles of those that offer that service and none are online, one was last seen 8 hours ago, another 3 days ago
Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They will reply when they are online, i clicked on a few profiles of those that offer that service and none are online, one was last seen 8 hours ago, another 3 days ago
Man what a bummer :/
Old 01-28-2019

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
Big 4 carriers for sure work. I use Verizon in my case a year ago and it was in my name. Stealth was in same last name, but different first name. So it may work for you to just use your own Verizon line. I was able to withdraw after I got past the security check and haven't ran into the problem since.
a year ago........things have changed......the idea of having a phone registered in your name and having it pass security check does not work nemore..........

stop spreading old and outdated information......

unless you can prove that it works as of this week......dont spread old information.....
The Following User Says Thank You to H4ck For This Useful Post:
amazonp (04-17-2020)
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
a year ago........things have changed......the idea of having a phone registered in your name and having it pass security check does not work nemore..........

unless you can prove that it works as of this week......dont spread old information.....
Really?? What do you suggest i do now then??

I was in talks with my bro for him to buy a cheap phone that receives text under his name but if this won't work then what?...
Old 01-28-2019

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post

I said correct me if I'm wrong (which you apparently are and that's fine) I did say it was a year or so ago as a disclaimer. Just sharing a personal experience relative to the post.

And speaking of spreading around bad information, you just did so last week on one of my posts. You can PM me about it and I can tell you about it as it has nothing to do with this post.
Old 01-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
UPDATE!!

It seems the quick verification went away today and i was able to send the money, feel lucky right now but i got a question.

What do i need to do now to prevent this from happening again??? Just a phone number with the name on it???
Yes just wait it out, almost always goes away. Don't listen to people's "red flags"..."dirty ip address" type BS
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Really?? What do you suggest i do now then??

I was in talks with my bro for him to buy a cheap phone that receives text under his name but if this won't work then what?...
Can someone please answer my question??

If getting a phone # under the persons PayPals name doesn't work, then what??
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Yes just wait it out, almost always goes away. Don't listen to people's "red flags"..."dirty ip address" type BS
I know bro but it keeps coming back this is the second time..

How many times does it need to go away after for it to never come back??

Or is that not possible>??
Old 01-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I know bro but it keeps coming back this is the second time..

How many times does it need to go away after for it to never come back??

Or is that not possible>??
It can ALWAYS come back
Old 01-28-2019

Activity: 1%

Quote:
....I'm really desperate.....

THIS is the real problem. Not faulting you, because I was the exact same way when I first came to the forum. (My first few months in the forum, actually) But it's often the problem that keeps the solutions you get from here from being effective.

When you're desperate, you're usually in a rush, and when you need to leave an account alone for 48 hours so the "quick security check" goes away, there's NO WAY you're not going to at least check once in that time which works against the security check going away.

It also prevents you from reading the stealth guide, which once you read and really understand it, you'd know there's no reason or benefit to be using a family member's info on an account.

And a lot of other things. In general, being in a rush or desperate makes you do or try the things that help the least in the long run, and while this pointer might not solve anything today for you, it's something to remember over the longer term, especially now that you found the forum. Any regular user of this site sees a ton of panicked new people asking how to do this and that, and there is almost never a simple binary answer, problems (and solutions) come from a blend of habits and factors, and those are only fixed with careful research, patience, and planning. And if you're doing most of this under an extreme budget and depending on other people for favors, phones, and doing things around their convenience, your efforts are already compromised.

Hang in there, and if it helps at all, I had 3 accounts that got "quick security check" pop ups in the past week which was weird, I never got those before, so it must be part of something new they are doing. I didn't need to do anything with the two of them, so I really did leave them for around 48 hours and they both let me send money. I doubt a second payment the same day would have been a good thing to try, though. The third (which I didn't leave completely alone for 48 hours, this is how I know it's hard to do) still wouldn't let me do anything, but my seller who I've done business with before sent me an invoice, and after leaving the account alone for 24 hours, I was able to log in and click "pay" and it went through.

Keep in mind as you work on this whether each thing you do is because it's the best option you've discovered because of research, or if it's an act of desperation. It's a reminder we all need sometimes.

Last edited by Elliot; 01-28-2019 at 08:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elliot For This Useful Post:
martyjump (01-29-2019), nickopedia (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
THIS is the real problem. Not faulting you, because I was the exact same way when I first came to the forum. (My first few months in the forum, actually) But it's often the problem that keeps the solutions you get from here from being effective.

When you're desperate, you're usually in a rush, and when you need to leave an account alone for 48 hours so the "quick security check" goes away, there's NO WAY you're not going to at least check once in that time which works against the security check going away.

It also prevents you from reading the stealth guide, which once you read and really understand it, you'd know there's no reason or benefit to be using a family member's info on an account.

And a lot of other things. In general, being in a rush or desperate makes you do or try the things that help the least in the long run, and while this pointer might not solve anything today for you, it's something to remember over the longer term, especially now that you found the forum. Any regular user of this site sees a ton of panicked new people asking how to do this and that, and there is almost never a simple binary answer, problems (and solutions) come from a blend of habits and factors, and those are only fixed with careful research, patience, and planning. And if you're doing most of this under an extreme budget and depending on other people for favors, phones, and doing things around their convenience, your efforts are already compromised.

Hang in there, and if it helps at all, I had 3 accounts that got "quick security check" pop ups in the past week which was weird, I never got those before, so it must be part of something new they are doing. I didn't need to do anything with the two of them, so I really did leave them for around 48 hours and they both let me send money. I doubt a second payment the same day would have been a good thing to try, though. The third (which I didn't leave completely alone for 48 hours, this is how I know it's hard to do) still wouldn't let me do anything, but my seller who I've done business with before sent me an invoice, and after leaving the account alone for 24 hours, I was able to log in and click "pay" and it went through.

Keep in mind as you work on this whether each thing you do is because it's the best option you've discovered because of research, or if it's an act of desperation. It's a reminder we all need sometimes.
I agree with all this.

The main problem is people are too desperate and impulsive, and just need to take a chill pill and wait it out. I have quite a few stealth PayPal's and have experienced this many times. Just letting an account sit for a few days and trying again later works wonders sometimes.