eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Do people sending you money send your physical address to paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/123741-do-people-sending-you-money-send-your-physical-address-paypal.html)

spinningtop 02-05-2019 03:24 AM

Do people sending you money send your physical address to paypal?

Do people that send a payment to you provide your physical address on file to paypal? Will paypal tell them if that address doesn't match the address in your paypal account? If so, if the address sent by the payer matches an old paypal account but not the current account, will that raise red flags?

nickopedia 02-05-2019 06:52 AM

Re: Do people sending you money send your physical address to paypal?

There are two ways of sending money via PP:

1) Goods & Services (G&S)
2) Friends & Family (F&F)

With the first option, the sender of the funds can include their address which you will see, or select "no address" required from the drop down. In general, PayPal expects G&S transactions to be associated with an actual sale/service payment. This is the least risky type of transaction in the eyes of PayPal. Be aware there are fees deducted for a G&S transfer.

If the senders address doesn't match or is "unverified" you will see that in the transaction email/record.

The second option doesn't give you the option of sending your address to the recipient, and it's usually without any fees. You should use F&F payments sparingly, however since PayPal looks at these as higher than average risk.

There are people who like to "withdrawal" their PP accounts using the F&F payments, but I will tell you it's not a sustainable method. Don't do it. Withdrawal to a bank when possible.

spinningtop 02-05-2019 02:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about sending money but receiving it. Does someone sending money to me, send the physical address they have for me to paypal? Is it a red flag if that address doesn't match the address I have on file at paypal?

ddm50 02-06-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinningtop (Post 976415)
Thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about sending money but receiving it. Does someone sending money to me, send the physical address they have for me to paypal? Is it a red flag if that address doesn't match the address I have on file at paypal?

What are you talking about lol?

csnaruto115 02-06-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinningtop (Post 976307)
Do people that send a payment to you provide your physical address on file to paypal? Will paypal tell them if that address doesn't match the address in your paypal account? If so, if the address sent by the payer matches an old paypal account but not the current account, will that raise red flags?

they do no go that far

spinningtop 02-06-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddm50 (Post 976676)
What are you talking about lol?

I guess I'm not getting my point across.

I have an account at a company called payingmemoney. My physical address there is:

Some One
12 Some One's Drive
Somewhere, US 11111

My physical address at Paypal is:

Some One
26 Other Person's Avenue
Somewhere Else, US 22222

If payingmemoney sends funds to my paypal account, do they send the physical address they have for me to paypal?

Is it a problem if those two addresses don't match up?

Is it even more of a problem if my address at payingmemoney is the same as another paypal account. Not the paypal account that the payment is being sent to?

nickopedia 02-06-2019 09:11 PM

What is Payingmemoney ?

Is this another type of payment service? Never heard of it.

spinningtop 02-07-2019 06:27 PM

Sorry. Payingmemoney is just a name I made up to try to explain the situation. It's not a real company. I'm just trying to illustrate my point.

I guess I'm overthinking it. I guess if it were a problem it will be well known by now. Since I assume that at least a few people would have run into this if they got an account limited and opened up a new account and forgot to change their address at the payer.

yankee 02-07-2019 06:48 PM

It seems you dont understand how paypal works.

You send money via email..... No addresses needed.

spinningtop 02-08-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 977142)
It seems you dont understand how paypal works.

You send money via email..... No addresses needed.

It seems you don't understand how paypal works. Since addresses can be sent when you send money. For example, when you pay for something you bought, your shipping address will sent along with your payment. In that case, addresses are needed.

Anyways, from the lack of responses saying it's a problem. It seems it's not.