eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   So where is paypal headed next 5 years? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/123788-so-where-paypal-headed-next-5-years.html)

nakamuru 02-06-2019 05:06 PM

So where is paypal headed next 5 years?

I remember being devastated that my paypal has been suspended after being with them for 17 years. I kept mentioning this over and over again but corporations don't care about your personal life or loyalty. So couple years ago this happened I kept trying to get back on but with no luck. Thinking paypal will keep being a power house I realized that new payment center adyen will take over ebay now. So made me think that I shouldn't be too concern for feeling left out of using (buying/selling) via paypal but considering that millions still have this , I do lose lot of sales on my own non ebay shop. Anyways, is paypal gonna grow? as it's still a household name or you see decline in it. I used to use paypal to send money to people but now it's venmo (which i think is paypal company anyways lol)

Also, anyone who had paypal long as me that got suspended ever get there account back?

These online places should really give people more chances as people do change for the better. Yet I understand we are creature of habit but just like traffic tickets where it goes on our record but will not be counted against us as time goes by.

treysupreme 02-06-2019 05:33 PM

Re: So where is paypal headed next 5 years?

PayPal will be fine. They don't need you or me or eBay. I also doubt eBay stops taking PayPal within 5 years either. That would hurt eBay.

nakamuru 02-06-2019 05:48 PM

Yeah theres lot of people conveniently paying for paypal and like the process of refunds if it happens so guess your right .. I say it gradually just keeps growing. Kind of sucks cause I wanted them too do bad unless they give my account back :)

Bigcheeze45 02-06-2019 05:53 PM

Well from what ebay says. They are going to be completely done with paypal by 2023.

nickopedia 02-06-2019 05:55 PM

There is a lot more to PayPal than eBay. PayPal isn't going away any time soon.

treysupreme 02-06-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcheeze45 (Post 976791)
Well from what ebay says. They are going to be completely done with paypal by 2023.

That'll depend on how much Ayden is being used. If in 2022 they still see a large percentage of people using PayPal, no way they shoot themselves in the foot and stop accepting it.

Bigcheeze45 02-06-2019 08:05 PM

I hope you're right but ebay forced paypal on everybody when they wanted to be strictly paypal. What's to stop em now ?

treysupreme 02-06-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcheeze45 (Post 976821)
I hope you're right but ebay forced paypal on everybody when they wanted to be strictly paypal. What's to stop em now ?

Other options (Amazon).

ghostdude 02-06-2019 08:21 PM

IMO paypal is not on there way out, they are on there way out of ebay though.

Here is why, they along with other companies are looking for more ways to add or get new services where it will be less risk on them. More services like Zelle mixed with paypal (but not zelle), but there not gonna call it paypal. Where you can pay at your own risk type services, this will force people to really focus on who they buy from.

Less risk, less dispute, less cost to them. Ebay will always accept paypal payments, but they will definitely be using less of them. Not by choice.

nickopedia 02-07-2019 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostdude (Post 976836)

Here is why, they along with other companies are looking for more ways to add or get new services where it will be less risk on them. More services like Zelle mixed with paypal (but not zelle), but there not gonna call it paypal. Where you can pay at your own risk type services, this will force people to really focus on who they buy from.

Less risk, less dispute, less cost to them. Ebay will always accept paypal payments, but they will definitely be using less of them. Not by choice.

This, along with multi-branding and "white label" payment solutions, and mobile payments are where PayPal is headed.

PayPal is a money transmitter. They might not use the "PayPal" name per-se, but the underpinnings of the service are still the same.

nakamuru 02-07-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostdude (Post 976836)

Is zelle the great new thing now? Is it like paypal? I googled but not sure how big it is. never heard of it

nickopedia 02-07-2019 09:49 PM

Zelle is a U.S.-based digital payments network owned by Early Warning Services, a private financial services company owned by the banks Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, US Bank and Wells Fargo.

In short, it's a private network mainly between participating banks to move funds between account holders. It's separate (and much faster) than the ACH (Fedwire) that is used to transfer today.

nakamuru 02-08-2019 10:03 PM

so its different then paypal where we can send funds to each other instantly via app or website and if you have own site its not a payment processor right? not many seem to know about zelle and is more of a check transfer ?

nickopedia 02-08-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakamuru (Post 977393)
so its different then paypal where we can send funds to each other instantly via app or website and if you have own site its not a payment processor right? not many seem to know about zelle and is more of a check transfer ?

Zelle isn't really a stand alone service per-se, more of a payment network used by participating banks to move money between them. Rather than using the slower ACH (Fedwire) system for clearing payments, they move through Zelle's network from bank to bank more or less instantly.