eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Online bank (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/123816-online-bank.html)

Kajunrook 02-07-2019 10:40 AM

Online bank

Is there an online bank you can sign up for if you have lost your id? Not in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name but your real ID, I have a friend I am trying to help out but he has outstanding warrants and is afraid to go to DMV for license as he is afraid they will have some type of alert on his name. Any feedback would be cool, nothing illegal just needs a way to cash out Paypal now.

JamesNorth101 02-07-2019 10:41 AM

Re: Online bank

Maybe talk to the banks and ask? I know in the UK we can easily get them without needing ID via a credit check but I am not sure how it works out in the US

SaiJin 02-07-2019 10:48 AM

In USA, you need ID no matter what. Even if it's online.

But then again I have no experience otherwise.

rsot 02-07-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 977008)
Any feedback would be cool, nothing illegal just needs a way to cash out Paypal now.

I am just saying that the best feedback you should give your friend is to address these warrants and not keep running away.

Being friends with a person with outstanding arrests could lead to trouble later on - i'm just being real here.

nickopedia 02-07-2019 11:21 AM

Most online banks check identity by doing a soft CRA pull or other database like Lexis Nexis. They might also check you against Chex Systems and Early Warning (EWS). You can be sure they will want to confirm and validate your ID as well. Expect it as they have to comply with typical KYC regs.

Kajunrook 02-07-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 977013)
I am just saying that the best feedback you should give your friend is to address these warrants and not keep running away.

Being friends with a person with outstanding arrests could lead to trouble later on - i'm just being real here.

I did and he called public defender, minimum one year in the pokey, so to him that is not an option.

phaz0rz 02-07-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 977025)
I did and he called public defender, minimum one year in the pokey, so to him that is not an option.

The Patriot Act says you have to provide two forms of government issued ID to open a bank account. There's a sign saying that on almost every bank teller's desk in the country. But your driver's license doesn't have to be one of the two. Options are : drivers license, state ID, passport, birth certificate, SS card.

So tell him to use one of the two that aren't a drivers license.

Kajunrook 02-07-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 977027)
The Patriot Act says you have to provide two forms of government issued ID to open a bank account. There's a sign saying that on almost every bank teller's desk in the country. But your driver's license doesn't have to be one of the two. Options are : drivers license, state ID, passport, birth certificate, SS card.

So tell him to use one of the two that aren't a drivers license.

Thanks for that

phaz0rz 02-07-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 977041)
Thanks for that

No problem. I meant to say "use two of the five", but you know what I meant. :doh:

JamesNorth101 02-07-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 977025)

Sounds like he has bigger issues than just trying to open a bank account...

ebaystealth1974 02-14-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 977008)
I have a friend I am trying to help out

Suuuurrrreeeeee!!! A friend.... uh huhhhh!

:spy:

yankee 02-14-2019 11:01 AM

I have never opened a bank account online(been at least two years since i opened online bank accounts) and needed to upload an ID....BUT they make you answer database questions.

ebaystealth1974 02-14-2019 11:10 AM

Holy sh1t! I was just joking with my above statement, but then I ran across this post lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 971300)
Had two of my 5 paypals limited last week asking for Proof of Fullfillment and picture ID and supplier invoices. They seem to think I am selling digital but I am NOT. Net net though is I have no picture ID to get past that. I can prove my items are not digital and have been shipped with tracking.

Anything you wanna tell us Kajun? :pound:

roober 02-14-2019 07:03 PM

Usa Bank account can be opened online, without photo id
for example, Gobank is not difficult to open, sometimes there are secret questions about the past, but it is not always

TheRealist 02-14-2019 11:30 PM

Yea if you open an account online you don't need the ID.

phaz0rz 02-15-2019 08:07 AM

Seems to completely go against the law of the land.. but whatever you guys say. :thumb:

nickopedia 02-15-2019 08:45 AM

31 CFR § 1020.220
Customer identification programs for banks.
Also refer to the CIP rule under Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act.

You simply arn't getting around it in the USA.

rsot 02-15-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 978680)
I have never opened a bank account online(been at least two years since i opened online bank accounts) and needed to upload an ID....BUT they make you answer database questions.

Ah kind of like checking on credit history and what is on a credit pull to match info

Kajunrook 02-15-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 978679)
Suuuurrrreeeeee!!! A friend.... uh huhhhh!

:spy:

Yeah a friend, his sister is a CLOSE friend of mine

MM78 02-15-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roober (Post 978765)
Usa Bank account can be opened online, without photo id
for example, Gobank is not difficult to open, sometimes there are secret questions about the past, but it is not always

GoBank isn't technically a bank, its a prepaid card issued by a third party. They just happen to provide a Routing/Account Number.

FYI, I don't recommend people use these types of cards/accounts with mismatch name deposits. Just because some allow for mismatch name deposits now, doesn't mean they will forever. This has been the case with A LOT of these Prepaids, eventually they figure it out and block mismatch name deposits.

Jennifer91 02-15-2019 03:31 PM

#thuglife short answer No. There were ways you can open up a bank account in the USA without photo ID (15+ yrs ago, possible). My friend did it and so did I. But we were young and this was right after 9/11. But I am sure those days are gone and no I won't tell you how it was back then. And the account would be on hold until you provided the correct paper work once you have it (full access of the banking). And you can't really do much with the account anyways. Now days I am sure it has changed as everyone else said on here.

Jennifer91 02-15-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 978962)
GoBank isn't technically a bank, its a prepaid card issued by a third party. They just happen to provide a Routing/Account Number.

FYI, I don't recommend people use these types of cards/accounts with mismatch name deposits. Just because some allow for mismatch name deposits now, doesn't mean they will forever. This has been the case with A LOT of these Prepaids, eventually they figure it out and block mismatch name deposits.

100% ^

Plus pp will flag it, as account now, greendot, & any just like any other prepaid used/abused etc. I use to have both of these on my main US account for the longest time then I had removed them.