eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Avoiding filipino call center (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/124036-avoiding-filipino-call-center.html)

Matce 02-15-2019 04:08 PM

Avoiding filipino call center

Guys,

any tips/tricks how to get to a US rep?

On the phone now for hours and I'm getting one filipino after the other - starting to go nuts.

thanks!

nickopedia 02-15-2019 06:13 PM

Re: Avoiding filipino call center

This has been discussed before. Probably because the Filipino reps are hard to deal with and not as flexible as the Americans. This usuaully has to do with the fact Filipinos are good at following directions to the "T" and more likely not to bend the rules. :)

The Philippine call center is the spillover when PayPal's Nebraska reps are busy.
You have a better chance of reaching Omaha by calling their direct line 402-935-2050 EARLY in the morning, US time. This means between 8am and 10am US Central Time.

Alternatively if you are connected to the Philippine rep, you can ask them to transfer you to the US, but you must insist on this at the beginning of the call. Typically escalations are bounced back to Omaha when that happens.

JENNY9091 02-15-2019 07:09 PM

Earlier than January this year, I can reach 1-2 American reps out of 10 tries. However I have no luck for almost 2 months, VERY VERY frustrated. I try every day, early in the morning, aftertoon, and evening, I can reach NONE.

Matce 02-15-2019 08:16 PM

I can confirm that calling the 402 number did the trick.
Still had to try about 10-12 times but got someone with "authority" LOL - account restored, beautiful.

Jennifer91 02-15-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 979005)
This has been discussed before. Probably because the Filipino reps are hard to deal with and not as flexible as the Americans. This usuaully has to do with the fact Filipinos are good at following directions to the "T" and more likely not to bend the rules. :)

The Philippine call center is the spillover when PayPal's Nebraska reps are busy.
You have a better chance of reaching Omaha by calling their direct line 402-935-2050 EARLY in the morning, US time. This means between 8am and 10am US Central Time.

Alternatively if you are connected to the Philippine rep, you can ask them to transfer you to the US, but you must insist on this at the beginning of the call. Typically escalations are bounced back to Omaha when that happens.

I would use 3 devices to phone in at the same time, and hang up and so on until I got a US rep.

But 2nd time I see you posting that number. Def will help now more. I always do the "escalation" route, always on the phone, just to get a US rep.

You can also reach them online with facebook or twitter (I heard). I know you can reach ebay for business on facebook also. They are pretty good and very quick. No clue on paypal tho.

nickopedia 02-15-2019 10:03 PM

PayPal has two main US Offices; The Corporate HQ in San Jose, CA but they usually don't deal at the front line level- it's more for administrative type stuff.

PayPal's main US base is located in La Vista, Nebraska (Omaha) which is a huge campus; they deal with most customer-facing functions, big data, risk managment, merchant services, and other backoffice functions. Yes, Omaha has US frontline reps, but when they get too busy, the spillover will go one of their outsourcing partners in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, PayPal is doubling down on their Philippines Customer Service presence. They are hiring more workers and those jobs are mostly with BPO contractors like Convergys, Teleperformance, Accenture, etc.

This means your chances of getting a US based rep is going to be diminished as time goes on, at least for people unaware of other methods of contact. I have access to internal numbers at both eBay and PayPal I can use to my advantage, some of which are NOT published or found online. ;)

Jennifer91 02-16-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 979030)
PayPal has two main US Offices; The Corporate HQ in San Jose, CA but they usually don't deal at the front line level- it's more for administrative type stuff.

PayPal's main US base is located in La Vista, Nebraska (Omaha) which is a huge campus; they deal with most customer-facing functions, big data, risk managment, merchant services, and other backoffice functions. Yes, Omaha has US frontline reps, but when they get too busy, the spillover will go one of their outsourcing partners in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, PayPal is doubling down on their Philippines Customer Service presence. They are hiring more workers and those jobs are mostly with BPO contractors like Convergys, Teleperformance, Accenture, etc.

This means your chances of getting a US based rep is going to be diminished as time goes on, at least for people unaware of other methods of contact. I have access to internal numbers at both eBay and PayPal I can use to my advantage, some of which are NOT published or found online. ;)

Very impressed. You forgot Ireland. Sure got a lot of great info from you on this one.