Registered a business in Hong Kong. Question about Paypal and bank account linking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-10-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Registered a business in Hong Kong. Question about Paypal and bank account linking

So I sell stuff online and receive payments via stripe and paypal from customers on a shopify store.

I registered a business in Hong Kong and signed up to Airwallex. Airwallex provided me with a UK and US bank account.

My problem now is that if I link the UK virtual bank to my UK paypal account. At some point paypal may ask for business info and documents which I cannot provide, because my business is registered in HK and not the UK.

Should I try get a HK Bank (not easy) and link it to a HK paypal account? Or can I use the UK virtual bank with a UK paypal account and somehow not get shut down if paypal ask for the business info?

Help is very much appreciated! This is really limiting me right now and I cannot seem to find anything online that can help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Registered a business in Hong Kong. Question about Paypal and bank account linkin

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

UK virtual bank is virtually impossible to find :(
Old 03-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Registered a business in Hong Kong. Question about Paypal and bank account linkin

Thanks! I look forward to learning more about PP on this forum.

I successfully have a UK bank account provided by airwallex.

I can also get a real UK bank myself as I am a UK citizen.

But I want to use my HK business because tax in HK is less. So I am not sure if I should use a UK paypal with a virtual UK Bank if I do not have a UK Business setup. I think paypal have a UK database that they can check? Or when they ask for info I cannot provide it.
Old 03-11-2019

Post Re: Registered a business in Hong Kong. Question about Paypal and bank account linkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent1 View Post
Thanks! I look forward to learning more about PP on this forum.

I successfully have a UK bank account provided by airwallex.

I can also get a real UK bank myself as I am a UK citizen.

But I want to use my HK business because tax in HK is less. So I am not sure if I should use a UK paypal with a virtual UK Bank if I do not have a UK Business setup. I think paypal have a UK database that they can check? Or when they ask for info I cannot provide it.

My best advice would be to phone PayPal with this info. Not from that account of course that could trigger things if it is an issue. If you have an intact account then call from them or just create one. You can call them as a guest also and tell them you don't have a Paypal account yet and want to know if this path is viable.
I am not sure how deeply is Paypal involved with taxation in UK I just made 2 accounts here, before I was in Mid- Europe accounts and they didn't really gave a damn about me. I processed 4-6K a month on a business account. If you are not processing more than 8-10k a month I think you should be fine. If there is no other option, and you don't mind going that way you just have to get creative with the docs that PayPal demands from you. Good Luck