eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Does PayPal hate "in process" or "order processed" for tracking? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/124945-does-paypal-hate-process-order-processed-tracking.html)

DangYouPayPayal 03-24-2019 10:06 AM

Does PayPal hate "in process" or "order processed" for tracking?

Have a few sales that are in process and will be for awhile, and some that did not require shipping so their order was processed, so that's how I marked them on my PayPal.

However, I am wondering if PayPal hates this actually and will eventually come back to me for tracking, even if not applicable.

Does anyone know? I mean it may be hard for anyone to know, so maybe I'll rephrase. Does anyone else mark as in process or order processed and have not had issues?

phaz0rz 03-24-2019 10:14 AM

Re: Does PayPal hate "in process" or "order processed" for tracking?

A lot of the time I leave the transaction as is and don't mark it as anything. With a lot of our regular customers who pay via PP invoice I turn the VM off after sending their invoice and then never go back and upload tracking or mark the order as shipped or anything.

So I wouldn't say they "hate" what you're talking about but I think it would be a red flag if you start having problems with customers.

DangYouPayPayal 03-24-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 988474)
A lot of the time I leave the transaction as is and don't mark it as anything. With a lot of our regular customers who pay via PP invoice I turn the VM off after sending their invoice and then never go back and upload tracking or mark the order as shipped or anything.

So I wouldn't say they "hate" what you're talking about but I think it would be a red flag if you start having problems with customers.

Cool, I appreciate the input!

Dumb question though, and it will probably hit me after you tell me, but what is "VM"?

These are also regular customers too who I trust and have a history with. It just still worries me though, lol.

phaz0rz 03-24-2019 10:24 AM

Virtual machine. Basically what I meant was, I send the invoice to the customer then turn off the computer I sent it from. I'll log back in a few hours later to make sure it's been paid before I drop off their shipment, but I rarely go back in and add tracking or mark the order as shipped.

DangYouPayPayal 03-24-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 988479)
Virtual machine. Basically what I meant was, I send the invoice to the customer then turn off the computer I sent it from. I'll log back in a few hours later to make sure it's been paid before I drop off their shipment, but I rarely go back in and add tracking or mark the order as shipped.

Makes total sense. I thought it meant virtual machine but wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks man. I really appreciate it! Makes me feel better.

ebaystealth1974 03-24-2019 11:13 AM

On a website of mine, the payments came in through Stripe and Paypal. I NEVER uploaded any tracking to the Paypal transactions and never had any problems.

phaz0rz 03-24-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 988495)
On a website of mine, the payments came in through Stripe and Paypal. I NEVER uploaded any tracking to the Paypal transactions and never had any problems.

I'm a firm believer that if you do it regularly they expect you not to upload tracking. And they're fine with that as long as you don't start having customer problems.

ebaystealth1974 03-24-2019 11:32 AM

I'm sure.

Only time I was ever worried about the PP account, regarding the website sales, was once we had an inventory mishap and I had to refund about 10-15 orders in a row for a hot item.

$110 item. I was skurred lol

Nothing ever came of it, though.