eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can I use the same EIN for multiple PayPal accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/125093-can-i-use-same-ein-multiple-paypal-accounts.html)

billionaires101 03-29-2019 08:09 PM

Can I use the same EIN for multiple PayPal accounts?

Hello everyone,

I used my sole prop EIN to verify my first PP account as it neared the 200/20k limit. That account was stable but went down a while ago due to user error. Now, I have a new (strong) account and it needs EIN verification again. Can I use my same EIN again, or do I need to create a new LLC and use that EIN? Or do I have any other options for obtaining a new EIN?

Thank you all!

Fuhrer84 03-29-2019 09:42 PM

Re: Can I use the same EIN for multiple PayPal accounts?

You have to obtian a new EIN for new business name

billionaires101 03-31-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhrer84 (Post 990070)
You have to obtian a new EIN for new business name

okay thanks

SaiJin 03-31-2019 11:45 AM

You have the stealth guide, good!

Now all you need to do is follow it to the T . Completely. No short cuts. No ifs.

billionaires101 03-31-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 990417)
You have the stealth guide, good!

Now all you need to do is follow it to the T . Completely. No short cuts. No ifs.

Yep which is what I have done multiple times. Do you have any advice on my question? Since it is not covered in the guide.

SaiJin 03-31-2019 12:15 PM

Really? It's not?
I'm looking at my 10 year old guide and the teachings is :

1 info 1 account.

No repeat use. So you'll have to make a new EIN.

It doesn't make sense if Nordstroms tax info is being used at Bagel Joe's , right? =P

yankee 03-31-2019 12:38 PM

LLC, LLP, S-corp, c-corp, Trust, etc.... Those are some of your other options for obtaining an EIN.

The EIN is free from the IRS website. You can file a company later with a state.

Leader2dark 03-31-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 990429)
LLC, LLP, S-corp, c-corp, Trust, etc.... Those are some of your other options for obtaining an EIN.

The EIN is free from the IRS website. You can file a company later with a state.

What if you never hit limits with your EIN. Does anyone look into it? Can you use multiple EIN and never hit limits and never have filed LLCs?

yankee 03-31-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leader2dark (Post 990487)
What if you never hit limits with your EIN. Does anyone look into it? Can you use multiple EIN and never hit limits and never have filed LLCs?

What?

I Personally would NEVER add an EIN to an account unless I absolutely had to and wanted to run at least a few hundred grand on the account each year. I would not suggest getting an EIN and adding it to any paypal account right off if you dont sell much and if if you plan to sell a lot, I would hold off to make sure the account is good and lasts AND sells. Sometimes, some accounts just dont do well.

Leader2dark 04-01-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 990516)
What?

I Personally would NEVER add an EIN to an account unless I absolutely had to and wanted to run at least a few hundred grand on the account each year. I would not suggest getting an EIN and adding it to any paypal account right off if you dont sell much and if if you plan to sell a lot, I would hold off to make sure the account is good and lasts AND sells. Sometimes, some accounts just dont do well.

I don't currently use any EIN, I'm just worried in the future tax info will be required. To sell anything.

bman707 04-01-2019 10:28 AM

Well when they do ask then add it but don’t add in until you have to why add it before the account may get burned before.

agent006140 04-01-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 990516)
What?

The reasons why they use EIN is because they cant use their SSN,so what do you suggest they use ?
they dont have much of a choice ?

montrejose 04-18-2020 12:29 PM

Can the LLC I will file be a single member LLC or must it be a multi-member LLC?

Thanks