eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Need some help for 3k (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/125232-need-some-help-3k.html)

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 01:49 AM

Need some help for 3k

I have some really old antique collections, toys and a few other things i would like to sell on ebay. I really need some help here. Some of the items i have are worth a lot of money and i feel i would get more for it on ebay than i could at a local auction.

Problem is that i only have a brand new account. What should i do ?

If i sell at say 2.5k - 3k is paypal just going to hold my money as soon as the buyer purchases ? This is really bugging me out as i feel i will get more exposure and a better price on ebay but this paypal s**t is really driving me crazy why do they make it so dam complicated.

just_smile 04-05-2019 02:20 AM

Re: Need some help for 3k

For that price take cash on collection only. People will travel for an expensive item so it won't put anyone off buying.

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 03:20 AM

I travel a lot for work, so that solution would not be viable. However, thanks for contributing. If you have any other solutions i am all ears. Its really important i get this figuted out. I cant afford to wait 21 days and i dont like sending items upfront and waiting 21 days for the money. I am desperate for the cash, hence the reason i am getting rid of some old stuff but it has to be done i have bills to pay, need to keep the wolves away from the door.

just_smile 04-05-2019 03:45 AM

Use a family members account with their permission.

BENDYMAN 04-05-2019 04:28 AM

This is easy to sort out, if some one pays you via paypal, just send them a post card to the address on their paypal.
use tracking and input that tracking in your paypal.
your funds will be available 24 hrs after the tracking shows delivered.

james_112233 04-05-2019 05:00 AM

Don't accept that sort of money via paypal for an antique unless you are prepared to take a loss. BACS or Cash on collection only.

rsot 04-05-2019 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocoloco (Post 991766)
I travel a lot for work, so that solution would not be viable. However, thanks for contributing. If you have any other solutions i am all ears. Its really important i get this figuted out. I cant afford to wait 21 days and i dont like sending items upfront and waiting 21 days for the money. I am desperate for the cash, hence the reason i am getting rid of some old stuff but it has to be done i have bills to pay, need to keep the wolves away from the door.

Desperate for cash....don't trust Paypal for cooperating with your situation - you have to slowly build trust, etc.

If you can't afford to wait for 21 days then don't use PP - maybe seek someone who can help sell your stuff for a cut of your loot I guess

just_smile 04-05-2019 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 991801)
maybe seek someone who can help sell your stuff for a cut of your loot I guess

That does sound like what he's looking for.

Any stranger would be a fool to offer their own PayPal for a cut.

agent006140 04-05-2019 07:46 AM

if you live in a major city,there are plenty of antique dealers with stores who will sell for you,or take a look at an outfit in NYC called Jasper (or Jasper 2),once approved you can list your own items and they will approve and your items are available on Liveautioneers which is worldwide bidding,they will accept payment and remit your share after you upload tracking.
I have sold a few items via them.
search on line it is Jasper2 or Jasper.
what kind of items do you have?

agent006140 04-05-2019 07:49 AM

if you go to Liveauctioneers,you will find the participant dealers ,many will take your items and list them on Liveauctioneer,Jasper is one which will allow you to list your items yourself.
Their fee is competitive,same as Ebay if I recall.

agent006140 04-05-2019 07:59 AM

plenty of people sell high price items on EBay,many dealers and individuals shop there.
you can set your criteria like no bidder with little or no feedback,do no ship to certain countries or regions and set a reserve/
you just have to know your seller protection ,both ebay and paypal,neither can protect you from item not as described when the buyer returned a piece of garbage .

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 10:06 AM

Ebay is bringing the most money for 1 particular antique I have. My family are really old school and dont use paypal, so I cant depend on asking people.

There has to be a solution to this problem. I cant be the only person in the world who has had this problem

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 991868)
plenty of people sell high price items on EBay,many dealers and individuals shop there.
you can set your criteria like no bidder with little or no feedback,do no ship to certain countries or regions and set a reserve/
you just have to know your seller protection ,both ebay and paypal,neither can protect you from item not as described when the buyer returned a piece of garbage .

This is what is annoying me. I can get like nearly €700 more for an item I have on ebay. However, since i dont bother with ebay to much, i have no selling history. From my research it looks like as soon as i sell the item 2.5/3k will be on hold for 21 days. I dont feel commfortable sending such an expensive item, as we have all heard of the chargeback scam stories. There has to be a solution/work aroind to this problem.

I was even thinking of trying to sell and if the money gets stuck to just email the seller and tell them that tbe money they have sent has been put on a 21 day hold and that u will post the item after money has cleared. What you guys think ?

just_smile 04-05-2019 10:23 AM

No one is going to wait up to 21 days when paying £2500 for an item...

agent006140 04-05-2019 10:46 AM

if you do not ship and upload tracking,your money would not be released.
go to liveauctioneer and find a local dealer,either consign or ask if you can upload it yourself.
no risk no reward,anytime you wanna makemoney,there is a chance you could lose money .
In USA,we can run ad in local newspaper,check CRAIGSLIST UNDER UK

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 991914)
No one is going to wait up to 21 days when paying £2500 for an item...

Would purchasing a high limit no hold 21 day account, would this resolve the issue ?

agent006140 04-05-2019 11:11 AM

if you travel a lot and have no one locally you trust to ship and watch your sales activity,you are better off asking a local dealer to handle the sales for you.
most payments are released less than 21 days,it is 3-21 days.
dont know about UK,but IN US if payment is 750 or more,you would need more than tracking,signature confirmation is needed

agent006140 04-05-2019 11:14 AM

ebay is a fleamarket,what books and appraisers tell you,you probably would not get that kind of money.
what are these items,toys ?
what kind of toys?

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 991952)
ebay is a fleamarket,what books and appraisers tell you,you probably would not get that kind of money.
what are these items,toys ?
what kind of toys?

I know what ebay is thank you very much. I have already done my research and seen what others are selling the antique for.

This is not the usa it is the uk. We dont use craiglist like usuggested before and other dealers will mean searching and then giving them a cut, which is another whole job in itself.

I will say this again. My question is..

How do i accept 2.5k foran antique on ebay. When i have a new account ?

That is my question. I just want an answer for that.

If i had family and friends who had a paypal, i wouldnt be spending my time on a forum that was designed to help those with similar issues.

There is a solution but people dont seem to be willing to share. There has to be a work around. I cant be the only one on this forum that has had this issue.

ddm50 04-05-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocoloco (Post 991955)
I know what ebay is thank you very much. I have already done my research and seen what others are selling the antique for.

This is not the usa it is the uk. We dont use craiglist like usuggested before and other dealers will mean searching and then giving them a cut, which is another whole job in itself.

I will say this again. My question is..

How do i accept 2.5k foran antique on ebay. When i have a new account ?

That is my question. I just want an answer for that.

If i had family and friends who had a paypal, i wouldnt be spending my time on a forum that was designed to help those with similar issues.

There is a solution but people dont seem to be willing to share. There has to be a work around. I cant be the only one on this forum that has had this issue.

There's no work around, you could buy an aged account but even then there's a slight chance of being suspended/limited.

Pocoloco 04-05-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddm50 (Post 991979)
There's no work around, you could buy an aged account but even then there's a slight chance of being suspended/limited.

You have any suggestions what kind of aged accounts
Ie limits and stuff ?

Any recommendations on a vendor ?