eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   What's the best practice for closing a PayPal account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/125421-whats-best-practice-closing-paypal-account.html)

spinningtop 04-12-2019 12:24 AM

What's the best practice for closing a PayPal account?

I got the notice of new PayPal terms coming in May today. I noticed they said if I don't agree I should close my account. I think I'll take them up on that offer. What's the best practice in closing a PayPal account? I'm not limited or stealth or anything. It's a PayPal account in good standing. I think I've read that it's a good idea to unlink the credit card and bank accounts before closing a PayPal account. Is that right? If I don't, will it do it automatically if I close the account. I have a tiny bit of a balance which I don't care if I get or not. I've also read that if I transfer money out to my bank account that I won't be able to unlink it for 6 months. I don't want to wait. I just want to be done with it. So what's the best practice for closing a PayPal account?

nickopedia 04-12-2019 12:38 AM

Re: What's the best practice for closing a PayPal account?

Closing a PP account is largely pointless since they always keep the info you gave them forever anyway.

Unlinking or removing accounts does nothing. It just doesn't show on your end in their GUI, but those accounts remain more or less indefinitely in PayPal's system.

Ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish by "closing" this account in the first place?

phaz0rz 04-12-2019 08:55 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/NFYYKtvL/Untitled.png

Wouldn't be necessary to unlink your bank and card first.

More power to you for quitting Paypal.. but what are you going to switch to?

yankee 04-12-2019 10:19 AM

You cant close unless the account is $0.00 and there is nothing pending. Other than that click "close account"

agent006140 04-12-2019 10:49 AM

you wont be able to remove bank and /or credit card,in case chargeback and disputes come

agent006140 04-12-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinningtop (Post 993675)
I got the notice of new PayPal terms coming in May today. I noticed they said if I don't agree I should close my account. I think I'll take them up on that offer. What's the best practice in closing a PayPal account? I'm not limited or stealth or anything. It's a PayPal account in good standing. I think I've read that it's a good idea to unlink the credit card and bank accounts before closing a PayPal account. Is that right? If I don't, will it do it automatically if I close the account. I have a tiny bit of a balance which I don't care if I get or not. I've also read that if I transfer money out to my bank account that I won't be able to unlink it for 6 months. I don't want to wait. I just want to be done with it. So what's the best practice for closing a PayPal account?

why not leave it open,you never know you may use it someday.